Rafa Club Newton Aycliffe 5Th July 2014 Serious Shades Of Soul

Crikey. Judging by the last few posts of Paul Ackley's playlists along with this one I can only look on in awe and envy at the quality of his collection. 

Plenty of soulful gems from the other dj's on the night too which must have made for a great night out.

Edited by illusive
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

I have said it before 'i'll say it again Paul Ackley's  playlist is beyond belief (awesome 'awesome)

Social source share

It was another good night on Saturday, a few locals missing due to Whitby weekender being on, which is to be expected,but non the less there are still a lot of faces from the area ( rare soul people) who don't seem to care enough to make the effort.

The lads are pulling in some top class dj/ collectors from around the UK, most of em travelling long distances to showcase their diverse tastes in all things soul, so imho the least we can do is return the favour :)

That said, there is always a good crowd of appreciative souls in and always a few new faces too and one in particular was keen to tell me personally how she had never ever heard music as good as that before Saturday night!

It never fails to deliver musically, is a proper little club and the people are no elitists,just friendly and down to earth, so if you like the playlists and haven't yet been,get yourself there, you won't be disappointed!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Last 7 records of Paul's set are astounding, its all great - he has a great ear for picking exactly the right next tune !!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!