Soul Shack Still Standing - News Of Future Guests Etc

After the recent scare i am pleased to say that 'The Soul Shack' is still on the air, your support and donations has secured the future, funding has always been a problem so again i can't thank you all enough. Future shows have been made possible with the support of 'Friends Of The Soul Shack' they all know who they are so again thanks.

Future Guest DJ's and Collectors -

There are several top guests due to pop into the studio over the next couple of months, Barry Maleedy will be joing me on Sunday August 6th with some of the Orwell 'Wall Of Sound' leading up to the Mini Allnighter in Wigan on Friday August 25th in two rooms with DJ's Barry, Flanny, Steve Connor, Steve Plumb, Soul Sam, Butch, Neil Jones and myself, future guests confirmed in the 'Soul Shack' include Nick Hackett, Dave Rimmer, Chris Anderton, Tony Smith, Neil Jones, Mark Ethridge, Jo Wallace, Mick Howard, the return of Flanny and Mr Plumb and others to be confirmed.

Venue Details and Requests Most Welcome -

For requests, mentions, dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com - www.solarradio.com

Promotions are more than welcome to send details of all future events and i will gladly mention them on the show, please send details well in advance of the event so i can give it a good mention leading up to the date.

New Compilations - New Releases - Reviews/Previews -

As ever i will be reviewing/previewing all the current new re issue CD's from the likes of Ace/Kent, Goldmine Soul Supply, Universal, Grapevine, Hayley etc. and all re issue 45's etc. again please feel free to contact me with press releases etc. bicknellmark@aol.com

The Music -

I try to play a good cross section of quality music on the show, everything from big ticket Northern through to early 70's crossover, Detroit, Chicago, Soulful R'n'B, lesser knowns, classic oldies from time to time, artist features and much more -Cashmeres, Four Tracks, Inverts, Claude Huey, Falcons, Volumes, Brothers Of Soul, Willie Wade, Moses Dillard, Bettye Lavette, The Heartbreakers, Four Gents, Hestitations, O'Jays, Artistics, Metros, Ascots, Bobby Kline, Elbie Parker, Jimmy Burns, Emanuel Laskey and many many more.

Sponsors - Big Thanks -

Thanks again for all the dozens of emails, phone calls and donations you have without question kept the 'Soul Shack' dream alive. Many thanks to Mike Hughes for allowing me to post all this stuff on here, i return all favours via the show, will be thanking everyone via the show over the next few weeks.

Lastly big thanks go out to all sponsors past and present which include Paul Donelly, Stuart Cosgrove, Neil Jones And Jayne Malone, Andy McCabe, Chris Waterman, Paul Conroy, Eddy Edmundson, Jo Wallace, John Manship for on going selections to play on the show and all the new sponsors aka 'Friends Of The Soul Shack'

Stop Press - Stop Press - Stop Press - Stop Press.

A venue has been secured and booked for Saturday September 9th in London, for a 'Soul Shack' night full details to follow soon - Top DJ's TBC - Further details to follow.

Every Sunday 8pm - 10pm - www.solarradio.com SKY DIGITAL CHANNEL 0129.

Regards and thanks - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

• Replies 53
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

excellent news mark, really enjoy your show :unsure: keep the good work up

and if you play your persionettes demo, please play "it happens every day"

awesome.....

happy soulin

russ

l.e.l soul club, st.ives, cambs, friday 11th august 8 - 2am, see events

Social source share

excellent news mark, really enjoy your show :unsure: keep the good work up

and if you play your persionettes demo, please play "it happens every day"

awesome.....

happy soulin

russ

l.e.l soul club, st.ives, cambs, friday 11th august 8 - 2am, see events

Thanks Russ, will do mate awesome 100mph Northern mate, also got a spare issue now...lol see you soon i hope.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Can you please post up details of where to send donations again please Mark.

Sure Brian - You can send an email for details tony.monson@btinternet.com or send to the following address - Thank You.

Payable to - Solar Broadcasting Limited.

For The Attention Of Tony Monson.

Solar Radio

Boulevard,

221 - 225 Grove Hall Court,

Hall Road,

London,

NW8 9NR.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

A venue has been secured and booked for Saturday September 9th in London, for a 'Soul Shack' night full details to follow soon - Top DJ's TBC - Further details to follow.

Details of advance ticket sales will be up soon

Social source share

All good Mark :yes: The support I've seen for this is amazing.

Look forward to seeing in the smoke September .

Keep it up

Lucy

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Sunday just wouldn't be Sunday without it. :shades:

What a great slogan for Mark's show... :D All djs booked - a couple to confirm...venue sorted - tickets being printed - and THEN.....it's all systems go....this will be a RAMMER...I can't wait to reveal the line-up for the night......get your cheque books ready.....fabbaroonie... :shades: Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Richard, not jumping the gun mate just so blown away with all your efforts, so i'll leave it up to you to confirm everything from here on in.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mark....IT'S GONNA BE A BIG THING... :shades: Can't wait....Jo

Social source share

Would like buy the back issue copies of the show off that guy???send details...Does that cash then go towards the show...????/

Steve, You would have to contact the guy directly, it's fine by me but the funds raised would have to go to Solar, good idea though so feel free.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Would like buy the back issue copies of the show off that guy???send details...Does that cash then go towards the show...????/

little-stevie

I'll gladly post all the shows I have, just make the cheque payable to Solar Broadcasting Ltd as per Mark's reply before, then PM me with your name & address and they'll be in the post :shades:

Social source share

After the recent scare i am pleased to say that 'The Soul Shack' is still on the air, your support and donations has secured the future, funding has always been a problem so again i can't thank you all enough. Future shows have been made possible with the support of 'Friends Of The Soul Shack' they all know who they are so again thanks.

There are several top guests due to pop into the studio over the next couple of months, Barry Maleedy will be joing me on Sunday August 6th with some of the Orwell 'Wall Of Sound' leading up to the Mini Allnighter in Wigan on Friday August 25th in two rooms with DJ's Barry, Flanny, Steve Connor, Steve Plumb, Soul Sam, Butch, Neil Jones and myself, future guests confirmed in the 'Soul Shack' include Nick Hackett, Dave Rimmer, Chris Anderton, Tony Smith, Neil Jones, Mark Ethridge, Jo Wallace, Mick Howard, the return of Flanny and Mr Plumb and others to be confirmed.

For requests, mentions, dedications contact bicknellmark@aol.com - www.solarradio.com

Promotions are more than welcome to send details of all future events and i will gladly mention them on the show, please send details well in advance of the event so i can give it a good mention leading up to the date.

As ever i will be reviewing/previewing all the current new re issue CD's from the likes of Ace/Kent, Goldmine Soul Supply, Universal, Grapevine, Hayley etc. and all re issue 45's etc. again please feel free to contact me with press releases etc. bicknellmark@aol.com

The Music -

I try to play a good cross section of quality music on the show, everything from big ticket Northern through to early 70's crossover, Detroit, Chicago, Soulful R'n'B, lesser knowns, classic oldies from time to time, artist features and much more -Cashmeres, Four Tracks, Inverts, Claude Huey, Falcons, Volumes, Brothers Of Soul, Willie Wade, Moses Dillard, Bettye Lavette, The Heartbreakers, Four Gents, Hestitations, O'Jays, Artistics, Metros, Ascots, Bobby Kline, Elbie Parker, Jimmy Burns, Emanuel Laskey and many many more.

Sponsors - Big Thanks -

Thanks again for all the dozens of emails, phone calls and donations you have without question kept the 'Soul Shack' dream alive. Many thanks to Mike Hughes for allowing me to post all this stuff on here, i return all favours via the show, will be thanking everyone via the show over the next few weeks.

Lastly big thanks go out to all sponsors past and present which include Paul Donelly, Stuart Cosgrove, Neil Jones And Jayne Malone, Andy McCabe, Chris Waterman, Paul Conroy, Eddy Edmundson, Jo Wallace, John Manship for on going selections to play on the show and all the new sponsors aka 'Friends Of The Soul Shack'

great news Mark,would be good if we could get a north west gig organised,look forward to coming back in to the shack,sundays just wouldn't be the same without the show

PS the la beat cd is the business,speak soon

Mick

Social source share

great news Mark,would be good if we could get a north west gig organised,look forward to coming back in to the shack,sundays just wouldn't be the same without the show

PS the la beat cd is the business,speak soon

Mick

Mick, Stevie Cato has offered a possible venue for a North West event perhaps around Christmas time and i believe The Orwell Boys have something in the offing, love to have you in 'The Shack' again sometime soon, well your name is on the list....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

All good Mark :shades: The support I've seen for this is amazing.

Look forward to seeing in the smoke September .

Keep it up

Lucy

Lucy, really looking forward to seeing you, all the details will be posted by Richard and Jo real soon, looking like it could be a fantastic night.

See you soon - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

looking like it could be a fantastic night.

COULD BE :shades:WILL BE.... blush.gif Lucy, it will be great to see you - 'bout time :shades: Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Thanks Russ, will do mate awesome 100mph Northern mate, also got a spare issue now...lol see you soon i hope.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Didn't I buy that off you last month? Have you got a great big box full? :shades: (Could have been someone else, I have no short term memory)

Call On Me does it for me.

With the wonders of modern technology would it be possible to arrange a 'hands across the water' Soul Shack show with the Canadian Soul Shackers Scott Relf and Johnny Rivera - that'd be absolutely brilliant!

(If anyone is unaware of that one it's at https://www.soulshack45.com/

Nice one :shades:

Social source share

Mick, Stevie Cato has offered a possible venue for a North West event perhaps around Christmas time and i believe The Orwell Boys have something in the offing, love to have you in 'The Shack' again sometime soon, well your name is on the list....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Yep, it's no secret that me and the other 3 Orwellians (Baz Maleady, Flanny & Steve Connor) are having a chin wag at tomorrow's Orwell about how we can theme the Northern Room at the mini niter on bank holiday weekend Friday 25th Aug.

When we've done, we'll run the ideas past young Mr B and see where we can go from there :shades:

The Shack is obviously precious to a lot of like minded Souls and we must do all we can to ensure it doesn't get blown away the next time a strong wind comes along!

With the do's in London and oop north, the donations & sales of past shows.........Mark, do you now realise that there are quite a few people out there who like what you do!

Cheers

Steve Plumb

Social source share

Yep, it's no secret that me and the other 3 Orwellians (Baz Maleady, Flanny & Steve Connor) are having a chin wag at tomorrow's Orwell about how we can theme the Northern Room at the mini niter on bank holiday weekend Friday 25th Aug.

When we've done, we'll run the ideas past young Mr B and see where we can go from there ph34r.gif

The Shack is obviously precious to a lot of like minded Souls and we must do all we can to ensure it doesn't get blown away the next time a strong wind comes along!

With the do's in London and oop north, the donations & sales of past shows.........Mark, do you now realise that there are quite a few people out there who like what you do!

Cheers

Steve Plumb

YES and thank you....lol

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

The Music -

Sponsors - Big Thanks -

Hi Mark

So glad it all worked out well

Sunday night saved ! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Shep

Social source share

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

"Friends of the Soul Shack" polo shirts, now theres an idea !!!

Looking forward to my regular Sunday evening appointment listening to the Soul Shack

:thumbsup: :dance:

Social source share

"Friends of the Soul Shack" polo shirts, now theres an idea !!!

Looking forward to my regular Sunday evening appointment listening to the Soul Shack

:thumbsup: :dance:

Might do a little button badge or something like that but not sure about the polo shirt idea? i'm looking into possibly doing a compilation CD through the right and correct channels of course.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Upbeat Promotions in conjunction with Solar Broadcasting

Present

Save Our Soul Shack

Saturday 9th September 2006 9pm to 2am

@ Marine Broker 17 Leman Street, London E1

Tickets available on 07751 016975 or email richardpx@hotmail.com

Minimum donation of £5.00 per ticket by cheque and must be made payable to Solar Broadcasting Limited

Dj lineup will follow very very shortly

Upbeat_Promotions_2.doc

Edited by richard
Social source share

Hi Mark

Someone at Solar hit the rewind button yesterday :D

Hey but where are you ever going to hear 12 records by Jimmy Burns eh smile.gif

'I tried' twice in 2 hours - splendid, just coming down from that!!!!!!!!!

A quality hour Mr Bicknell and now looking forward to Mr Maleady with your good self next Sunday.

By the way everyone, The Orwell's Northern Room on Friday 25th August will be a Soul Shack Survival Special........................watch this space for more info.

Looks like all the upcoming nights and the donations will allow the old shack to get a coat of creasote (is that how you spell it?) and thus survive the winter and keep our Sunday nights TV free biggrin.gifwink.gif:D

Cheers

Steve Plumb

Social source share

Hi Mark

Someone at Solar hit the rewind button yesterday :D

Hey but where are you ever going to hear 12 records by Jimmy Burns eh smile.gif

'I tried' twice in 2 hours - splendid, just coming down from that!!!!!!!!!

A quality hour Mr Bicknell and now looking forward to Mr Maleady with your good self next Sunday.

By the way everyone, The Orwell's Northern Room on Friday 25th August will be a Soul Shack Survival Special........................watch this space for more info.

Looks like all the upcoming nights and the donations will allow the old shack to get a coat of creasote (is that how you spell it?) and thus survive the winter and keep our Sunday nights TV free biggrin.gifwink.gif:D

Cheers

Steve Plumb

Yes Steve infact sorry to everyone for last nights little problem, the first hour repeated twice totally out of my control, again Steve the offer of support at The Orwell on August 25th is fantastic.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!