Blake H

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Came across a 7" copy of "Pressure" Drizabone recently without a picture cover, I know this is a long shot but has anyone got a PC (for the above) they might sell/trade?

Talking of sleeves does anyone know if Spar company sleeves exsist? or who (if any) the parent company of Spar was?

Thanks

BH :unsure:

Blake, Kent did a compilation of stuff from Spar and related labels so if you can find a copy, I'm sure the booklet will reveal all. It's definitely related to the budget Hit label, and they had sleeves, so Spar should have to I reckon.

Social source share

Or try this link for some info:

https://bomplist.xnet2.com/0012/msg01781.html

Great Kent CD that one, one of my favourites.

Enjoyed that article.

I've got a few interesting covers on Hit. Everybody knows Jenny & The Jewels and betty Wrigley but there's loads more. I got a version of Green Onions the other day (and have lost it already so can't name the group)

Social source share

The Hit label was a bit like what Embassy was in the UK; adequate cover versions of current hit records, but available at a cheaper price so the average teenager could happily afford them.

Quite a few soul-type covers came out on Hit. There's also:

Val Palmer - Back In My Arms Again

The Dacrons - Don't Hang Up

Alpha Zoe - Keep Your Hands Off My Baby

Clara & The Cleftones - Our Day Will Come

Thomas Henry - So Much In Love

Sammy Fox - The Monkey Time

Gerry & The Georgettes - Quicksand

Thomas Henry - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um

The Roamers - Just Like Romeo and Juliet

Flower Sisters - Chapel Of Love

Mary Sue & The Trams - Dancing In The Street

Leroy Jones - Some Day (cover of Thomas Henry. In fact, given the Hit/Spar relationship, I would swear that the Leroy Jones version is, in fact, the Thomas Henry cut under a different artist name. I played them alongside each other and couldn't tell the difference).

Wonder if Herbert Hunter recorded anything for Hit?

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Social source share