Ms. Jody. Echo Records 2014 Cd

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but this CD has just blown me away considering Its a 14 tracker that is just fantastic IMHO.

I have been in the office all day and this was the 3rd cd played and has been on repeat since around 10am til 5.45pm.

If you like female vocals, southern style, like a mix of say Denise La Salle meets Millie Jackson with all the sultry vocals and sexual innuendo lyrics then if you have not heard this then do yourself a favour and get a copy. Slowies, mid pacers and down right get down soul.

thanks Fish I actually got round to playing a CD that I have purchased off you (he will know what I mean) just a backlog of around 30 now methinks from around a couple of years ago?This is however a 2014 release.

If Mark Randle can play a track off it at Cleethorpes than the world has hope! Lol.

"It's all about ME! I'm taking back my life"...............no that's the title of the CD.

Phew this is gonna take some beating as an original album from anybody this year.

Hope you enjoy.....just had to share this in case you've missed it.

Dave H

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but this CD has just blown me away considering Its a 14 tracker that is just fantastic IMHO.

I have been in the office all day and this was the 3rd cd played and has been on repeat since around 10am til 5.45pm.

If you like female vocals, southern style, like a mix of say Denise La Salle meets Millie Jackson with all the sultry vocals and sexual innuendo lyrics then if you have not heard this then do yourself a favour and get a copy. Slowies, mid pacers and down right get down soul.

thanks Fish I actually got round to playing a CD that I have purchased off you (he will know what I mean) just a backlog of around 30 now methinks from around a couple of years ago?This is however a 2014 release.

If Mark Randle can play a track off it at Cleethorpes than the world has hope! Lol.

"It's all about ME! I'm taking back my life"...............no that's the title of the CD.

Phew this is gonna take some beating as an original album from anybody this year.

Hope you enjoy.....just had to share this in case you've missed it.

Dave H

Ah, you noticed then! ;-)

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Yeah, a lot of very good stuff although I can never get my ears round the electronic sounding instrumentation so associated with southern soul nowadays.

There are a lot of really good southern style artists with great vocals which I feel are let down by the backing which to me just doesn't have the depth of real instruments. For me a lot of what she does would have been really great 40 years ago.

Her other CDs are also very similar in content

:thumbsup:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Its-All-About-Me-Jody/dp/B00G8FCQOO/ref=sr_1_3_digr?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1405151426&sr=1-3

Social source share

Yeah, a lot of very good stuff although I can never get my ears round the electronic sounding instrumentation so associated with southern soul nowadays.

There are a lot of really good southern style artists with great vocals which I feel are let down by the backing which to me just doesn't have the depth of real instruments. For me a lot of what she does would have been really great 40 years ago.

Her other CDs are also very similar in content

:thumbsup:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Its-All-About-Me-Jody/dp/B00G8FCQOO/ref=sr_1_3_digr?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1405151426&sr=1-3

I don't think any of us would disagree re electronic backing, but there are acceptable examples of the genre.

I think I probably buy less of it these days......not for this reason, just for the reason that it doesn't seem to cross my path nowadays like it once did.

Steve Dolan used to push a lot of it on his Steves Soul Sounds site, but it seems to have gone quiet over there.

I still tend to keep up with new releases from the likes of Donnie Ray......

Cheers,

Mark R

Edited by Mark R
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!