Uncovered Cover Ups But Who

Gotta Get Goin by Robert Tenard was a cover up for R Searling but who & what did he cover it up as?

King Sporty - Thinking of You (Jamaican Soul) was covered up but who covered it up first & What as?

Orange Sunshine - Who's Cheating On Who - was covered up but who covered it up first & What as?

Kirsty (PS I Don't have the answers just curious)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Do You Mean You Copped My Soul On Select Steve?

Kirsty

No Kirsty, there is another version doing the rounds, from Ohio, if no one else can pin a tail on it, I'll dig it out tonight as it is at home. Same title and sounds almost the same, it might even be the same recording, I wonder if the Prodigal or Motown boys decided that the group name needed to be more rememorable and so picked Orange Sunshine. I'll have a gander when I get in.

Social source share

I think Chalkie once did a massive list of records which have been covered and then uncovered. Not sure it was on here or Dave Flynn's forum ?

Chalkie, Chalkie, Chalkie..........where are you ? :shhh:

I think Flynny has updated his site with most of those I had that he didn't have.

As for the Barons, I dunno, I will try and find out.

Social source share

No Kirsty, there is another version doing the rounds, from Ohio, if no one else can pin a tail on it, I'll dig it out tonight as it is at home. Same title and sounds almost the same, it might even be the same recording, I wonder if the Prodigal or Motown boys decided that the group name needed to be more rememorable and so picked Orange Sunshine. I'll have a gander when I get in.

Steve Did You Ever Look It Up?

Kirsty

Social source share

Richard Searling had some great cover-up names,

Mel Britt and the Mighty Ric-Tic's,

Rose Valentine and the Sisters Three,

Al Johnson and the Hitmen,

to name just a few!!

Sorry to digress from the original question!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Richard Searling had some great cover-up names,Mel Britt and the Mighty Ric-Tic's,Rose Valentine and the Sisters Three,Al Johnson and the Hitmen,to name just a few!!Sorry to digress from the original question!

His best ones were without doubt the cartoons of the day. Topcat , phantom janitor and the misleading James Mack and the Chicago Gangsters. Great days, fantastic music.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Does Dave Frequent Soul Source Chalky?

Kirsty

Kirsty, Dave Molloy was and is privy to any Searling cover ups, whether he decides to confide in you is down to him, always comes up trumps for me. That said he was our best man at our Wedding. By the way two Dave's have been quoted Mr Flynn and  Molloy, if Molly is who you contact he his often on face book.

Social source share

Barrons was c/u as Cane Black!

Nice catch Tone...I now recall having a tape of it under said guise...cassettes eh...did anyone ever keep them tidy, in order or with track line ups!?!

:)

Social source share

Guest Mrs M

Chalky is spot on Dave was privvy to all Searling's cover ups. They travelled many years together and are the best of friends. Just PM me anytime and I will consult with my Guru x

Social source share

I Asked Julie Chalky But Tony's Answered The Barrons Question  Now Thanks Anyway

Kirsty

Asked the Wrong Julie I Asked Mrs Moore :wub:

Didn't Know Mrs M was Daves Wife?

Kirsty

No worries.  I thought you hadn't asked me but then thought had I not replied to something..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!