Soul Source Hall Of Fame

(This was started in Members Only, but I think it can get more exposure here.  I did not know how to move it with the replies. :()

Why can't Soul Source have a Hall of Fame?  So many artists that you all love and their families would cherish such an honor.  This could be done with recognition of a decorative record in a frame and sent to the artist and/or family for whatever recording you recognize.

You all know how this goes, yearly, by category, etc.  If you find this feasible, I would love to sit on the Board.  I have seen the reaction of folks who get recognized for their efforts in this business.  They might have at one time wanted the fame and fortune, but now they are so gracious for the acknowledgement and the love. :yes:

Lorraine

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Would you just restrict it to artists ?.

Take the example of Fame studios, who's output was considerable.

However individual artist wise they didn't really make too much impression, although

they released some excellent material.

Social source share

Artists, musicians, producers, arrangers, song writers, label owners… They're all worthy of recognition and all worthy of a category in any 'soul music' hall of fame.

As I said in the earlier post, I think it's a great idea.  Not only would it bestow a sort of 'official' accolade/recognition upon recipients, but it would also give tremendous kudos to Soul Source above and beyond the limited boundaries of its members.

Top idea, Lorraine! :thumbup:  

Social source share

Kegsy, I know what you mean about artists/studios/producers etc - there's definite nominations for each of those.

Ady and the stuff he releases on Kent etc is a virtual Soul hall of fame, and at least any artists due royalties from those releases get them, and I believe they get copies of the CDs too?  Theres been so much too... the Pied Piper stuff from a while back is a proper highlight.

It is a good idea, and to be fair, for a lot of the artists, the Northern/Rare/call it what you will Soul crowd are the only place that recognition ever comes from. As Soul-Source is the foremost Rare/Modern/etc Soul Scene Forum Fraternity in the UK (or the World?!!) I think it would be quite fitting.

Lorraine, have you spoken to MIKE? Ultimately it would be him that had the final yes or no, or what would be acceptable and rules to be followed.

Paul

Social source share

Kegsy, I know what you mean about artists/studios/producers etc - there's definite nominations for each of those.

Ady and the stuff he releases on Kent etc is a virtual Soul hall of fame, and at least any artists due royalties from those releases get them, and I believe they get copies of the CDs too?  Theres been so much too... the Pied Piper stuff from a while back is a proper highlight.

It is a good idea, and to be fair, for a lot of the artists, the Northern/Rare/call it what you will Soul crowd are the only place that recognition ever comes from. As Soul-Source is the foremost Rare/Modern/etc Soul Scene Forum Fraternity in the UK (or the World?!!) I think it would be quite fitting.

Lorraine, have you spoken to MIKE? Ultimately it would be him that had the final yes or no, or what would be acceptable and rules to be followed.

Paul

Plus if links to articles etc. were allowed it could become a very informative resource

all in one place, perhaps the best on the net.

Social source share

(This was started in Members Only, but I think it can get more exposure here.  I did not know how to move it with the replies. :()

Why can't Soul Source have a Hall of Fame?  So many artists that you all love and their families would cherish such an honor.  This could be done with recognition of a decorative record in a frame and sent to the artist and/or family for whatever recording you recognize.

You all know how this goes, yearly, by category, etc.  If you find this feasible, I would love to sit on the Board.  I have seen the reaction of folks who get recognized for their efforts in this business.  They might have at one time wanted the fame and fortune, but now they are so gracious for the acknowledgement and the love. :yes:

Lorraine

Its a great suggestion Lorraine and by all means am (as owner etc) happy for the features/resources of the site to be used, though as can be quite complicated getting something like this off the ground...

Maybe it be worthwhile for someone to step up and act as a focal point so that anyone interested in being involved can get in touch and set up a loose committee or similar to start off?

Social source share

I would agree to all of the above.  I put this in Members Only first because I thought I would be only talking to Administration, not to Members!  I was in the wrong place again and I do not know what the heck I was thinking!  But I have it straight now. 

With the soul knowledge of SS, the task in the beginning would be daunting but wonderful.  You all would be the HUB (central) with a volunteer board.  I would think the board would consists of a number of artists, djs, reporters/writers (of the era) and a few members at large. 

I would ask that the SS administration give us some boundaries because there would be some costs incurred.  I would also request that they make the initial recommendations of the Board to begin with.  All opinions of what the first SS Hall of Fame should consists of (categories) are welcomed.  What year would awards start with?  This is so open, we would have to start small and build.  We will even have hic-cups along the way, but we will all be forgiving and forge on.  I am getting excited again! :rofl: :rofl:

Lorraine

Social source share

Its a great suggestion Lorraine and by all means am (as owner etc) happy for the features/resources of the site to be used, though as can be quite complicated getting something like this off the ground...

Maybe it be worthwhile for someone to step up and act as a focal point so that anyone interested in being involved can get in touch and set up a loose committee or similar to start off?

Mike, I am ready!  Who would like to join me?  Again, you all would be the HUB and we need a central person there to lead as Mike stated above.  Mike, would you be interested to take the lead for a while if necessary?  We (I) just want to get started!  You all know how I feel about the RIP pages, necessary, but a downer (no pun intended).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!