Coops Galleries

grant

Been mentioned on here before but just want to thank Coops for his fantastic photo sets that he posts from venues around the country. Great shots and good fun! The latest show a 'shameless' wanker.gif with his pint pot on the dancefloor, not only is it anti-social but f*****n dangerous.

Keep the pics coming Coops

Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sorry but i cant belevie the way some people are treated on this sceen for daring to break our 'rules'

Surley its better to treat these people with a bit of respect and have a quiet word in their ear and a bit of a joke at the same time, im sure they would be more than obliging, rather than have people scorn at them form accross the floor, and made to feel like a social outcast?

Social source share

Sorry but i cant belevie the way some people are treated on this sceen for daring to break our 'rules'

Surley its better to treat these people with a bit of respect and have a quiet word in their ear and a bit of a joke at the same time, im sure they would be more than obliging, rather than have people scorn at them form accross the floor, and made to feel like a social outcast?

It's not just about our scene trhough is it Baz...drinks on a dancefloor, c'mon it's asking for trouble....f****n 'ell it's not you on the pics is it??

And yes did try asking someone nicely when they were bouncing about piossed with a bottle in his hand and banging against the record decs, only to be greeted with a smart arse comment...my next tact wasnt so polite!

Social source share

It's not just about our scene trhough is it Baz...drinks on a dancefloor, c'mon it's asking for trouble....f****n 'ell it's not you on the pics is it??

And yes did try asking someone nicely when they were bouncing about piossed with a bottle in his hand and banging against the record decs, only to be greeted with a smart arse comment...my next tact wasnt so polite!

Yep i do agree its a dangerous thing to have drinks on the floor, its just the way some people go about handling the situation, i've seen it time after time thats all.

Social source share

I prefer to have a loud word but I do know what you mean

Been working on a poster, (like the ones that they have in swimming pools) for dance floor behaviour.

Please feel free to add any suggestions

No eating or drinking

No canoodeling

No naked flames

No naked torso s

Beginners should be accompanied by a competant person at all times

Bombing and diving is a good idea but only in the car park. :thumbsup:

xxx

Social source share

Yep i do agree its a dangerous thing to have drinks on the floor, its just the way some people go about handling the situation, i've seen it time after time thats all.

think there's been discussions of sorts about this on previous posts Baz, also about the piss-takers who frequent our soul nites, which is fine if they don't mind someone twatting them in the process if they take it a bit too far.

(non-soulie locals - btw not stereotyping them in any way as many non-soulies I have taken to soul nites have come away saying it was the best nite they had in years)

Social source share

sorry baz, he was a social outcast at that event, he wasn't the only one, his outcast status was not put on him by others but by his own foolish (and un-safe) actions, he actually had a choice of being a twat or not! nobody forced him.

and grant, thanks for those kind comments, i see a lot of humour in the pics i take (not disrespectful) and thought i was the only one who did.

Social source share

Baz.. come on mate! It's a pint of lager on a dance floor - not even a bottle that is less likely to spill :thumbsup:

Coops... it must take you ages to do all your photos but I must say, I admire your staying power - I get bored after photochopping one :D

Social source share

Baz.. come on mate! It's a pint of lager on a dance floor - not even a bottle that is less likely to spill :D

Yes maybe, but whats more dangerous? a pint on the dance floor, or a highly talced floor? i'll tell you now its the highly talced floor :thumbsup: see whats normal for us is ok, and too many people, shock, horror! :lol: a pint/bottle on the dance floor is completely normal behaviour as is dancing about acting a fool, god how many nighters have you been to and seen people acting up.......nearly every one, thats all part of the fun aint it? i was mearly pointing out that some people are outcast straight away, all it takes is a quiet word.

P.S im not condoning drinks on a dance floor or suggesting we all start doing it, but hypocrits spring to mind when we start scoring people on a dance floor with a drink, when there is most of the time just as much danger just under your feet!!

Social source share

Yes maybe, but whats more dangerous? a pint on the dance floor, or a highly talced floor? i'll tell you now its the highly talced floor

Drink on a dancefloor is more dangerous. I've slipped many a time and quite spectacularly on spilled drinks - never on talc.

If he's had dropped the pint glass then there would have been drink and glass.

Social source share

Coops... it must take you ages to do all your photos but I must say, I admire your staying power - I get bored after photochopping one :lol:

i'm affraid it's a compulsive disorder, i have to create, if i'm not dancin' acting, directing, writing, painting or lead sculpting i feel like i should be. freud could probably tell you why, but then again, as he's a stiff, maybe not!! ph34r.gif

Social source share

How ironic is that statement.. about Freud being a stiff hahahahahaaa :yes:

maybe if he got a bit stiff more often he wouldn't have been so obsessed by it! i guess that's a bit of 'physician heal thyself' aimed right at the good doctors own psychosis !!! ph34r.gif

Social source share

Yes maybe, but whats more dangerous? a pint on the dance floor, or a highly talced floor? i'll tell you now its the highly talced floor ph34r.gif see whats normal for us is ok, and too many people, shock, horror! :yes: a pint/bottle on the dance floor is completely normal behaviour as is dancing about acting a fool, god how many nighters have you been to and seen people acting up.......nearly every one, thats all part of the fun aint it? i was mearly pointing out that some people are outcast straight away, all it takes is a quiet word.

P.S im not condoning drinks on a dance floor or suggesting we all start doing it, but hypocrits spring to mind when we start scoring people on a dance floor with a drink, when there is most of the time just as much danger just under your feet!!

Talc......yes for top spinners like me :D it is necessary, however in regulated doses! Makes me laugh when people throw the full bottle on the floor and then you can't tell the difference bewteen if they are dancing or merely have a nervous twitch :D

The cleaners I feel sorry for!

But come on Baz ---- dancefloor and drinks....No Way :angry:

Social source share

Talc......yes for top spinners like me :yes: it is necessary, however in regulated doses! Makes me laugh when people throw the full bottle on the floor and then you can't tell the difference bewteen if they are dancing or merely have a nervous twitch ph34r.gif

The cleaners I feel sorry for!

Plus, too much talc ruins my photography with all those white spots in my lens :D

Social source share

Oh yeah :yes:

med_gallery_727_578_263020.jpg

I would have popped that pint on his balding head :D

See how everyone has given him a wide birth!

Actually, I think you have all missed the most serious transgression here ...

..... the appalling fashion sense. ph34r.gif I've never seen such a boring set of shirts, where do these people shop?!

Cheers

Jim Dandy

P.S. I think the bloke at the front is just about to wipe up some surplus talc/beer so everyone will be safe.

Social source share

Actually, I think you have all missed the most serious transgression here ...

..... the appalling fashion sense. ph34r.gif I've never seen such a boring set of shirts, where do these people shop?!

Cheers

Jim Dandy

P.S. I think the bloke at the front is just about to wipe up some surplus talc/beer so everyone will be safe.

Could be worse mate, could be the 'time warp brigade' in the baggy pants and bowling shirts...not foregtting the beer towels... (you know who you are :yes: ) that do the rounds around the soul nites

Social source share

Could be worse mate, could be the 'time warp brigade' in the baggy pants and bowling shirts...not foregtting the beer towels... (you know who you are :yes: ) that do the rounds around the soul nites

Don't start laugh.gif At least the bowling shirts aren't as "boring" as the off the peg shirts shown :D

Social source share

Drinks on the dancefloor?

Talc?

Surely these baneful transgressions can be curbed with the judicious use of membership cards? Discuss.

:yes:

A little bit of Talc, when its required for persoanl use when you've found your spot on the floor is a good thing (especially for ageing bones wink.gif ), drinks on any dance floor is not a good idea, not necessarily due to the contents but broken glass if bottles/glasses get dropped.

Social source share

I'm sure a read that in Viz "Tops Tips" once. :yes:

A little bit of Talc, when its required for persoanl use when you've found your spot on the floor is a good thing (especially for ageing bones wink.gif ), drinks on any dance floor is not a good idea, not necessarily due to the contents but broken glass if bottles/glasses get dropped.
Social source share

Would like to see more of Coops work,is there stuff in gallery here or some other place..

Steve

If you click on teh Coops picture on the frontpage it will give you a list then of other galleries posted - just click on the ones you want then for all the pics

Grant

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!