Why Cant We Live Together ?

Guest Garry Huxley

Guest Garry Huxley

Watching the news over the the last couple of days, I  think of the classic club soul tune by Timmy Thomas = WHY CANT WE LIVE TOGETHER.

Which i play weekly.

Murder of inocent people all lover the world in the name of politics and comerce and fat cats gettin rich by selling us out to protect their intrestests.

SOUL MUSIC HAS A MESSAGE TO THE WORLD

use your vote to make a difference

If This is in wrong place sorry but i'm pretty pissed of about murder in the name of politics, Mass murder.

Sgt RAMC Rtd,

GARRY HUXLEY

Social source share

Good Words Gary and yes there are many Great soul records that send out Moral messages to prick at the conscience of the world.

Three more records from our scene with great social commentry lyrics are these belters,If only someone was listening.

Randolph Brown--It Aint Like It Used To Be

Troy Keys --If I Had My Way

Judy Freeman--Hold On

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm in agreement but I'm afraid Politics and Religion are the main cause of War's and the Middle East etc has shown that for generations, it's ok to sing about morality and empathy and everything else but only we can put it into practice and I'm afraid at some point we all pick sides, nice thought and sentiment though. :hatsoff2: 

Spot.  :shades: 

Edited by spot
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

As Curtis Mayfield r.i.p bless him,  says "We got to have peace".  and the people in the neighbourhood , they would if they only could meet and shake the others hand ...etc We got to have peace. So many great songs with that message  from Curtis !!!! standing up against war,oppression ,injustice timeless soul messages for us all .Love all Mayfields work but Roots is well up there, when first hearing this album back in the seventies was instantly  struck by and still am by the track"Underground", that track was also one of my mate Wilkies favourite s, at that time we were both well into,Roots,Back to the World,Superfly and so on for listening to midweek between nighters, they would get loads of plays at mine.I certainly believe that through the medium of soul music there is indeed a message to the world,a message that can and does inspire.Of course its only we that put into practice the time , morality and empathy that such songs are meant(And for many do) to inspire and people do  act in different ways  choose different sides but even if at the very smallest influence a person comes to think about things a bit more deeply than they did before  this in itself is good(though of course going further and  putting those  things into practice would be better.)

Of course Spot is right about politics and religion causing so much War and hatred between men and its been like that for time as!!I dont have any faith in politicians here or anywhere else, even less faith in so called men of peace and religions army of talking head front men who do not practice the peace they preach towards men.Like many others I 'm sure,when the talking heads start to open their mouths I am on the look out for the lies,whats the catch, whats the angle this time !Thank the heavens for the true voices of love and togetherness when I do hear them as they are instantly recognisable as coming from the heart,soul spirit in contrast to the stale message of the worlds "placemen".Especially thanks when I hear that voice of truth in the form of a soul song with to me its spirit and inspiration.

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

I thought this track came out on a K Tel album, Super Bad or Black Explosion but just checked and its not there. I cam remember it on a TV advert years ago and have always loved it. A massive intro to match cloud nine.

This video gets the message across but isn't pleasant viewing  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

I thought this track came out on a K Tel album, Super Bad or Black Explosion but just checked and its not there. I cam remember it on a TV advert years ago and have always loved it. A massive intro to match cloud nine.

Video gets the message across though Mick,that 's the sort of stuff he's  singing  about,good choon its one of those that sort of stood out,(well for me anyway) when it came out.Very striking powerful images used in the clip,the children in shrouds the person in white kneeling in front of the rows of riot police with shields! horrific reality of  so many peoples lives today and will be again tomorrow!

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

Yes you are right, It was on a early k tel album as it was the first LP i owned but cant remember the title must be the ageing

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

Good Words Gary and yes there are many Great soul records that send out Moral messages to prick at the conscience of the world.

Three more records from our scene with great social commentry lyrics are these belters,If only someone was listening.

Randolph Brown--It Aint Like It Used To Be

Troy Keys --If I Had My Way

Judy Freeman--Hold On

Pace-setters my ship is coming in tommorow  MICA

The Dells Does anybody know i'm here  Chess

(my eyes have seen injustice)

Edited by Garry Huxley
Social source share

Yes you are right, It was on a early k tel album as it was the first LP i owned but cant remember the title must be the ageing

Was it Superbad ? that was a k-tel album, can't remember what tracks were on it now.  :(

but I think Timmy thomas was.   :g:

Social source share

Mother, mother
There's too many of you crying
Brother, brother, brother
There's far too many of you dying
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today - Ya

Father, father
We don't need to escalate
You see, war is not the answer
For only love can conquer hate
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today

Picket lines and picket signs
Don't punish me with brutality
Talk to me, so you can see
Oh, what's going on
What's going on
Ya, what's going on
Ah, what's going on

In the mean time
Right on, baby
Right on
Right on

Father, father, everybody thinks we're wrong
Oh, but who are they to judge us
Simply because our hair is long
Oh, you know we've got to find a way
To bring some understanding here today
Oh

Picket lines and picket signs
Don't punish me with brutality
Talk to me
So you can see
What's going on
Ya, what's going on
Tell me what's going on
I'll tell you what's going on - Uh
Right on baby
Right on baby

• Helpful 2
Social source share

link to another topic about superbad

hope I've done this right   :huh:

soulforum/topic/89056-super-bad-lp/?hl=%2Bsuperbad#entry966764

Okeh, How do you do these links ?  If I highlight it and right click, it gives me the option to go to this topic,

but how do you do it automatically ?   :g:  

Social source share

The one thing all wars have had in common throughout history is that they have all been fought by ordinary people not the idiots who start them. when are people going to stop listening to them and just get on with there lives, times running out for all of us what ever we do with our lives. I have every respect for our armed forces I must add, as my late grandfather said I wasted five of the best years of my life fighting Hitlers war and he was one of the lucky ones who came home and lived a long and full life, another quote he made was that any one who has lived through a war would never start one.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Kenny Smith "Lord What's Happening To Your People"

Ian D 

What a great sound from back then full of soulful truth.

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

Just watching news tonight, hospital's getting bombed, Children murderd in the name of war, stop this now as there is no justification for the killing of children.

The killing of anybody in the name of religion is wrong and must stop.

Whatever you belive respect others and live and let live.

Garry

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!