New Lp Storage Furniture

Guest swgoods

Guest swgoods

Hi Everyone-

New to this forum, but I wanted to share with you something I've been working on.

I've designed & am making a sturdy, stackable, open/closeable, easily movable storage system for LPs. My goal is to make a product that blows IKEA's offering out of the water, without breaking the bank. I'm hand making these in Cincinnati, Ohio.

You can checkout the product here: www.simplewoodgoods.com/product/lp-record-storage-cube

I'm running a discount for early testers, so if you're interested you can use the coupon code LP-STORAGE-TESTER for 15% off. (There's an additional 15% off if you buy more than four)

Anyways, I'm trying to solve a problem that I think a lof of collectors have, and I'd love to hear what you all think about the product!

-Matt

record-storage-cube.gif

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest swgoods

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to beat Ikea on price, but I think my design offers things that theirs doesn't. Shipping to UK will be a bear, I'm working with UPS now to see how low I can get that rate.

Thanks again for taking a look!

-Matt

Social source share

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to beat Ikea on price, but I think my design offers things that theirs doesn't. Shipping to UK will be a bear, I'm working with UPS now to see how low I can get that rate.

Thanks again for taking a look!

-Matt

I sometimes have to send heavy packages from the UK to the U.S and the cost charged by the main providers (Royal Mail, UPS etc) is quite frankly bordering on extortionate. After a bit of research I found a company that shipped for a third of the cost and with no reduction in quality of service.  You may have similar companies in the States, it's worth checking out before going with the 'main players'.

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Argos used to do these...Dunno if they still do.

What I would really like to see is a replica of the old wooden Schweppes crates. Perfect for 7s but impossible to get hold of these days...

Social source share

There are plenty of cubes on the net but none of this quality. Even so price pits them out of my pocket, probably the postage too

As for beer crates I don't think our lass would be impressed with some of those in the living room......in the cupboard either come to think of it :D

I currently use the LP storage crate from Really Useful Boxes.

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest swgoods

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

TailorMade- I've just shipped an order in red, yellow, translucent orange & white - colors looked great together. I hope to have some new photos taken next week with the new color combinations to give a better sense of how these could look in your home.

Will keep working on getting int'l shipping down! Thanks for the suggestion Maark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!