Shaun At The 100 Club

• Replies 26
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Whats become of Skinhead Shaun from the 100 club..I always used to see him by the side of the stage,always a handshake and a smile for me and my mates...Had some good times there in the 90s with him...Not seen or heard of him for quite a few years now..

He seems to have dissapeared since Randy Died, & not been seen Out & About

Jon Buckpost-2461-1154023245.jpg

Social source share

Whats become of Skinhead Shaun from the 100 club..I always used to see him by the side of the stage,always a handshake and a smile for me and my mates...Had some good times there in the 90s with him...Not seen or heard of him for quite a few years now..

I remember him there during that time period.

Was him on front of Too Darn Soulful wunnit ..

Book%20Dave%20Nowell.jpg

Should be a pic of Shaun in the dictionary under 'Northern Soul' .. shhh.gif

Social source share

I remember him there during that time period.

Was him on front of Too Darn Soulful wunnit ..

Book%20Dave%20Nowell.jpg

Should be a pic of Shaun in the dictionary under 'Northern Soul' .. shhh.gif

Yeah thats shaun................. my mate took that picture a guy called Jonas Unger, he did a lot of pic`s for Manifesto mag as well. Shaun would`t take a penny for it either.......... i told Jonas......" might be best to ask him first" :lol: ........ great guy. Jonas has some great pics from 96 to 2002 ish.

Social source share

Great bloke Sean, often saw him out and about but always, always at the 100 Club going for it on the dance floor and many's the times I've joined him too! It would be good to know he's doing OK

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Saw him maybe 4 years ago in a local supermarket - north London, Enfield/Southgate - where he used to live. Sadly, I've not seen him around the area for some time. A great bloke that's for sure.

Social source share

:yes: ,whats this everybody loves Sean post bollox`s,i put i`m up it cost me big time,and not just me,if he come`s bakc great,he can be funny as fukc,but top bloke shite,i take it you all have not lived with him,i have.........................and i wasnt impressed ph34r.gif
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Stayed with me for a while too - but I didn't have the bad experiences Ken had - just someone cleaning my house from top to bottom while I slept.

He didn't stop there either - he cleaned the entire street!

I once woke up after a big session to see him clinging onto my window ledge (first floor) wearing nowt but a pair of undercrackers! Long brilliant story, lots and lots of them.

Anyway...

He's alive

He's got a beard

Social source share

Shaun was a good friend of mine, went to dos with him in the 80s and knew him since the Sh*theads Scooter Club, meeting at Trent Park Golf Club on Friday nites.

I havent seen him for a while but heard he was ok.

Social source share

Great story mr BB :D:Dlaugh.gif:yes: ..A real character for sure...I only had the company of Sean for a few hours at soul nights and did not have to live with him Ken..I really hope i can get some contact details for him and have a beer and a chat about old times....Love his tales of running with the Gooners IN THE 70S......

HE MADE ME WELCOME AND MADE ME LAUGH,I CAN'T ASK FOR MORE THAN THAT..

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SteveC

Remember him warming to us, and anyone else, that was in "The Andrew" (RN) as either his grandfather or great grandfather served in the said service. He then used to incorporated some polished military square-bashing moves into his dance steps to give you a laugh - didn't have the heart (or the guts) to tell him that Navy boys were shit at marching!!!

Always got on and had a laugh wiv im.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Bumped into him one Sunday evening in Dalston just before I left London. We went and had a coffee in a cafe and he told me his reasons for leaving the scene for a while. All perfectly valid, and all personal. No mystery, just he has his reasons.

I am sure he will be back sooner rather than later and it will be like he never went away.

Its funny someone mentioned his friendship with Randy. I never got to know Randy, but those who did, tell me he was a very good judge of character, and didnt suffer fools. Could have been talking about Shaun there too.

Top man

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Remember him warming to us, and anyone else, that was in "The Andrew" (RN) as either his grandfather or great grandfather served in the said service. He then used to incorporated some polished military square-bashing moves into his dance steps to give you a laugh - didn't have the heart (or the guts) to tell him that Navy boys were shit at marching!!!

Always got on and had a laugh wiv im.

Ditto, often spent a few moments talking about the RN with Sean, he had a genuine repect for the Navy guys that went to Niters. Hope he's well.

Russ

Social source share

• 3 months later...

Shaun was a nice fella.. Mad as a bag of spanners though but a top lad. I've got some oics some where of him & the Enfield Shitheads. I went about with em for a while. all of em were off thier heads. Last time i saw Shaun was at Bretby God knows how many years ago. 7/8 maybe. I'd not seen him for years & i walked in the Northern room & there he was pounding the floor looking menacing as he did. Next thing he recognised me lifted me clean off th efloor in a bear hug & proceeded to run around crushing me.. Must have looked well to the punters. :lol:

Social source share

Yeah thats shaun................. my mate took that picture a guy called Jonas Unger, he did a lot of pic`s for Manifesto mag as well. Shaun would`t take a penny for it either.......... i told Jonas......" might be best to ask him first" :lol: ........ great guy. Jonas has some great pics from 96 to 2002 ish.

I was working for a picture Agency in 2001, and I used to rep Jonas Unger, I did a deal with Virgin Megastore to supply images to adorn their Inner London stores, especially the Tottenham Court road, anyhow the Ad agency who was doing the job selected a great shot of Sean... unknown to them it was not model released, but i knew who sean was so went ahead with the deal, making a large fund available to get the clearances...

I met Sean down the 100 club explained the situation and said I'd got £**** for him if he would sign, so he drops by the office first thing monday morning signs and sits back and waits for the cash......

Well as some of you may know, work such as this takes a while to invoice, be paid then to raise a cheque, and about a month later in he walks to recieve a very healthy pay cheque..

Good for him..easy money whan you can get it...

I like Sean allot but one thng has bugged me over the years, Buggar never bought me a drink ! Laughs

Mal.C. :yes:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Shaun was a good friend of mine, went to dos with him in the 80s and knew him since the Sh*theads Scooter Club, meeting at Trent Park Golf Club on Friday nites.

I havent seen him for a while but heard he was ok.

Known Shaun since the Shitheads and West Hampstead....which was all a very long time ago. He used to come down to These Old Shoes occasionally but that's the last time that I saw him. Like Mikey says, Shaun has the odd 'break' or two - he's probably 'resting' at the moment :yes: Good luck to him wherever he is.... :lol: Ken, try living with me for any period of time - you'd think Shaun was the perfect house guest :lol: Jo

Social source share

I was working for a picture Agency in 2001, and I used to rep Jonas Unger, I did a deal with Virgin Megastore to supply images to adorn their Inner London stores, especially the Tottenham Court road, anyhow the Ad agency who was doing the job selected a great shot of Sean... unknown to them it was not model released, but i knew who sean was so went ahead with the deal, making a large fund available to get the clearances...

I met Sean down the 100 club explained the situation and said I'd got £**** for him if he would sign, so he drops by the office first thing monday morning signs and sits back and waits for the cash......

Well as some of you may know, work such as this takes a while to invoice, be paid then to raise a cheque, and about a month later in he walks to recieve a very healthy pay cheque..

Good for him..easy money whan you can get it...

I like Sean allot but one thng has bugged me over the years, Buggar never bought me a drink ! Laughs

Mal.C. biggrin.gif

Jonas offered shaun money out of his own pocket at the time he took the picture i was stood next to him at the time, the reason was he said that he had a really "special one".

I speak to Jonas every week & he is living & working as a picture editor in Stockholm

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Jonas offered shaun money out of his own pocket at the time he took the picture i was stood next to him at the time, the reason was he said that he had a really "special one".

I speak to Jonas every week & he is living & working as a picture editor in Stockholm

Shaun was in my opion a top geezer, we always got on pukka. I'd love to see him again.

I really hope life is treating him with the kindness he deserves.

Dolly :lol:

Social source share

Last time I saw Shaun down the 100 was March 2001. Nice bloke, the Dorian Gray of the Northern scene; looked the same age as he did at the Fleet in the early eighties.

Aside, what happened to the 'Enfield shitheads'?

I would like to know that too, as I used to go and see them on Fri nites at Golf Club.

Social source share

Bumped into him one Sunday evening in Dalston just before I left London. We went and had a coffee in a cafe and he told me his reasons for leaving the scene for a while. All perfectly valid, and all personal. No mystery, just he has his reasons.

I am sure he will be back sooner rather than later and it will be like he never went away.

Its funny someone mentioned his friendship with Randy. I never got to know Randy, but those who did, tell me he was a very good judge of character, and didnt suffer fools. Could have been talking about Shaun there too.

Top man

Sorry took so long to reply to this Mikey, yes they were both good judge of characters, they both thought a lot of one another in their own way.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!