Sam Williams "love Slipped"

Seem to recall having a white demo look alike of this great masterpiece? Have I dreamt it? It is one I want to buy if anyone knows of a copy...not shelling out £1500 plus for it on a real one though!

Anyone recall this or have it?

Mark T

post-19710-0-24464400-1406033953_thumb.p

post-19710-0-31306700-1406033864_thumb.p

Edited by tlscapital
Social source share

There's no white demo lookalike - you might be thinking of Jay D Martin maybe, that's on a Tower WD boot

Pete, I think you are right.....either that or my failing memory means I had a real one in the 70's and let some girlfriend borrow it never to see it back again LOL

Thanks

Social source share

Pete, I think you are right.....either that or my failing memory means I had a real one in the 70's and let some girlfriend borrow it never to see it back again LOL

Thanks

Is it time to reacquaint yourself with the old girlfriend in the hope she can return the record. Might cost you a nosh up at Pizza express but think the reward of a proper record is worth it. If your current partner doesn't like the idea you will need to explain it's business, if you are single you might reignite the fire.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I think that I have mentioned this before but Steve Vickers from Burnage in Manchester had a Sam Williams demo for many years and used to put it on his sales list from time to time for £3:00. He could never sell it in the mid '70's.....it just wasn't quite the right sound for that time????

Social source share

I think that I have mentioned this before but Steve Vickers from Burnage in Manchester had a Sam Williams demo for many years and used to put it on his sales list from time to time for £3:00. He could never sell it in the mid '70's.....it just wasn't quite the right sound for that time????

I couldn't stand it back then - me and Paul (Mr C) detested it because it sounded so out of tune.  Naturally, it went on to become one of my favourite records of all time.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I don,t how true this story is, but i was told this by Rob Thomas (that,s not a good start).  Apparently he met up with Sam Williams and was talking about the record when Sam explained the story behind it. When Sam was in Vietnam he received a letter from his girlfriend saying that she had found somebody else and no longer loved him, and that was when the letter slipped through his fingers. As i say do not know how true that is-but what a story. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!