Interpretations - Coming Out Of Hiding - Love

Guest Baz

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

if this is going for a fortune on ebay i'd have sold the one i bought about 5 years ago by now

At least you admit to owning it Davie :lol: what in the world possest you ph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

At least you admit to owning it Davie :lol: what in the world possest you ph34r.gif

i bought it blind to be honest , was a £1 or summin , the other side i nice though in a modern soul sorta way

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

ITS SHIT ! AND IT DOES NOT GO FOR MONEY ON E BAY,INFACT ONLY A WHILE AGO YOU COULD NOT GIVE THEM AWAY.

BAZ A.

maybe yer'd better tell pat brady that lolol he says it does

Social source share

=====

i wonder if thats the same as the new censations on PRIDE

im sure that was an old levine mecca play

may be wrong

baz

coming out of hiding was a big Rocket spin for levine..

First play at the rocket by the levine himself as he said on the ANS wesite there will be half a dozen new spins never been played before and that was one of them.

Billy

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

More than happy to do that,just my honest opinion,and i know Pat would respect that as I go way way back with him.

cheers

Baz A.

ps any view on any record is always subjective [ones mans poisen etc].

to be honest i don't mind the "modern " side , the psuedo northern one is shite though

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

IM DJING AT THE SPDERS WEB IN OCTOBER WHY DONT YOU BUY ME A PINT AND PUT YOUR CASE FORWARD!

REGARDS BAZ A.

what case? , will be happy to :lol: .... not sure an r'n'b man will have a convincing case about a modern record though ph34r.gif

Social source share

Wasn't Keb Darge playing the 'modern' side? Nice saxophone by Snake Davis (I think) and Steve Brookstein on vocals...I think.

As with all Ian's productions, it sounds best in a big room an 'Coming Out Of Hiding' sounded fucking great at The Rocket. But if you weren't there, you wouldn't know that of course.

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

the psuedo northern one is shite though

No it's not. I'm not saying anything about it being northern or not/soul or not, but it's a great tune. Would've sounded even better with different production. It's pretty much perfect eurovision song contest fodder and would probably have won if it had entered. Great verses, catchy chorus, nice breaks, decent lead vocal (Steve Brokenstein?) and an obligatory key change towards the end (or am I just imagining that?). It's brilliant, and IF written by Levine, definitely one of his finest moments since "24 Hours A Day" by Barbara Pennington.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!