New Northern List - Some Beauties For Monday

Pete S

PLEASE READ THE INTRO, THANK YOU

PETE SMITH

01902 326306

pete.smith@freeuk.com

HI, SOME NICE STUFF TODAY, CAN I JUST MENTION AGAIN, IF YOU RECEIVE THIS LIST VIA YAHOO GROUPS, PLEASE DON’T JUST CLICK REPLY AS THOSE EMAIL RARE REACH ME, YOU HAVE TO SEND ANY MESSAGES TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE, OR PHONE OF COURSE.

I SEND THIS LIST OUT TO MY MAILING LIST FIRST, THEN TO SOUL SOURCE & FACEBOOK.  SORRY FACEBOOK PEOPLE BUT I HAVE TO REMOVE MY EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBERS FROM THOSE POSTS AS THEY WILL GET SPAMMED.

* I STILL COLLECT SKA & REGGAE, IF YOU HAVE ANY TRADES OR SALES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW *

ANYWAY, HERE GOES…

JACKIE LEE — DARKEST DAYS — ABC                                                                                      EX            150

First issue — plays absolutely mint — light wear on raised part of label

JAMES BOOKER — SMACKSIE — PEACOCK                                                                           EX            25

Organ instrumental

JAMES BROWN — HEY AMERICA — KING DEMO                                                                M-             25 SOLD

The instrumental side is a monster!  White demo in picture sleeve.  (Sleeve VG)

JAMES CARR — A LOSING GAME — GOLDWAX                                                                     M-             25 SOLD

Big sound at the moment — floorfiller — drill hole in label

JAMIE COE & THE GIGOLOS — THE DEALER — ENTERPRISE                                     EX            20

Early 60’s sax instrumental — came out later on Reprise

JOE HICKS — DON’T IT MAKE YOU FEEL FUNKY — AGC                                                 EX+         150 SOLD

Massive all over again for the last few years and will only go up in price

JEAN WELLS — WITH MY LOVE AND WHAT YOU’VE GOT — CALLA                         EX+         50

Beautiful practically new copy. Drill hole in label.

JERRY WILLIAMS — IF YOU ASK ME — CALLA DEMO                                      EX-           150 SOLD

Now this really is rare.  The first issue, which is tough to begin with, but this is a demo copy.  Not to be confused with the 1973 white demo which is relatively common.  Has a few little marks but plays as near to mint as possible.

JIMMY SEALS — THE YESTERDAY OF OUR LOVE — CHALLENGE DEMO               EX            250

What a dancer this is, absolutely huge Stafford / 100 Club sound.  This has some paper scuffs but no scratches, it plays mint, please be aware that it does have some marks, my grade is for the combination of visual and audio conditions. 

JIMMY CONWELL — CIGARETTE ASHES — MIRWOOD                                                   M-             60

One of the greatest instrumentals ever — lovely vinyl copy, 100% original

JIMMY SLIM & THE BLUES 5 — SWEET CHICAGO — RIKA                                              EX+         25

R & B heavyweight — on the much harder Sassy Kitten design

JO ARMSTEAD — I FEEL AN URGE COMING ON — GIANT                                               M-             50

Detroit pounder

JOE SIMON — I GOT A WHOLE LOT OF LOVIN’ — SOUND STAGE 7 W/DEMO     M-             50

Honestly, I’ve never seen this before on an East Coast white demo, only on the usual black label demos — looks stunning, and still in company sleeve

JOE TEX — YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT BABY — DIAL                                                          EX            20

One of the biggest revivals of 1978

JOHNNY DAYE — I’LL KEEP ON LOVING YOU — BLUE STAR                                        M-             25 SOLD

Used to be hundreds…now you can’t give it away — strange world of Northern Soul

JOSEPHINE TAYLOR — SMOOTH GROOVE — PALOS                                                                         VG+         OFFERS

Have had to put offers on this as I don’t know what it’s worth.  Funky, repetitive Northern dancer.  Condition is only VG+, looks scruffy and does have one or two pops, it’s not trashed or crackly, just not mint.

JULIAN COVEY & THE MACHINE — A LITTLE BIT HURT — PHILIPS DEMO          M-             75 SOLD

An oldie that will never go out of popularity and it is so hard to find on a near mint US demo, beautiful

WELL I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT, INTERESTING LIST TODAY.  ANOTHER ONE LATER THIS WEEK.

BY THE WAY, A JOINT EFFORT BETWEEN THE UK AND GERMAN POST OFFICE SAW ONE OF MY RECORDS BENT IN HALF LAST WEEK, WHICH WAS OBVIOUSLY DONE DELIBERATELY, SO CAN I JUST STRESS AGAIN, IT’S IMPORTANT THAT YOU TAKE OUT INSURANCE AND DON’T SCRIMP ON SAFETY, IF SOMEONE IS DETERMINED TO BREAK A RECORD WITH THREE PIECES OF CARD PROTECTING IT, THEN AT LEAST I SHOULD BE ABLE TO CLAIM THE MONEY BACK.

CHEERS

PETE

POSTAGE IS £2.50 FOR FIRST 3 RECORDS IN THE UK (RECORDED)

SPECIAL DELIVERY IS RECOMMENDED FOR RARER ITEMS!  COST £7.10

DON’T FORGET YOU ARE ONLY COVERED UP TO ABOUT £40 FOR RECORDED DELIVERY ITEMS, IT’S WORTH PAYING THE EXTRA TO GET £500 INSURANCE

OVERSEAS WILL QUOTE BUT IT’S USUALLY £9 EUROPE AND £10 ELSEWHERE FOR REGISTERED POSTAGE.
CHEERS
PETE

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ok if you can give me invoice with your email address then I can pay you via PayPal. Normally it's pretty good unregistered and my mails being picked up by my neighbour as I'm on holiday here in UK at moment

Steve

I can post to UK if you want?

My email / paypal is 

pete.smith@freeuk.com

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!