Sweetest Soul Sounds

I can remember a mate of mine wearing out several copies of ' Heaven Must Have Sent You' - The Elgins (must have been styrene?) round about 1968 ,and a jock doing the warm up at the Top Rank in Preston before Bob & Earl came on in about the same year saying someting like: :"There's a young lady who says she will cry if I don't play Heaven Must Have Sent You Again!"

This really is a pretty tune. I found it charming 35 years ago and I still listen to it from time time to time now. Has there ever been a prettier Soul record?

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Velvellettes - These things will keep me loving you, must fit into that category. I imagine most replies will have female vocals.

Dena Barnes - If you ever walked out of my life. (I was amazed to see on another chat room, how this divides people. I adore it)

Social source share

I can remember a mate of mine wearing out several copies of ' Heaven Must Have Sent You' - The Elgins (must have been styrene?) round about 1968 ,and a jock doing the warm up at the Top Rank in Preston before Bob & Earl came on in about the same year saying someting like: :"There's a young lady who says she will cry if I don't play Heaven Must Have Sent You Again!"

This really is a pretty tune. I found it charming 35 years ago and I still listen to it from time time  to time now.  Has there ever been a prettier Soul record?

link

Have you heard the Continental fours version of this, i think its as good as if not better than the Elgins? If you want a sweet soul sound then Cherry People-And Suddenly is pretty good as is Holland/Dozier/Hollands If you dont want to be in my life. Anyone agree?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert