Edwin Starr - New Cd Soul Master + Ric Tic Tracks

Soul Source readers/members might like to know that an expanded version of the LP Soul Master is being released soon.

.    AGENT DOUBLE-O-SOUL
2.    I AM THE MAN FOR YOU BABY
3.    STOP HER ON SIGHT (S.O.S)
4.    OH HOW HAPPY
5.    WAY OVER THERE
6.    MY WEAKNESS IS YOU
7.    HEADLINE NEWS
8.    SOUL MASTER
9.    I WANT MY BABY BACK
10.    LOVE IS MY DESTINATION
11.    I AM YOUR MAN
12.    TIME IS PASSIN' BY

BONUS TRACKS
13.    AGENT DOUBLE-O-SOUL (Stereo Mix)
14.    BACK STREET (Single Version)
15.    STOP HER ON SIGHT (S.O.S) (Single Version)
16.    I HAVE FAITH IN YOU (Single Version)
17.    HEADLINE NEWS (Single Version)
18.    HARLEM (Single Version)
19.    IT'S MY TURN NOW
20.    GIRL'S ARE GETTING PRETTIER (Single Version)
21.    YOU'RE MY MELLOW (Single Version)
22.    MY KIND OF WOMAN (Single Version)
23.    I WANT MY BABY BACK (Single Version)
24.    GONNA KEEP TRYIN' 'TIL I WIN YOUR LOVE (Single Version)
25.    I AM THE MAN FOR YOU BABY (Single Version)
26.    MY WEAKNESS IS YOU (Single Version)
27.    WAY OVER THERE (Single Version)
28.    BACK STREET (Instrumental Version)
29.    AGENT DOUBLE-O-SOUL (Instrumental Version)

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Lol  - well done Snakepit - the point I was making was that there are always debates (to put it politely) on here about how we all have different tastes and one mans top 10 is anothers dross - but surely everyone likes Edwin. I hope this is one of the best selling cd's of the year - I know I'll be getting one. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

good job I didn't mention the other Edwin Starr expanded CD..."involved" + 70's tracks that comes out at the same time.

now THAT might divide opinion here

TRACK LIST:

1.    WAR
2.    BALL OF CONFUSION (THAT'S WHAT THE WORLD IS TODAY)
3.    FUNKY MUSIC SHO' NUFF TURNS ME ON
4.    STOP THE WAR
5.    CLOUD NINE
6.    STAND
7.    WAY OVER THERE
8.    MY SWEET LORD

BONUS TRACKS
9.    STOP THE WAR NOW (Single Version)
10.    FUNKY MUSIC SHO' NUFF TURNS ME ON (Single Version)
11.    CLOUD NINE (Single Version)
12.    TAKE ME CLEAR FROM HERE
13.    BALL OF CONFUSION (THAT'S WHAT THE WORLD IS TODAY) (Single Version)
14.    WHO IS THE LEADER OF THE PEOPLE
15.    DON'T TELL ME I'M CRAZY
16.    THERE YOU GO
17.    YOU'VE GOT MY SOUL ON FIRE
18.    LOVE (THE LONELY LORD'S PRAYER)
19.    AIN'T IT HELL UP IN HARLEM
20.    BIG PAPA
21.    WHO'S RIGHT OR WRONG
22.    LONELY RAINY DAYS IN SAN FRANCISCO

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Interesting. Wayne Dickson who runs BBR is a mate who I usually see whenever he's in town. He didn't tell me he was doing an Edwin Starr com for f*cks sake.

I'm sure he's missing a few potential Edwin tracks here. It'd be nice to have "Don't Tell I'm Crazy" on CD but I'm sure there's several other currently popular Edwin tracks that aren't on here. I'm thinking it should be a double CD to do the job properly.

So I wouldn't mind a list that I can chuck at him next time he's down if anyone fancies obliging with some suggestions....

Ian D  :D

Social source share

Interesting. Wayne Dickson who runs BBR is a mate who I usually see whenever he's in town. He didn't tell me he was doing an Edwin Starr com for f*cks sake.

I'm sure he's missing a few potential Edwin tracks here. It'd be nice to have "Don't Tell I'm Crazy" on CD but I'm sure there's several other currently popular Edwin tracks that aren't on here. I'm thinking it should be a double CD to do the job properly.

So I wouldn't mind a list that I can chuck at him next time he's down if anyone fancies obliging with some suggestions....

Better get a move on Ian it is scheduled for 8 September - Amazon taking pre-orders!

Social source share

'Don't Tell Me I'm Crazy' is on the other Edwin Starr CD - Involved to be released.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Sounds like a couple of great releases from "The Soul Master" I hope they sell really well

.......a little surprised "Time" & "If my heart could tell the story" are not included

Triode

I was just thinking the same, how bizarre……"No Running Back And Forth" either ! I guess they must think the missing ones all fall into another category……..unless theres another Edwin Starr comp waiting round the corner !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!