Determination

Just what is it that gets "torn up in a middle of a storm " that makes Dean Parrish "decide to plant some seeds"?

I would really appreciate it if someone could clear up that puzzle that been foxing me for years. Once in the early seventies after a microdot and being fed up of the "hippy stuff" that was being played, I sneaked away and listened to a tape that had Determination on it. I must have played that till the birds started singing, but I just couldn't catch it.

What other puzzlers are there?

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just what is it that gets "torn up  in a middle of a storm " that makes Dean Parrish "decide to plant some seeds"?

I would really appreciate it if someone could clear up that puzzle that been foxing me for years.  Once in the early seventies after a microdot and being fed up of the "hippy stuff" that was being played, I sneaked away and listened to a tape that had Determination on it. I must have played that till the birds started singing, but I just couldn't catch it.

What other puzzlers are there?

link

A patch of earth ?

Social source share

I've puzzzled on this one more than once. It's not clear is it? Think I'd rather not know for sure, coz I suspect it may be a "musical theatre type lyric" concerning sods of earth!

While we're on the subject will somebody, anybody, tell me what Roy Handy is doing singing about Fish and Chips in the classic "Baby that's a groove" ?

Listen for yourself; it's in the first verse -

Click here for Roy Handy

I like to think he made a secret journey to The Wheel, sampled our national dish, then wrote a killer groove to sing it's praises just for the in crowd at Whitworth Street.

Social source share

Just what is it that gets "torn up in a middle of a storm " that makes Dean Parrish "decide to plant some seeds"?

If I find a patch of earth in the middle of a stall (i.e. stable / cow house)

I'd decide to plant some seeds, there where nothing else is grownin'

I'll work that land with powers

Until, the seed is some flowers

Social source share

link

Great stuff Hippo and Pete. With a couple of amendments we have this then.

If I find a patch of earth in the middle of a stall

I'd decide to plant some seeds, there where nothing else was grown

I'll work unendless hours

Until, the seeds come flowers

That us why I got my reputation

I'm filled with determination

Next?!

Social source share

Yeah it's 'stone'

link

Sounds like storm to me Pete.

Whats the line that comes before "Ill be the smile that you smile & the song that you sing" followed by that strange high pitched "Hey.

In fact is anyone brave enough to have a go at the complete lyrics.

Impossible :thumbsup:

Social source share

Is that a soul or reggae Island 45 spinning away on your avator Pete?Its making my eyes go funny trying to read the label.

Anyway heres a link to the full song.

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Dean_Parris...termination.ram

link

It's a ska tune mate, I think it might be Shenley Duffus but to be honest I can't remember, I did it in paintshop, they have a very basic animation plug in. I had over 200 red and white Islands before I started selling them off :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!