Joe Dunlop Sales

Pete S

:hatsoff2: HI ALL,  SPOT ON PETE, JOES NAME has been around for many years, going back to the 7ts, but it's in the early copies of RECORD COLLECTOR MAG the small ones, that his sales appeared alongside my old mate Mick Smith, I must admit that I did most of my buying from Mick (he only lived down the road from my house) but always followed his adverts, DEKES, & Ted Massey plus all those who sold BRITISH, (Chris Savorys article A to Z of UK soul labels was great), but he is a stalwart of the Northern Soul scene,

PS got a copy of Garland Green - it rained for 40 days & 40 nights, for £10 fromJoe........................................................last week :thumbsup::huh:  :ohmy:  DAVE K

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

I think Joe Dunlop has to be the most underrated seller in the country, every couple of weeks he puts out a fantastic list, and some of the records he gets I can only dream about, and he's been doing it year after year.  And the British stuff he sells...wow...take a bow Joe.

Justified praise from one very good seller to another
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I met him for the first time at Cleethorpes two years ago, it was really nice to meet him at long last..for years I thought he was a painter & decorator, every time I called he was up a ladder, painting...

still got the first list I ever had off him upstairs, think he advertised in Record Collector...

Malcolm

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!