This weekend going to....?

Mike

where's people off to this weekend ?

meself possibly Lowton as always have a right old laugh there!

A strong dj line up as well and a mini-niter to boot

Saturday see's a few worthy ones, Broughton, Great Stones two that attract my interest

what grabs your fancy and if poss why?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi mike

myself - goin to guildhall nite owl soul nite in stockport on fri. a} beacause i am djing there b} it is a nice venue + the beers a bit cheaper. 2 good rooms playin northern in the main room - paul kidd has a decent collection, brian walker plays to the oldies crowd and pete waggitt does a good warm-up spot playin' a lot of underplayed stuff. it is a friendly atmosphere, regular faces and attracts a very good attendance. give it a whirl one day mate - 2nd fri of every month.

How did it go Grant?

My weekend involved discovering another bug that none of my family had the pleasure of, so wasn't in mood or state to go to corner shop

Always read of a lot of things going on in Stockport, and know a few from there, any hi-lites from decks

HI MIKE - HOPE THE 'BUGS' GONE MATE!

GUILD HALL WASNT A BAD NITE BUT I THINK THE FORCE 10 GALKE KEPT A FEW PUNTERS AWAY. GOOD TO SEE THE NEW CENT. HALL PEOPLE THERE, I RUN A COMP AT THE DECKS (VERY SIMPLE ONE!) FOR 2 FREEE TICKETS FOR THE EVENT ON DEC 6TH IN MANCR. MUSIC WISE, UNFORT. WE ALSO HAD SLIGHT PROB WITH SOUND SYSTEM BUT THEY HAVE PROMISED IT WILL BE SORTED FOR NEXT GUILD HALL ON FRI 12TH DEC. MUSIC WISE BRIAN WALKER PLAYED ALL OLDIES FROM THE WHEEL ETC, PAUL KIDD PLAYED STUFF LIKE SYNG MCGOWAN, DELCOS, BOBBY PARIS - I WALKED AWAY, TOMMY BUSH ETC. I DID THE LAST HOUR 12-1 AS USUAL, IVE GOT A POOR MEMORY BUT HERES SOME OF THE STUFF I DID PLAY :-

YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND - INSPIRATIONS (MIDAS)

TEARS OF JOY - RAY MERRELL (JAY BOY)

THRILLS & CHILLS - HELENE SMITH (LLOYD)

SISTER JAMES - NINO TEMPO (A&M SPANISH)

I GET CARRIED AWAY - JERRY FULLER (CHALLENGE)

IVE HAD IT - ROBIN RICE (CRACKERJACK)

I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF - VOLUMES (AMER. ARTS DEMO)

MR CREATOR - THE APOLLAS (WB)

LOOKING FOR YOU- GARNETT MIMMS (UA)

SOMEDAY - THE TEMPESTS (SMASH LP)

IT'S ALL OVER BUT THE PAIN - BIG FRANK MURPHY (PHILLIPS)

KEPT THE FLOOR BUSY

HOPE TO SEE U AT ONE OF THE NITES IN THE FUTURE MIKE, IT REALLY IS A GOOD NITE. ALSO SPENT A BIT OF TIME IN THE OTHER ROOM - THE LADS IN THERE KEPT IT GOING WITH CLUB SOUL, MODERN AND JAZZ FUNK STUFF.

BEST

GRANT