dthedrug

Soul Source Record Club Summer 2014 "the Whole Damm World Is Going Crazy

:hatsoff2: Hi All.... Welcome to the new thread of the SSRC, the HOT HOT HOT Summer is still on just waiting for the rain to stop?

No time to repeat the club rules coz the "in Crowd" keep breaking them, however it's these guys that contribute to the real success of the club, with over 1000 entries,  & the Gang of 6 +1 have put some cracking tunes from all parts decades & rarity of our music, this mixture of eclectic is what it's all about, ain't it?.  I'm sorry that I have not posted more, but poor health has made me lethargic over the past 3 weeks, and the problems around the world are a concern, while women & children Die, we watch the Commonwealth Games, "do you believe GOD makes you breath, ......you do?....then why did he loose 6 million JEWS??    so WHAT THE F**K GOING ON???. with the JEWS,

Lets get down and SAD songs with a UPTOWN BEAT, "to move your feet" AS ALWAYS DAVE K. :g:

:huh: To kick the new thread off, as the alluded to above, is a record that is a big favourite with the "old school who love the newer soul??? I love the opening bars to this classic

JOHN GARY WILLIAMS - "THE WHOLE DAMM WORLD IS GOING CRAZY" - STAX STA-0205. 5 STARS

"LET'S DIG DEEP" said the MINOR? :ohmy:

:D MY COPYpost-13241-0-57312000-1407380531_thumb.j

http://youtu.be/6QU4HzVtzOU

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Sorry but another from me , bought this back in the day for 6 or 7 quid when I went to Soul Bowl with Rob Thomas & Co( think I was on £12 a week  :lol: ) don't have it now and haven't got fookinf idea what I did with it :(  

but still one of my all time faves. Don't know if I'm allowed as i don't own it now ? Hey Ho

EDWARD HAMILTON - BABY DON'T YOU WEEP - MARY JANE

Swifty :thumbsup:

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
Guest miff

Kenny Carter " Dont Go"

Edited by miff

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
Guest miff

Johnny Nash "Ol man River"

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Sorry but another from me , bought this back in the day for 6 or 7 quid when I went to Soul Bowl with Rob Thomas & Co( think I was on £12 a week  :lol: ) don't have it now and haven't got fookinf idea what I did with it :(  

but still one of my all time faves. Don't know if I'm allowed as i don't own it now ? Hey Ho

EDWARD HAMILTON - BABY DON'T YOU WEEP - MARY JANE

Swifty :thumbsup:

Me too.

I had it as well and still regret selling it at Wigan before it ever made it big. Still have the cardboard sleeve with the name on it.

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL......The saying "a all time classic" is like saying hello to someone on the RARE SOUL SCENE.  If I was to compile a top 20 rare soul chart, this classic would be in my top 5, and has been since 1972,  TORCH fave, massive pre WIGAN, hails from the great Modern Label, this is the true sound of NORTHERN SOUL, nothing can touch this, and yes it's classic that should be in every collection, "anything for the weekend sir?" yes a copy of:- 

MEL WILLIAMS - CAN IT BE ME - MODERN  5 STARS & MY #3 ALL TIME FAVE. :yes: DAVE K

http://youtu.be/xcmvptNpTeA

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Along the lines of we need to get involved if want things to change

George Soule

Remember getting this as a new release on UA (I think ?) , local Record shop used to keep any demos for me as they weren't allowed to sell them (Bless  :thumbsup: ) , used to go in every weekend and she would just hand me whatever had come in that week , for nothing !! :thumbup:

Used to play it to people then but they all used to say it was Funky shite but it's a great record , thanks for the memories  :wink:

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Remember getting this as a new release on UA (I think ?) , local Record shop used to keep any demos for me as they weren't allowed to sell them (Bless  :thumbsup: ) , used to go in every weekend and she would just hand me whatever had come in that week , for nothing !! :thumbup:

Used to play it to people then but they all used to say it was Funky shite but it's a great record , thanks for the memories  :wink:

:hatsoff2: HI ALL DITTO, Still have the UK issue + UK UA DEMO, the best copy I sold 2 years ago, it was a JA BLANK also had a LP only track from the MOMENTS (NO IDEA WHAT THE TITLE WAS BUT IT HAD A PLANE LANDING , FEMALE VOICE ANOUNCING PLANE FROM BALTIMORE ....) a great record "sho nuff funky for me" :ohmy: DAVE K

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
Guest miff

Al Wilson "Be Concerned"

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL DITTO, Still have the UK issue + UK UA DEMO, the best copy I sold 2 years ago, it was a JA BLANK also had a LP only track from the MOMENTS (NO IDEA WHAT THE TITLE WAS BUT IT HAD A PLANE LANDING , FEMALE VOICE ANOUNCING PLANE FROM BALTIMORE ....) a great record "sho nuff funky for me" :ohmy: DAVE K

hi dave

the moments record is Gotta Find A Way and was a 1973 release as a 45 on stang. one of their very best records.

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
Guest miff

Gregory Porter "1960 What"

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
Guest miff

The Honey Cone " Sunday Morning People"

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
Guest miff

Aficano "Satifactorize your mind"

Edited by miff

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Hi All

This might not go down too well and it is Dave's thread. But, can we try and stick to posting one record up each day with a bit of a description. Otherwise, a very enjoyable, and long standing thread just runs away with itself, is hard to keep track of and becomes far less enjoyable. 

Thanks

Peter

:thumbsup:

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
Guest miff

Hi All

This might not go down too well and it is Dave's thread. But, can we try and stick to posting one record up each day with a bit of a description. Otherwise, a very enjoyable, and long standing thread just runs away with itself, is hard to keep track of and becomes far less enjoyable. 

Thanks

Peter

:thumbsup:

Ok but what do I do now when am boarded at work?

forum share

soul source url
Social source share