• Replies 11
  • Views 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

3 very different versions here (ok the CM isn't exactly the same song, but very similar) which one d'ya prefer?

I'm currently liking the JB most.

Any other versions of this that are worth a spin?

Titus Turner on King, from 1957, is great - it's available on an Ace CD I compiled, "King Rock 'n' Roll Vol. 2" (which is actually all R & B, but never mind...)

Best version of all? The Dominoes on Federal from 1951. Killer vocals from a young Clyde McPhatter - which is where this posting came in, I guess!

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

heres the dominoes version.

ricky.

sock it to em shorty.

I've just had a lovely copy of this on Gold topped King label delivered today, it's in lovely nick for a 1952 7" - I'm well chuffed whistling.gif

Now, any idea how much for a 7" of Sixty Minute Man by The Dominoes??

Edited by richard
Social source share

Best version of all? The Dominoes on Federal from 1951. Killer vocals from a young Clyde McPhatter - which is where this posting came in, I guess!

Tony

I'd go with that.

Years ago one of our local radio stations had a rock'n'roll show and the presenter mentioned something about not having heard Hank Ballard's version of the Twist. I phoned him up and was invited in the next week. I took along some other records that i thought he might be interested in and one was Have Mercy Baby by James Brown (B side to These Foolish things?) We'd quite a good session and as he was off the next week he recorded another show on the pretext of me coming back next week. The magic of radio. Great fun and he did admit that mot of listeners just wanted to hear the same old 40 R&R singles so i provided an excuse for a bit more variety to the play list.

Sixty Minute man is another of my favourites. Howard stern used it as his theme to his radio shows.

Social source share

I've just had a lovely copy of this on Gold topped King label delivered today, it's in lovely nick for a 1952 7" - I'm well chuffed :lol:

Now, any idea how much for a 7" of Sixty Minute Man by The Dominoes??

Oooop's should have been Federal not King.

Kev is that on the same release number Federal 12068?

Edited by richard
Social source share

Got the UK 78 on Vogue - well neat!

Didn't come out here on a 45 (too early), other than on a Vogue EP called "Rhythm & Blues"; 2 tracks by The Dominoes and 2 tracks by The Swallows. You'll probably get £50 change out of £400 if you wanted one!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!