Prince Johnny Robinson

Sunnysoul

Guess this is a totally forgotten sound and would NEVER be played on the scene now, but I love it and I'm after a copy:

PRINCE JOHNNY ROBINSON

"This Girl Is Rated X"

There was another nice version by Anne Byers , I think , got a release on UK Power Exchange 7" , but I'd like a copy of Prince Johnny's version ...

Can any old timers tell us when this was first popular on the scene ? A Meccca sound I would guess, right ? Or did Wigan play it ?

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guess this is a totally forgotten sound and would NEVER be played on the scene now, but I love it and I'm after a copy:

PRINCE JOHNNY ROBINSON

"This Girl Is Rated X"

There was another nice version by Anne Byers , I think , got a release on UK Power Exchange 7" , but I'd like a copy of Prince Johnny's version ...

Can any old timers tell us when this was first popular on the scene ? A Meccca sound I would guess, right ? Or did Wigan play it ?

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Great Record...........keep an eye on e-bay, just picked this up for small $$$

Social source share

From 'manifesto' two years ago... ANN BYERS -THIS MAN IS RATED X - POWER EXCHANGE - PX 108 7" 1975 PRINCE JOHNNY ROBINSON - THAT GIRL IS RATED X - Andee - 111774 7" 1975 VIRTUES -DOIN' IT - Andee -112374 7" Three 45's- a girl version, a male version and an instrumental version. Depending which label you read it was produced and arranged by Frank Virtue, John Davis or Walker & Carr. The writers credits on both vocal versions are Green and Harris but the instrumental is credited to Frank Virtuoso and disco supremo John Davis. So that's cleared all that up then. I suspect Anne's version is the original recording because the girlie backing vocals on Prince Johnny's version are from her version in that they actually sing "This Man Is Rated X" as on hers, while he of course is singing "This Girl Is Rated X " Whatever, it's a great chunky 70's dancer and the vocals on both versions are great.

Social source share

Source Advert