Chapter 8 - This Love's For Real

karlos1964

Just found a CD in the collection which is the above LP but has 2 bonus tracks on it one being a 7:40 long version of "It's my turn"..

Does anyone know anything about this CD as I can't find any info on it at all. I got it a long long while ago around 10-15 years ago if not more and all I can remember is being told it was a Japan only release but that's it.

Does anyone know any more?

Social source share

No it's not on You tube and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere either.  I'll have to put it up. Although it's an extended version it's "looped" ie after about 2:40 the song then goes right back to the beginning but it's done well. Just wondered if anyone knew anything about the CD I have as I can't find a thing about it on the web...

Social source share

No it’s not that one as that is the Japanese import of the bluebird (UK) CD. In any case I’ve had my one at least 10 years if not more and the release in the link dates to 2007-8.

My memory is sketchy but I vaguely recall the seller telling me it was a Japan only release. As well as a long version of “It’s my turn” the CD also has a longer version of another Chapter 8 track (so has 2 bonus tracks) but I can’t remember what the other track is! Will have to dig the CD out again….

Something is telling me it’s a bootleg as I simply can’t find any info on this CD anywhere but the sound quality is first rate (as you would expect from a Japanese CD).  That said even if it was a bootleg there must have been other copies pressed and therefore some info on the net. I’ll dig out the CD and put up a scan….

Anyway, I agree 100% with the other posters. Michael Powell’s 80’s stuff, particularly Chapter 8, was just top top drawer. I seriously regret not seeing them at the Blackpool weekender a couple of years ago but I did see them live a few years before that when they did a little cameo of 4-5 songs at a gig in London…..

Social source share

Well firstly apologies for hogging the board on this one but….

I’ve spoken to no less an authority than Mr Searling on this. He had never heard of it before either (so it must be well under the radar so to speak) but Richard does have contact with Michael Powell so at some point he’s going to contact him to find out the story behind it.  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!