Del Larks

Simon T

Twenty odd years ago I had a list of Dave Raistrick with the demo on E+ condition.

A few years ago I had a demo from Chadwick's collection in my hands for about 30 seconds, E+ condition.

Autumn 2004 DJ has a mint condition demo. Ovenchip has a mint demo. Nowt on Ebay though.

Nice black and silver label, just like the Oxford Nights that haven't turned up recently either

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Twenty odd years ago I had a list of Dave Raistrick with the demo on E+ condition.

A few  years ago I had a demo from Chadwick's collection in my hands for about 30 seconds, E+ condition.

Autumn 2004  DJ has a mint condition demo. Ovenchip has a mint demo. Nowt on Ebay though.

Nice black and silver label, just like the Oxford Nights that haven't turned up recently either

link

Chadwicks was if I remember rightly the oine he got from Chris Marriott.

Does make you wonder though all these records in pristine condition, no storage warp notjhing :thumbsup:

Social source share

i got one of the oxford nights of from ebay at a really good price the bloke selling them got a few from the record company owner not sure how many prob a box of 25 why is it a record turns up on ebay a few times and everybody panics i mean what is a box of 25 records IMOP not a lot he mght have more i do not know but all the same if a record turns up for a few times ive noticed it soon dissapears again and your back to square one!

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

A box of 25 is okay but it could be 250 makes a difference in the price then. What we think is a rare record, ebay is showing us it ain't in most cases, but it is sorting out the real rare records. Just wait a few more years then you'll really see the prices go through the roof on the real rare ones.

Social source share

i got one of the oxford nights of from ebay at a really good price the bloke selling them got a few  from the record company owner not sure how many prob a box of 25 why is it a record turns up on ebay a few times and everybody panics i mean what is a box of 25 records IMOP not a lot he mght have more i do not know but all the same if a record turns up for a few times ive noticed it soon dissapears again and your back to square one!

link

I've heard a lot more than 25 Oxford Knights turned up...plus the boots/counterfeits as well being passed of as originals :angry: Or are you talking about the Del-Larks?

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Works both ways though - Betty Lloyd for instance - at one point down to as low as 50 quid, now back up to 200. Also what about that box of Arthur Freeman (Jumbo) that turned up 3 months ago, the bloke put the first two on Buy It Now for $20 because he had no idea what it was!

Social source share

Works both ways though - Betty Lloyd for instance - at one point down to as low as 50 quid, now back up to 200.  Also what about that box of Arthur Freeman (Jumbo) that turned up 3 months ago, the bloke put the first two on Buy It Now for $20 because he had no idea what it was!

link

Strange that Pete, Betty lloyd sprung into my mind, I got mine for about £60 when they all turned up in 93', glad I held onto it, still think it's one of the best Detroit tracks ever.........

Social source share

Like the lucky bugger who got an unplayed copy of the Turbines on Cenco for $5 a few years ago!!!

link

Wasn`t that auction closed early by the seller ? At least there was an Bernaidine up on ebay a few years ago that was real low price wise, wrongly listed and ended early...no, not my copy :thumbsup:

Marc

Social source share

So the verdict is that the MINT copy in the DJ's box and the MINT copy on Ovenchip's auction, that have both turned up in the last few weeks, are indeed originals?

Can anyone remind the last big ticket sound (i.e. £2000 plus) in MINT condition turned up in confirmed quantities of two or less?

Social source share

So the verdict is that the MINT copy in the DJ's box and the MINT copy on Ovenchip's auction, that have both turned up in the last few weeks, are indeed originals?

Can anyone remind the last big ticket sound (i.e. £2000 plus) in MINT condition turned up in confirmed quantities of two or less?

link

Gwen Owens "Wanted" Velgo and on the less expensive side of things The Cautions "NOW" Shrine do spring to mind at least

Marc

Social source share

Gwen Owens "Wanted" Velgo and on the less expensive side of things The Cautions "NOW" Shrine do spring to mind at least

Marc

link

The Gwen Owens came from Gwen Owens herself through Rob Thomas and the only one I would consdier mint, Rob kept.

The mint Shrine stuff has come from the west coast "find". Shrine had around 19 releases in as many months and I believe a quite a few of the titles would have been mailed across to the west coast for distribution and sat in this find for the last 30 odd years.

Social source share

Has anyone questioned it being an original? Does anyone seriously believe Manship would auction a boot as the real deal? I don't. If some of the records he's been selling all of a sudden are anything to go by it looks to me as someone is selling a bit of his stuff, or maybe selling up his soul? Let's hope! :)

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!