London Boozers/bars And Soul Music Midweek?

Guest Andy BB

Guest Andy BB

I recently moved back into the West End after working In The City (Cue Simsy, ba da ba da ba dabadabaa In The City there's a thousand things I wanna say to you...) and am wondering if anyone knows of any bars or boozers where you can hear soul music (or that has a good jukebox) midweek.

Years ago we had Reggie Reggie's Soul Cafe which was excellent, but always completely empty.

Anyone know of anywhere to go for a drink and avoid the usual House or Funk nonsense in the background?

(Obvious Soul Nights excepted of course)

Cheers me old cockernee cockles.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

great little spanish bar on hanway street. the place is very small - seats about 20. however it does have a little 45s jukebox with all sorts of weird things including - barbara lynn 'this is the thanks i get'

Shane

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Cheers Shane

I knew someone would come up with that. I should have said "And I know about Bradley's Spanish bar" still, you can't get in the place any more for Noo Meeja divs.*

Spot on though. Good jukebox.

Jim Reeves, Dusty Springfield, Johnny Cash. Quality

*I exclude myself from that of course

Social source share

Shithole? How rude ! It has an.... errr..... old world charm.

Personally, I wouldn't sit on the toilet seat tho....the drinks are cheap tho' especially for the West End !

Social source share

Shithole? How rude ! It has an.... errr..... old world charm.

Personally, I wouldn't sit on the toilet seat tho....the drinks are cheap tho' especially for the West End !

Don't they want a fiver to get in? As it is a bit of a dive that's cheeky imo.

Social source share

Ah yes Geoff but you're paying for the atmosphere, the music, the company, the banter and the ambiance...not to have a shit.

Plus I don't think anyones ever actually been charged anyway. whistling.gif

Don't they want a fiver to get in? As it is a bit of a dive that's cheeky imo.
Social source share

Guest adlibsoul

I recently moved back into the West End after working In The City (Cue Simsy, ba da ba da ba dabadabaa In The City there's a thousand things I wanna say to you...) and am wondering if anyone knows of any bars or boozers where you can hear soul music (or that has a good jukebox) midweek.

Years ago we had Reggie Reggie's Soul Cafe which was excellent, but always completely empty.

Anyone know of anywhere to go for a drink and avoid the usual House or Funk nonsense in the background?

(Obvious Soul Nights excepted of course)

Cheers me old cockernee cockles.

Sun and 13 Cantons

Great Pulteny St

Soho

London W1

Ask Tim, the assistant manager, to put on some of the cd's we made for him (and which he says go down brilliantly !). They're all tracks played at our club. Ad-Lib Soul/R&B Club, Lincoln.

Social source share

Sun and 13 Cantons

Great Pulteny St

Soho

London W1

Ask Tim, the assistant manager, to put on some of the cd's we made for him (and which he says go down brilliantly !). They're all tracks played at our club. Ad-Lib Soul/R&B Club, Lincoln.

Having been to Ad-Lib earlier this year Andy I can say that those CDs will be right up your street whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert