I Hurt On The Other Side Instrumental Version

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

This sounds very Soul Fox Strings to me I must say - took some finding but here it is, quality is not great but it was the best I could do

"Soul Fox Strings" is about right - no prizes for guessing who was behind it...

However for the sake of accuracy, I should point out that the original DCT Recorders acetates that Sim- er, sorry, our mystery man had cut, had handwritten labels as follows:

A: The Hurt - Sidney Barnes Orchestra

B: Faith - Detroit Symphony

Not sure where Alan Lorber came in, did he produce the S. Barnes vocal? I don't have a copy to check, more's the pity...

TONE

Social source share

Right I have been furnished with a perfect recording of this by a friend, and yes it is the soul fox strings, but they were added on top of the original backing track, which was given to SS by Sid Barnes. Thats what you said right Tone?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Right I have been furnished with a perfect recording of this by a friend, and yes it is the soul fox strings, but they were added on top of the original backing track, which was given to SS by Sid Barnes. Thats what you said right Tone?

...added and speeded up a bit, too. Dunno where he got the "I Have Faith In You" backing track from, though....

Never sure whether "given" is the right word to use in conjunction with SS. He borrowed lots of backing tracks that I'm sure people are no longer optimistic about getting back. Ace, I know, would be quite pleased to have the original mastertapes of quite a few of the Mirwood things he made instros of 30 years ago, esp. now that the Mirwood is owned by Ace...

TONE

Social source share

...added and speeded up a bit, too. Dunno where he got the "I Have Faith In You" backing track from, though....

Never sure whether "given" is the right word to use in conjunction with SS. He borrowed lots of backing tracks that I'm sure people are no longer optimistic about getting back. Ace, I know, would be quite pleased to have the original mastertapes of quite a few of the Mirwood things he made instros of 30 years ago, esp. now that the Mirwood is owned by Ace...

TONE

Well I was just using the terminology passed on to me...supplied by, perhaps

Social source share

I never listened closely to the so called Soul Fox Strings things - and I don't own any of them - but I'd always assumed they were synth strings or Mellotron. The strings on this one sound like real playing to my ears. Perhaps just one player double tracked.

Social source share

=========

thanks pete for putting this up mate.

whatver its source,,its a great track,,right up my street

regards

mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!