Where Does 'do Do Do Do Do Do Doody Do' Come From?

You know how the theme form 'Sesame Street' starts?

And you know how Muriel Day's 'Nine Times Out Of Ten' starts?

I can't believe that the songwriters of the Sesame Street theme had ever heard the Muriel Day track but they're too similar to be co-incidental so they must have got the intro from somewhere else.

So where does the intro originate?

I have a US 45 on Decca by The Telltales from 1965 (which I presume predates Muriel Day) with exactly the same intro. Its the theme from a movie of the same name according to the label but I can't find anything out about the movie. I doubt it's the original version of the intro so again, what is?

whistling.gif Anyone?

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You know how the theme form 'Sesame Street' starts?

And you know how Muriel Day's 'Nine Times Out Of Ten' starts?

I can't believe that the songwriters of the Sesame Street theme had ever heard the Muriel Day track but they're too similar to be co-incidental so they must have got the intro from somewhere else.

So where does the intro originate?

I have a US 45 on Decca by The Telltales from 1965 (which I presume predates Muriel Day) with exactly the same intro. Its the theme from a movie of the same name according to the label but I can't find anything out about the movie. I doubt it's the original version of the intro so again, what is?

:thumbsup: Anyone?

Ad Libs - Boy from New York City ...

...or more likely a million old blues records whistling.gif

Godz

Social source share

"To be is to do"--Socrates.

"To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

Any help?

Col.

You might be onto something here Col. Franks' 'Strangers In Th Night' is from ' 66 though so The Telltales track predates it , at least in release terms.

I don't know the Jean Paul Satre version of ' Nine Times Out Of Ten'. What year is it from? I know his version of 'Critique of Dialectical Reason' - Existentialist -1960 but there are no 'do do's' in it.

I know Socrates was aware of the Northern scene (through his connections with the late Dave Godin) but would have thought through the careful application of a dialectical method that employs critical inquiry to undermine the plausibility of widely-held doctrines the very idaea of 'Sesame Street' would have destroyed the illusion that we already comprehend the world perfectly and honestly accepting the fact of our own ignorance, while believing labels like Ric-Tic are vital steps toward our acquisition of genuine knowledge, by discovering universal definitions of the key concepts governing human life.

My head hurts. whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Personally I've always thought that NTOOT is a right old pile of doo-doo anyway...

TONE :thumbsup:

Cogito ergo Muriel Day is poop. whistling.gif Or sumfink.

Social source share

Guest Brian J

Song writers should never have given up on 'Hey nonny nonny' when stuck for a lyric.

Otis didn't do so bad with the stuttering song.........Fa fafa fafa fa fa fafa :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ad Libs - Boy from New York City ...

..or more likely a million old blues records :thumbsup:

Godz

I reckon you're right...in pop/soul terms the Ad Libs is probably it !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!