Ian Levine

Guest Bearsy

Yes its true he posted the news up himself on face book.    Paralysed down one side with no use of foot and hand.  Very sad News I wish him well and a speedy recovery. 

Social source share

Bloody hell that`s a shock!........................no matter what you thought of Ian its still upsetting news.....and we share a middle name!

The brother-in-law had one a year ago and is still not good. My mother had one 20 odd years ago and she made a full (almost) recovery.

I wish him all the very best and hope he makes a swift and full recovery......Geoffrey :yes:

:hatsoff2:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

That is sad to hear. Whatever he thinks of this site and some of the people on it is irrelevant in the face of such a blow. Also have a great family friend who suffered one about three or fours years ago. The road to recovery has been a long and arduous one but it's amazing how the body can respond over time. Wish him all the very best for a speedy recovery. 

Social source share

Get well soon Ian if you read this.

He does read it Pete.......X Get well soon Ian...X Winners never quit...and quitters never win. You epitomise that mate...x Yup...and oddball....and like me Ian....the world...and scenes...need us...X Have a smooth recovery and a pleasure to know of you and have met you....X

LUV

SOOTY

X

...the good....

https://youtu.be/gKtReivY750?list=UUzdEGZLeRkfvIw3TDiAnhKw

...and mad...of Ian Levine.......LOVE IT & YOU MATE!!!x

https://youtu.be/VvM1Xup37MU?list=UUzdEGZLeRkfvIw3TDiAnhKw

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

Ian, In my lifetime, I have spent a few minutes moaning about your music, but decades dancing to and enjoying your music. Get Well !

Social source share

Come on ian lad. Proper cate and do as they tell you hopefully youll be ok. Our lass hsd brain heomerage and stroke 3odf years ago. Not a lot of folks even know, she was dancin away last nite at inner soul sheffield. Keep the faith(as they say) youll b ok.... gaz n jane

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Don't really give a shit about the politics, you'll always be a hero of my early soul years.

Get well soon Ian

John

So very true, without Ian and Colin Curtis the music we love today wouldn't be the same. A tough challenge ahead  but  people can make astonishing progress after a stroke so every best wish for a full recovery Ian.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Really sad news - Northern Soul and Soul music in general would not be the same without him - the list of classic tracks he has discovered for us all is endless - we all wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Lindsay Common,

On behalf of the NG4 Soul Coalition.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Very sad news ..The Highland Room was a great venue with a great dance floor for floaters like myself ... 

Went to the opening night of The Rocket as well...... as now I'm a southern softie....... and he was on top form ..

I've got my piece of Highland Room floor under my bed ... get well mate cause I want it signed now :)

The rights and wrongs of what his vision of the scene was, or is,  is of no consequence..   

Politics plays no part here  ..  

His name is entrenched in the Halls of Fame of Northern Soul ..and music in general except for maybe the productions with Dollar and fellow scouser Tiffany :( ...  

Liverpool Lads give you a big shout out mate ..  and a very speedy recovery ( one of us  made a full recovery from a stroke himself 7 years ago ... Steve , Phil and Mad Sam !!  ) 

Edited by stevegods
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Echo previous statement re politics = meaningless at times like this. I was a regular visitor to the Highland Room in the mid 70s and although I didn't realise it at the time, those visits influenced the rest of my life, and the 2 blokes who were responsible were Ian & Colin. So fingers crossed for a speedy & full recovery.

Social source share

Had a few silly run-ins with Ian on here in the past & i sort of regret them now, can't unfortunately turn the clock back but i can at least be better going forward.

Having dealt with death & serious illness in recent years in mine & Sam's family it makes you reappraise things & put things into perspective.

So as a fellow soul & Dr Who fan i really hope Ian makes a full recovery & can get back to living & enjoying his life to the full. x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!