Was There A Vocal Version Of 6 X? 6

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've heard a vocal (female) to 6x6 but think it was a tailor made and pretty dire. Fairly sure I've got an RA somewhere....

link

Lyrics along the lines of "My world is only 6*6, a room made of bricks"?

IIRC, this is Earl Van Dyke and The Andantes - think it was a MotorCity tailor made.

And yes, it was pretty dire

Social source share

There is definately a vocal to 6x6.  Forget the artist but it's a Motown acetate and it is utter shite, absolutley terrible.  John Pugh owns it.#

There ios also a 70' or 80's version too, that could be tailopr made but thats even worse than the studio acetate version  :thumbsup:   :huh:

link

Chalky beat me to it this time, it does exist though, I've heard it, seen it, held it, and even sniffed the acetate.

And he's right, when you hear you it's pretty clear why it never got past the acetate stage. It was apparently done as an audition by someone who's name I forget at Motown

Social source share

Chalky beat me to it this time, it does exist though, I've heard it, seen it, held it, and even sniffed the acetate.

And he's right, when you hear you it's pretty clear why it never got past the acetate stage. It was apparently done as an audition by someone who's name I forget at Motown

link

I surprised he got through the bloody door at Motown never mind in the studio :thumbsup:

Social source share

Lyrics along the lines of "My world is only 6*6, a room made of bricks"?

IIRC, this is Earl Van Dyke and The Andantes - think it was a MotorCity tailor made.

And yes, it was pretty dire

link

Yep, that's the one... and for your listening err pleasure....

Social source share

Thats not the original one tho'...told you it was a crock o shite  :thumbsup:   I don't think there is an RA or mp3 of the acetate one.

link

How bad is the original one compared to that ?

That one must be a motor city effort (If thats the right word)

Social source share

Now which people were arguing that vocals made a tune more soulful. Yes, I know the tune has been messed about  with, too. But doesn't that sort of prove that a vocal doen't always help ...especially a silly one?

Thanks a lot ,Rachel.

link

I agree entirely but the instrumental isn't soulful either :huh::lol::thumbsup:

Social source share

dave rimmer being "the most used" reference tonight

from scenesville site a clip of his review from when John Pugh guested....

John started off with The Vondells followed by Little John. Full dancefloor ensued for the rest of the set. The busiest it got was for the vocal to 'Six By Six', although people hadn't realised it was the vocal when they started dancing.

think I was there that night but can't remember hearing it, have spoke to John about it recently but doesn't give a lot away

this clipped from link put up earlier

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!