Modern Scene Echoes Scans

Simon M

Les Fisher's early spots were fantastic, he always dug out some surprises.  It's a shame those late 80's London nights, seem not to get the recognition they really derserved as some great music was played.  I also picked up some really nice bits there.  I also have a fond memories of Ivor head bobbing up and down, when playing Jessie Henderson.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Very true John as they were great times as well as Parkers and the fleetwood/ Southport Weekenders. Another night that never gets a mention is the Side Door soul club with Gary Thomas, Tony Rounce, Mole, Ivor Jones plus guests. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

i used to love those Jools gigs, absolutely wonderful times. Hearing so many tunes i had never heard before plus all the great Scottish guys Jim,Peter, Speedy etc that were living in London at the time.

They were A great bunch of  lads Mark , great to see Jim at your 50th.

Social source share

I have a cutting of a sales add i put in Echoes somewhere,cant find it at moment but can remember i had JJ Johnson @ £100,King Moses @ £150 and SPG @ £50 funny thing is i only sold JJ Johnson from the add.

Was probably about 87/88.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Where was that taken Mark?? I had hair back then.

I can't remember Chris but I have a few more from the same night. I think it was either Norwich or somewhere like Cambridgeshire? 

I'm fairly sure its out towards your way, does the rather fetching artexed walls not ring any bells? 

Social source share

I can't remember Chris but I have a few more from the same night. I think it was either Norwich or somewhere like Cambridgeshire? 

I'm fairly sure its out towards your way, does the rather fetching artexed walls not ring any bells? 

Not a clue mate,just noticed its the same lp box i had round yours for that mix :) wonder what we were talking about?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!