Boy's V Girls

Guest Northern Nige

Guest Northern Nige

I have many fave tracks, both male and female vocals.

But given a choice, I think I would rather listen to female vocals (not that male are bad in any way, just a slight preferance)

What do you all prefere

Do males prefere female vocals?

Do females prefere male vocals?

Let the mahem begin

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

But given a choice, I think I would rather listen to female vocals (not that male are bad in any way, just a slight preferance)

What do you all prefere

Let the mahem begin

Either. :)

Social source share

What do you all prefere

Let the mahem begin

Girlie vocals hit the spot for me :thumbsup:

Steve

Social source share

What do you all prefere

Let the mahem begin

must say i have a slight leaning towards the female soul vocal

some of them can make the hairs on yer neck stand up , know

what i mean.. :wicked::thumbsup:

Social source share

What do you all prefere

Let the mahem begin

Generally I'm drawn like a moth to a flame when it comes to female vocals and there are too many to mention, but if the male vocals are strong and unusual then that does it for me too. For example, the first time I heard the Tomangoes or Gene Toones I was totally bowled over. Garland Green has a great voice too.

Funny as well how I don't like certain artists voices, like I'm not keen on Chuck Jackson especially singing "Girls, Girls, Girls" or anything Luther Vandross does, but I love Roy Hamilton.

BTW Garland Green is on his way to you in the post

Kev

Social source share

must say i have a slight leaning towards the female soul vocal

some of them can make the hairs on yer neck stand up , know

what i mean.. :wicked::thumbsup:

Well i'm a bit bi vocal, so long as the singer touches my soul, I really don't mind,Delxx

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

I love girlie mid-tempo - don't know why but I think girls just do it that bit better, don't get me wrong some male vocals are incredible, but I just prefer female voices where soul music is concerned

ohh...what a surprise....ha ha ha ha ha :thumbsup:

Social source share

I love girlie mid-tempo - don't know why but I think girls just do it that bit better, don't get me wrong some male vocals are incredible, but I just prefer female voices where soul music is concerned

I guess we're talking "nice" records here, are we? :thumbsup::lol:

Joking apart, a couple of weeks ago I played two sets at a mixed night. Later I noticed that all but two records from the soul set were female vocals and all but three from the R&B set were male vocals. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Northern Nige

:wicked: Big thx Kev, look forward to hearing it, cdr in post tomorrow, wife bought wrong size jiffy

Many thx again :thumbsup:

Social source share

I guess we're talking "nice" records here, are we? :thumbsup::D

Joking apart, a couple of weeks ago I played two sets at a mixed night. Later I noticed that all but two records from the soul set were female vocals and all but three from the R&B set were male vocals. :wicked:

:lol::D not heard any for a while now, getting withdrawal symptoms :D

Social source share

Must say i mainly swing towards the male vocal, how ever theres nothing more pleasing that some girly midtempo or uptempo for that matter.

Social source share

Males males males. :shhh: I really like male group harmonies.

There are few things worse in the world of soul than hearing squeeky teenage girls singing out of key. The female voices I like tend to be deeper and sound a bit masculine.

Social source share

Males males males. :D I really like male group harmonies.

There are few things worse in the world of soul than hearing squeeky teenage girls singing out of key. The female voices I like tend to be deeper and sound a bit masculine.

fair point regards your preference, but what about patti austin - ive given all my love, teenager when she recorded this, squeeky i dont think soooo :shhh:

Social source share

I like mid-tempo screamy shouty haunting girly stuff best...

don't look for something, nothings there

he'll disappoint you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, YEAHHHHHH

Social source share

fair point regards your preference, but what about patti austin - ive given all my love, teenager when she recorded this, squeeky i dont think soooo :lol:

No, she sounds like a full-grown woman, but I didn't say all were squeeky! Still would have prefered a male version though. :ohmy:

Also, I don't think it's always down to the vocal performance itself. I'd say that generally girls were given a slightly different type of songs to record. The type that was more "easy listening" with innocent lyrics and not so raw and obscure-sounding (like they've recorded it in a garage or something), which I like. I've never been the girlie-girl. :lol: There are of course numerous examples of the vice versa, but it's still a tendency I think.

Social source share

Guest southpaw

What do you all prefere

Let the mahem begin

Either as long as the tune hit's the spot couple of examples

Barbara Lynn - Your losing me :ohmy::lol:

Johnny Sayles - I cant get enough :lol::lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!