Banned For Life For Posting On Whitby

Mike

That would be nice wouldn't it. Fat chance.

Please don't destroy Kevs events completely though.

There is a very real danger that if he closes all his venues completely the decent clubs could be inundated with fisty-vest-beer-towelled-beer-bellied blokes in ridiculous flarey kecks nattering on in bingo accents about the good old days, and women in big silly flary skirts and ankle socks spinning round and showing off their chunky unsightly liver-spotted legs while taking up half the dancefloor, and we wouldn't be able to park outside because of the line of crazy cars with numberplates like 50UL4UL and stickers in the back windows proclaiming that "Northern Soul is a way of life" or those helpfully informing the rest of the world that It'll never be over for them. And every time the DJ played a record even if it was an entirely new discovery they'd start banging on about how they once had 170,000 copies of it but they swapped them all for a packet of Quavers and a hamster's cage back in 1957, and yes they do realise that 1957 seems a little early but we have to bear in mind that they did in fact invent the whole thing and it's not like it were in their day, and they remember when all this were dancers as far as the eye could see, and every single one of them would have necked 4kg of speed and washed down 3000 black bombers with their milk stout and oh f*** off.

Just say yes to KR events.

No offence like. If you are from Darlington and have the numberplate 50UL4UL and a sticker in your back window and a wife who wears flary skirts and eats maize based snacks and keeps hamsters then please be assured that any similarities to you are completely unintentional. I wouldn't want to offend anybody.

Brilliant post..........so sad but oh so true......lol

Social source share

• Replies 297
  • Views 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Kev Roberts who???? who??????who????

keep Northern Soul alive go to a local venue that plays Northern soul

those Punters that need a disco sounds please go to a KR disco he gives you rebate :yes:

& GIVE THE thumbsup.gif a ><> ><> ><>

we love :::::Margaret H :yes: a true soulie

Social source share

No it's more likely to be a record on Beggars Banquet by Ivor Biggun & the Red Nosed Burglars. ph34r.gif

Nice Demo ...... Or are they " Promos " these days thanks to Corrie ?

At last ! I have found someone as sad as me if the 45 shown is from your collection : I have " Grandad " by Clive Dunn on a G & W UK Columbia Demo & " Give Us A Kiss For Christmas " by Freddie " Parrotface " Davis on a R & W HMV Demo . Don't ask ..... I know I'll have to get out more .

Malc Burton

Social source share

got some emails about next wednesdays V&A ska & northern free allday (Ade, Andy Smith, Keb, tricksta and more , looks really good value and interestin. from 13.00-18.00 showing the film "long after tonight" and a documentary bout WHITBY WEEKENDER is this the 1 and the same?

Oh and Mag's is banned from our gigs, dont want no ghastly liver stained legs here, especially as we have newspaper photographer at next 1 ph34r.gif

Social source share

got some emails about next wednesdays V&A ska & northern free allday (Ade, Andy Smith, Keb, tricksta and more , looks really good value and interestin. from 13.00-18.00 showing the film "long after tonight" and a documentary bout WHITBY WEEKENDER is this the 1 and the same?

Oh and Mag's is banned from our gigs, dont want no ghastly liver stained legs here, especially as we have newspaper photographer at next 1 :lol:

Your banned from the butty mine then ph34r.gif:huh::lol:

i had the same email too and i think Kirsty is due a few quid on royalties cos i reckon this is the promo cover for the film when it comes out on DVD

post-231-1154690801.jpg

Edited by Sister Dawn
Social source share

Hi

As a follow up to all the goings on at Whitby, I have just had this sent to me by KR!

..... Following the huge success of Whitby 06(!!??** lol wink.gif, Goldsoul are pleased to announce TWO Weekenders at the Whitby Pavilion in 2007.Firstly, the regular Summer event, July 6-8 is almost a sell-out already. Tickets priced £30 are available from the Whitby Tourist Office 01947-602124. The 2nd date, in conjunction with VIP Radio is October 5-7, 2007. ~ Please feel free to cut and paste this onto any other messge board you belong to! Cheers Paddy

Well I wonder if Mags will get VIP treatment for these !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Free the Whitby One

Edited by Sister Dawn
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Hi

Tickets priced £30 are available from the Whitby Tourist Office 01947-602124.

Alternatively tickets priced 30p are avialable from the bald man (the one with long grey hair) in the pub over the road.

Social source share

Hi

As a follow up to all the goings on at Whitby, I have just had this sent to me by KR!

..... Following the huge success of Whitby 06(!!??** lol wink.gif, Goldsoul are pleased to announce TWO Weekenders at the Whitby Pavilion in 2007.Firstly, the regular Summer event, July 6-8 is almost a sell-out already. Tickets priced £30 are available from the Whitby Tourist Office 01947-602124. The 2nd date, in conjunction with VIP Radio is October 5-7, 2007. ~ Please feel free to cut and paste this onto any other messge board you belong to! Cheers Paddy

Well I wonder if Mags will get VIP treatment for these !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Free the Whitby One

Any body going to these Writbygate promo`s must be mad,who do i see for one of these cheapo` tikcets?.............. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Perhaps it's just my sense of humour, but a Registered letter only costs a couple of quid, and all the promoters wouldn't like the embarrassing situation of someone turning up at their venue because they didn't know they had been banned would they :P
Social source share

Perhaps it's just my sense of humour, but a Registered letter only costs a couple of quid, and all the promoters wouldn't like the embarrassing situation of someone turning up at their venue because they didn't know they had been banned would they :P

[/quote

Crazy thing is though, he doesn't know what Mags looks like. She could walk into any of his events and he wouldn't know!

Social source share

Very funny :P but does this mean Mag's is also a bit err chunky. Why hasnt she been ridiculed for going to his night in the first place by the Soul Police??????

Ive never knowingly bought or attended KRL stuff. It wont make much difference tho, most who attend his events probably aint on here, aint interested in the politics and wouldnt attend many other do's as they'd feel it a little daunting attending venues where everyone dresses correctly, knows all the tunes, shuffles real cool and dont welcome "outsiders" pigeon holeing them as sad returnees or young upstarts who know nowt.

As I see it he caters for the less serious, either other promoters dont want them or have been unable to attract them.

Just like the rumours about djs playing non originals, we were told "the sh*ts gonna hit the fan" "names were gonna be named" ..as usual nothing happened and it all quitened down either it was true or someone was telling porkies in first place.

As for askin the dj's to stop djn, whose gonna compensate them, their not guilty.

As said am not one of his fans, he's made yet another unsouly error but its not the first time is it.

danny

I'd rather be a "chunky" than have an attitude like yours. So what's so bad about not being so SERIOUS? No-one deserves to get ripped off.

And as for why wasn't I ridiculed, who do you think you are - the original Mr Northern Soul.

Or have I mis-interpreted you?

Social source share

At the end of the day.... Kev Roberts only gets away with what we (as in 'the soul scene') let him get away with.

If... after all this... he gets to carry on as before... ripping people off... bullying... threatening etc.... then shame on us.... ALL OF US!!

It's about time we all stopped sitting on the fence with this.... and let him know that it's not ok to treat people the way he does.

BUT.... this needs to be done in significant enough numbers to hit him the only place it will hurt... HIS POCKET.

So what are the chances of that happening?

..... i know what i think... and this is one time i'm praying that i'm proved wrong.

Social source share

At the end of the day.... Kev Roberts only gets away with what we (as in 'the soul scene') let him get away with.

If... after all this... he gets to carry on as before... ripping people off... bullying... threatening etc.... then shame on us.... ALL OF US!!

It's about time we all stopped sitting on the fence with this.... and let him know that it's not ok to treat people the way he does.

BUT.... this needs to be done in significant enough numbers to hit him the only place it will hurt... HIS POCKET.

..... i know what i think... and this is one time i'm praying that i'm proved wrong.

On your side Goldsoul banished KR Promos also Banished,flyers banished

:P:yes:

Social source share

well I am praying with you on this one too JJ, we have a unity in the music we listen to, we have a unity on the dance floor, now lets as soul people have a unity on this one. Lets have a "unity" weekender at Whitby at a time and venue of our own, I only went once to the pavillion, and never again, and the highlight and the best part of the weekend for me was the soul night across the road at that big pub on the corner (forgotten its name) It was amazing.

Social source share

Kev Robber ---ts has got it made im afraid---The beer towel brigade will still attend his venues in their droves ---its about time somebody told them there is a soul scene post 1978. Still a fool and his money eh.

Social source share

Kev Robber ---ts has got it made im afraid---The beer towel brigade will still attend his venues in their droves ---its about time somebody told them there is a soul scene post 1978. Still a fool and his money eh.

I must admit that I am one of those "beer towel brigade" girls but DO NOT attend his venues for many of the reasons already stated in this post and past posts, thats not what this scene is about, and bullying and intimidating other kindred souls that have a love of soul music is dispicable.

His principles lay truly in the heart of his back pocket, let him have his venues, may they be filled with handbaggers, whom kick off, at the length of the bar queue/ the way they are herded into venues like teenagers/ asked to leave cause someone fcuked up big style.... bet they won't accept it like we have done for so long.

Social source share

Beer towel brigade,a few posters on soul source :unsure: i find this post questionable,the thread is about,KR and Writbygate,not beer towel`ers v chinstrokers,etc,this post aint gonna` win over any of your beer towel brigade with this type of post :tumbleweed3: ,apart from maybe the biggest beer towel`er in the world,KR himself.

:D

Edited by ken
Social source share

Beer towel brigade,a few posters on soul source :unsure: i find this post questionable,the thread is about,KR and Writbygate,not beer towel`ers v chinstrokers,etc,this post aint gonna` win over any of your beer towel brigade with this type of post :tumbleweed3: ,apart from maybe the biggest beer towel`er in the world,KR himself.

:D

Little did u know Kev Roberts lost everything in the early 90's down to soul venu's all he had was the shirt on his back never keep a good man down so credit is due i'm not to sure on the towel brigade i'm up and down the country to all-nighters there's only 1 person I see with a towel round his waist and that's black carl and he's no div. Billy

Social source share

I think this is starting to get a bit hysterical. There seems to be a building resentment in some quarters for the people who attend KRL do's??? whistling.gif

Surely everyone can decide for themselves whether to support KR events in future? A good few from here won't I reckon... and in the end it probably won't make that much difference but its a matter of individual conscience.

Social source share

and in the end it probably won't make that much difference but its a matter of individual conscience.

And yet you're right.... At the end of the day he's only going to get the ones that only ever go out once or twice a year there. :yes:whistling.gif:thumbsup::ohmy::yes::yes:

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

Well, I've just got back from a week in Majorca. Thought I would have a quick look on here to see what I was missing, to read this.

To be honest, it dosent suprise me in the least that Mags has got a letter banning her.

I received 2 pm's from Mr Roberts, one of which banned me for life. I would post it up here, if I knew how to. Not quite sure if he has a picture of me, like one of them wanted posters at all his venues thumbsup.gif

I've not had any letters from him, then again he hasnt got my address, they would get returned to sender if he did.

I havent read everyones posts in great detail, as I am absolutely knackered, just been reading this while waiting for my washing to finish. I did laugh at Andy BB's post though, especially as my & the hubby used to live in Darlington :thumbsup:

Kirstyx

Social source share

Some one calling mi m8 Carl

Any one out there know his or her address for I need to send some one a registered letter he he he

Kev Roberts :thumbsup: never lost everything!! he is a business man first and last don't let him fool you

Any way regarding Whitby weekender next year I do believe that the damage has been done true soulies "punters" are fed up with being let down

Edited by Dendog
Social source share

Some one calling mi m8 Carl

Any one out there know his or her address for I need to send some one a registered letter he he he

Kev Roberts :thumbsup: never lost everything!! he is a business man first and last don't let him fool you

Any way regarding Whitby weekender next year I do believe that the damage has been done true soulies "punters" are fed up with being let down

Hi I recone I must know you or at least have seen you about..I am a regular visitor to forest town , and I know Carl

went to The Whitby fiasco..wont go again

KR has got his matlock Doo this weekend...still not sure what to do .mates wanna go

hopefully it wont bother annersley to much,its a great venue in my opinion

Regards..Bazza

Social source share

According to that earlier posting though it says Whitby next year is almost sold out! Just wondered what the thoughts are, is this accurate or not do you think?

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

According to that earlier posting though it says Whitby next year is almost sold out! Just wondered what the thoughts are, is this accurate or not do you think?

Cheers

Paddy

Nearly every promoter uses this tacktic to sell tickets, jumps people to book up if they are slightly thinking about it, seen it plenty of times and then the place is half empty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Well, I've just got back from a week in Majorca. Thought I would have a quick look on here to see what I was missing, to read this.

To be honest, it dosent suprise me in the least that Mags has got a letter banning her.

I received 2 pm's from Mr Roberts, one of which banned me for life. I would post it up here, if I knew how to. Not quite sure if he has a picture of me, like one of them wanted posters at all his venues :thumbsup:

I've not had any letters from him, then again he hasnt got my address, they would get returned to sender if he did.

I havent read everyones posts in great detail, as I am absolutely knackered, just been reading this while waiting for my washing to finish. I did laugh at Andy BB's post though, especially as my & the hubby used to live in Darlington :ohmy:

Kirstyx

Don't suppose Kirsty, if he had asked if you had a nice holiday babe :angry:

Well another soul girl gets abuse in the form of an email, please feel free to mail me one to KR if your reading this, cos i believe in unity on the northern scene.

Social source share

Little did u know Kev Roberts lost everything in the early 90's down to soul venu's all he had was the shirt on his back never keep a good man down so credit is due i'm not to sure on the towel brigade i'm up and down the country to all-nighters there's only 1 person I see with a towel round his waist and that's black carl and he's no div. Billy

He wasn't around through the 80s and early 90s so I doubt if he lost money on soul dos. I thought he lost dosh on other ventures and got it back by jumping on the increased interest in Northern.

Social source share

Cheers

Paddy

Who exactly was it that said it was nearly sold out? Wouldn't be KR by any chance? :thumbsup:

KR's partner, Mr Snow, told me last week that they'd had 300 tickets returned for Whitby. So how could next year, after all that's happened this year, be a sell out?

Anyway, I've contacted my crystal ball and it tells me that there's something bigger and better coming up. So my advice is (and no-one has to take it but don't say I didn't tell you so), don't buy in haste, watch this space!

Mystic Mags

Social source share

He wasn't around through the 80s and early 90s so I doubt if he lost money on soul dos. I thought he lost dosh on other ventures and got it back by jumping on the increased interest in Northern.

Well theres a surprise Ady :thumbsup: , abused even then were we? ? not gonna swear but i think the word I need to describe involves self pleasure of the male kind. :angry: :angry:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

The only thing wrong with this thread is that Kev Roberts isn't able to come on and explain what's happened. Dunno if that's because he can't or he won't, but it would be very helpful to hear the other side of events.

He is a member on here though isn't he? He has posted in the past because he used to tell us how great his nights are. I suspect that he can't be arsed, probably in his counting house counting out his money.

Or maybe he has got stuck in the door of a pie shop?

Social source share

He is a member on here though isn't he? He has posted in the past because he used to tell us how great his nights are. I suspect that he can't be arsed, probably in his counting house counting out his money.

Or maybe he has got stuck in the door of a pie shop?

I think he's been booted (ahem).

Didya remember the dvd's, he asks, expecting the answer no :lol:

Social source share

The only thing wrong with this thread is that Kev Roberts isn't able to come on and explain what's happened. Dunno if that's because he can't or he won't, but it would be very helpful to hear the other side of events.

I thought he put his side of the story on the original Whitby thread Pete. Calling people hooligans etc etc.

Think he also denied (in reply to a post by Mike) banning anybody from his events, despite apparent evidence to the contrary.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!