Banned For Life For Posting On Whitby

Mike

I know you feel you're untouchable, but you must know that this will be talked about, and when things go the word of mouth route they can get exaggerated. Much better you make some sort of statement either withdrawing the ban, or explaining it!

Winnie:-)

Be good to start from the begining IMO, as to what really happened at whitby.

Social source share

• Replies 297
  • Views 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Anyway now there are (at least) 2 of us banned so dont get too pissed off as for sure the numbers will grow and maybe some promoter will hold events stricktly for those banned from KRL only.

EDDIE CARTER

I dont think there would be one single promoter in the whole world who would back up Kev with this 'nation wide banning' simple dont go to his events your welcome at every single other event in the country.

Its time to start showing Kev how we stick together, and ban ourselfs from his events, he will soon get the message

Social source share

Its time to start showing Kev how we stick together, and ban ourselfs from his events, he will soon get the message

:shhh:

I'm actually considering a return of his silly little book. In shreds.

He comes across as a wannabe dictator. That gives him a prominent position on my list of people who I will never deal with again.

Social source share

Be good to start from the begining IMO, as to what really happened at whitby.

Thats why there are the threats of legal action going round. To stop that story coming out.

I know of someone who has an email threatening legal action and even naming the solicitor to be used. He's away at the minute but he is expecting a ban.

Social source share

Anyway now there are (at least) 2 of us banned so dont get too pissed off as for sure the numbers will grow and maybe some promoter will hold events stricktly for those banned from KRL only.

EDDIE CARTER

Edited by ken
Social source share

Thats why there are the threats of legal action going round. To stop that story coming out.

Thats the thing though Steve he hasn't got a legal leg to stand on :shhh: its a joke

Edited by Baz
Social source share

Well can't belive this one, sure most of you remeber the Whitby thread from a few weeks ago

In amongst it all a member posted up a post from a soul fan who had been at Whitby.

Had word today that the person who had wrote the post Margaret H has just been sent by registered mail a letter from Kev Roberts

been told that the registered letters purpose was to inform her that he is banning her for life from all his events s and is going to circulate her name to other promoters, along with legal threats if she posts similar in future

as the post was posted on here, have to say that to read that a soul fan has had such action taken against them by a promoter is disturbing, and as it concerns such a subject as that ticket fiasco at Whitby, then do have to wonder just why such strong action is being taken against someone posting their views on here

Bollocks. Ignore it - unless she (and anyone else) wants to pursue refund and compensation claims of course and maybe you should. I'm sure if you all grouped together and got representation................

Puffed up little men like KR are an unfortunate part of this scene (and many other "scenes"). It's partly our own fault though, sometimes we forget that it is about music and not personalities.

Please add me to the list of people to send a terribly official letter to Kev, as a music lover, whatever you do "It'll NEVER Be Over For Me"

J.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

its nothing to do with me but is this man so far up his own greedy arse he can see his brain cell,

punters thats all we are punters !!!!! :angry:

Social source share

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Just wondering that whenever said person (doesnt feel right typing gentlemen because he has shown that he isnt one, maybe diety fits the bill in his own world :lol: ) turns up to a soul night that isnt run by his organisation, does he pay to get in like us mere mortals to assist with the running and upkeep of that location or does he expect to be waved through like royalty ? I'm beginning to think that NS in this context means Nazi Soul. As of now I'm voting with my wallet and will not now or in the future purchase anything to do with that organisation until we see a full and frank apology & an explanation. :ohmy: Of course if this does happen I will be phoning the Weather Channel first to ascertain if indeed Hell has frozen over :lol: I know it isnt much but if we all refused to purchase anything produced by this organisation, Magazines, CD's, tickets etc they/he may feel the pinch and come clean :lol:

To the young lady who received the registered letter you have my support and I'm sure that you will have a warm welcome at any soul night you attend in the future.

:lol: :dance:

Social source share

I know it isnt much but if we all refused to purchase anything produced by this organisation, Magazines, CD's, tickets etc they/he may feel the pinch and come clean :ohmy:

Thats what needs to be done, and has to be done, spread the word, do not buy KRL.......

Social source share

On the face of it a sad and disgraceful situation, and all because of a complaint. Sad when you can't air an grievance for fear of legal action. Kev, if you read this thread, and I'm sure you are/will either in person or via someone sending it on, you maybe should reconsider your actions, or at least tell us why you've taken such a drastic decision. I know you feel you're untouchable, but you must know that this will be talked about, and when things go the word of mouth route they can get exaggerated. Much better you make some sort of statement either withdrawing the ban, or explaining it!

Winnie:-)

Didn't he explain that he can't talk about things until the police have finished their investigations or was that just the question of how many wristbands were made available? :lol:

That question was never answered so guess the Old Bills investigations continue? :lol:

Any spare memberships of the banned club please PM me :ohmy::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

To the young lady who received the registered letter you have my support and I'm sure that you will have a warm welcome at any soul night you attend in the future.

:lol: :dance:

Baz

Thats what needs to be done, and has to be done, spread the word, do not buy KRL.......

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

SWEETSOUL ON SAME LINES AND HORNECASTLE

:lol::lol:

margaret pm me, you are more than welcome to come to the new east anglian soul club venue in peterborough in october, i for one have taken vip radio off my favs list, will never buy from that record source again and will remove KR link from www.playsforplaytime.org don't sound much but shows solidarity, we're with you margaret.

mick cooper

playsforplaytime

east anglian soul club

:ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Simon

i've only ever been to one of his events & won't be going to any in the future!

I also won't ever buy any of his cds, books or any other products again!

Power to the real Soul people!

Simon Castro :angry:

Social source share

i've only ever been to one of his events & won't be going to any in the future!

I also won't ever buy any of his cds, books or any other products again!

Power to the real Soul people!

Simon Castro :angry:

Lets hope that the Dj's support us too guys and gals if they got soul, specially those booked for matlock, Blackpool, Cleethorpes, Ilkeston, Morecambe, Stoke,

Edited by Sister Dawn
Social source share

There's only one way to hurt people like him.... in his pocket!

All the Northern Soul scene is to him is a money ticket.

He has exploited people on the scene again and again by taking advantage of their good nature and their willingness to give people the benefit of the doubt ...

'All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.'

I think it's about time we all stopped sitting on the fence and let him know it's not ok to treat people the way he does.

Social source share

, i for one have taken vip radio off my favs list,

:lol:

Hi Coops

Now then young man, there should only be one radio station listed in your favourites!! lol :ohmy: ...NSR!

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

Guest Northern Nige

What happened to freedom of speech and expression?

I think some people who have been very fortunate in life, getting a lucky break at 17, and making a living from what is infact a hobby, shouldnt get stations above their head.

Me thinks he should get his feet back on the ground, look in the mirror, and take a hard look at himself, he owe's his last 30ish years to people like 'Mags'.

Just who died and made him God? wanker.gif

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

i got a message once that he was trying to find out who i was because of something i said about him

:thumbsup:

he's welcome to ban me from his events - cos they're crap

it's funny that he never tries to have a pop at us southerners - he obviously knows that coming inside the M25 to try his puerile harassment routines is likely to be hazardous

my view has always been give him enough rope to hang himself - which he seems to have done without any help from the people who have been treated with contempt over the years

anyway, he's obviously now finished in the northern soul promoting business

it would be charitable to wish him good luck in his retirement :wicked:

Social source share

Hi Coops

Now then young man, there should only be one radio station listed in your favourites!! lol :thumbsup: ...NSR!

Cheers

Paddy

vip was on my fav list, NSR is on my essential list right next to my insulin and the very air that i breathe (did i get away with it!!!) :wicked:

i've put "free the whitby one. don't ban margarte" on the front page of my web site, any other web masters (and web mistressess) gonna follow!!

Social source share

I've had an email off Margaret Hey asking me to put the following up as she is still not able to join Soul Source.

Due to the enormous support I have had from people who all share the same thoughts about a certain individual, I thought I should say a huge thank you. Still unable to post myself so Mandy has kindly offered to do it for me.

Mr Roberts has threatened me yet again with legal action if I post anything else up (what's this if it isn't victimisation, defamation of character by passing my details onto other promoters, not to mention the data protection act - exactly where did you get my address from? threats, bullying, emotional trauma etc etc).

By the time Mr Roberts and his associates have finished, they will have dug themselves so deep, they will have reached Australia. Something that I didn't mention before was about the chap selling the forgeries, I was told that he was bald headed, not one single hair in sight. On Sunday night at the Met, Mr Roberts associates asked a chap to leave the venue because -according to them - "That's him who's been selling the forged tickets." I witnessed this myself. The point being, this chap who was asked to leave had a full head of grey hair (I wonder what shampoo he uses). So was there more than one of them? I have been told that Mr Snow has been asking around to see if anyone knew me so I rang him to ask why. When I put this to him about this incident, he told me that there had not been one, and no, not even two, but three of them selling forged tickets.

According to Mr Snow, who by the way says as he is an equal partner with Mr Roberts and so must take half of the blame, the case is going to court today regarding the forged tickets. And, apparently the police have all the tickets. So hopefully, they will be able to see how many forgeries there were. So if this is the case then hopefully one of them can come on the site and give us some answers.

Thank you again for all the support.

I will be selling signed photos to pay for my legal fees.

Mags

Social source share

Well can't belive this one, sure most of you remeber the Whitby thread from a few weeks ago

In amongst it all a member posted up a post from a soul fan who had been at Whitby.

Had word today that the person who had wrote the post Margaret H has just been sent by registered mail a letter from Kev Roberts

been told that the registered letters purpose was to inform her that he is banning her for life from all his events s and is going to circulate her name to other promoters, along with legal threats if she posts similar in future

as the post was posted on here, have to say that to read that a soul fan has had such action taken against them by a promoter is disturbing, and as it concerns such a subject as that ticket fiasco at Whitby, then do have to wonder just why such strong action is being taken against someone posting their views on here

anyway thats a factual view of it...

post banned for "life" for is below

and whitby thread is

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=30941

I'm not a big poster on this site but a friend as just emailed me this which she has sent to the promotors and because she cannot post on this site as asked if I do it for her !

Me and my wife were also there and my wife got a black eye in all the commotion plus I also don't agree with one of the comments in this thread about baring soulies who were there from other events ! Soulies are not hooligans !

Anyway see email below !

Kev I have just been on the soul-source web-site and read the e-mails regarding Whitby. Unfortunately, the administrator has closed the site to any new replies so I am taking this opportunity to warn you of the information that I intend to distribute among the hundreds of "misinformed" people. I had a very polite conversation with you on Sunday afternoon giving you the chance to explain why the ticket situation arose. I was totally horrified to hear you tell me that all the people who weren't allowed in on Saturday night, had knowingly, bought counterfeit tickets at £10 each and that's why they weren't allowed in. As I then informed you, I was one of those people who was refused entry. Let me remind you that I, along with the many genuine Northern Soul fans of many years, had bought our tickets months ago costing us £25 each. Where did you get that informationt from? If you'd actually had the courage to come upstairs to face us, then you would have seen many very familiar faces. Another lie that surfaced was that you had left the building on Saturday night and that is why Snowy came up to try and calm the situation. This is all fact - I was there. I was told on Saturday morning by a very dependable source that 2000 tickets had been sold. The poor guy you have all chosen as a scapegoat actually only sold 30 tickets. As for the so-called allocated 1500 wristbands, there was another full box waiting to be used by yourselves. Can you tell me what colour wrist bands were used for New York? As Friday night was well over the maximum capacity allowed for the venue, there were complaints and the authorities were informed and that's why there was a clamp down on Saturday night. Realising your greediness couldn't be explained away, I wouldn't be surprised if you planted that poor chap outside - your scapegoat! On Saturday night, when the police eventually arrived, we were told by them at around midnight that they were going to close the event. You, as promoter, then panicked and started asking people to leave - how desparate was that! Have you refunded their money yet? After waiting for over 2 hours, we were then told that 105 people could go downstairs. By this time and after all the emotional trauma we had been through, we were certainly not in the mood to be dancing. We waited for some compensation and an apology - guess what - we got neither! You didn't even have the decency to say SORRY - you just defended yourselves and put the blame on someone else!!! So, a message to all the people who can't understand what all the fuss is about, put yourselves in our shoes. We had looked forward to this event all year, paid our money, travelled miles and got stabbed in the back in return. One more point - I hope no-one buys their tickets yet for next year's event because when the police and council in Whitby have had their say on the situation, there probably won't be an event. I await your reply. MAGS

Social source share

Guest rasfoz

So it appears if you question mr stalin robersts you will be sent to soul siberia , its a sad state of affairs , oh well its only money issue mo money mo money just like 99% of incidents like the above shambles point too

Social source share

remember something similar at goodyear club a few years back a certain promoter put a soul nite on with a live band (soul survivors) and sold far too many tickets for the room capacity they were like sardines inside he was bombarded with complaints and decided to start refunding once someone threatened to call the fire brigade and get the event stopped because of the fire risk he wasnt happy handing the cash back :angry: oh i nearly forgot,kr you are far too big for your boots :thumbsup:

Edited by wolvessoulboy
Social source share

Guest rasfoz

I've had an email off Margaret Hey asking me to put the following up as she is still not able to join Soul Source.

Due to the enormous support I have had from people who all share the same thoughts about a certain individual, I thought I should say a huge thank you. Still unable to post myself so Mandy has kindly offered to do it for me.

Mr Roberts has threatened me yet again with legal action if I post anything else up (what's this if it isn't victimisation, defamation of character by passing my details onto other promoters, not to mention the data protection act - exactly where did you get my address from? threats, bullying, emotional trauma etc etc).

By the time Mr Roberts and his associates have finished, they will have dug themselves so deep, they will have reached Australia. Something that I didn't mention before was about the chap selling the forgeries, I was told that he was bald headed, not one single hair in sight. On Sunday night at the Met, Mr Roberts associates asked a chap to leave the venue because -according to them - "That's him who's been selling the forged tickets." I witnessed this myself. The point being, this chap who was asked to leave had a full head of grey hair (I wonder what shampoo he uses). So was there more than one of them? I have been told that Mr Snow has been asking around to see if anyone knew me so I rang him to ask why. When I put this to him about this incident, he told me that there had not been one, and no, not even two, but three of them selling forged tickets.

According to Mr Snow, who by the way says as he is an equal partner with Mr Roberts and so must take half of the blame, the case is going to court today regarding the forged tickets. And, apparently the police have all the tickets. So hopefully, they will be able to see how many forgeries there were. So if this is the case then hopefully one of them can come on the site and give us some answers.

Thank you again for all the support.

I will be selling signed photos to pay for my legal fees.

Mags

He might use the same hair studio as mike gatting , shane warne or austin healy :thumbsup::wicked:
Social source share

Guest soul_hull

where's that guy that makes the t-shirts?

here's a design that'll sell like hotcakes :thumbsup:

with all due respect to all, i'm staying well out of this particular hot potato.

Social source share

Im from Middlesbrough,and i now know the guy in question who has been charged with a few offences(innocent untill proven guilty)but let's all just sit back and watch from afar because someone is going to end up with a lot of egg on there face.Enough said i think for now biggrin.gif

Come on Wally... you're dying to spill :D

Social source share

Margaret H "MAGS"

I do hope that you will read this but don't let KR put any pressure on you because he's full of himself. Its with out doubt we soulies will win, he cant bully you or any other you are welcome at The Fez and KR is not

AND HE DOESN'T NEED TO BAN ME FROM HIS VENUES I HAVE ALREADY DONE IT

Edited by Dendog
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Lets hope that the Dj's support us too guys and gals if they got soul, specially those booked for matlock, Blackpool, Cleethorpes, Ilkeston, Morecambe, Stoke,

That would be nice wouldn't it. Fat chance.

Please don't destroy Kevs events completely though.

There is a very real danger that if he closes all his venues completely the decent clubs could be inundated with fisty-vest-beer-towelled-beer-bellied blokes in ridiculous flarey kecks nattering on in bingo accents about the good old days, and women in big silly flary skirts and ankle socks spinning round and showing off their chunky unsightly liver-spotted legs while taking up half the dancefloor, and we wouldn't be able to park outside because of the line of crazy cars with numberplates like 50UL4UL and stickers in the back windows proclaiming that "Northern Soul is a way of life" or those helpfully informing the rest of the world that It'll never be over for them. And every time the DJ played a record even if it was an entirely new discovery they'd start banging on about how they once had 170,000 copies of it but they swapped them all for a packet of Quavers and a hamster's cage back in 1957, and yes they do realise that 1957 seems a little early but we have to bear in mind that they did in fact invent the whole thing and it's not like it were in their day, and they remember when all this were dancers as far as the eye could see, and every single one of them would have necked 4kg of speed and washed down 3000 black bombers with their milk stout and oh f*** off.

Just say yes to KR events.

No offence like. If you are from Darlington and have the numberplate 50UL4UL and a sticker in your back window and a wife who wears flary skirts and eats maize based snacks and keeps hamsters then please be assured that any similarities to you are completely unintentional. I wouldn't want to offend anybody.

Edited by Andy BB
Social source share

There is a very real danger that if he closes all his venues completely the decent clubs could be inundated with fisty-vest-beer-towelled-beer-bellied blokes in ridiculous flarey kecks nattering on in bingo accents about the good old days, and women in big silly flary skirts and ankle socks spinning round and showing off their chunky unsightly liver-spotted legs while taking up half the dancefloor, and we wouldn't be able to park outside because of the line of crazy cars with numberplates like 50UL4UL and stickers in the back windows proclaiming that "Northern Soul is a way of life" or those helpfully informing the rest of the world that It'll never be over for them. And every time the DJ played a record even if it was an entirely new discovery they'd start banging on about how they once had 170,000 copies of it but they swapped them all for a packet of Quavers and a hamster's cage back in 1957, and yes they do realise that 1957 seems a little early but we have to bear in mind that they did in fact invent the whole thing and it's not like it were in their day, and they remember when all this were dancers as far as the eye could see, and every single one of them would have necked 4kg of speed and washed down 3000 black bombers with their milk stout and oh f*ck off.

:Dtongue.gif:D

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

There is a very real danger that if he closes all his venues completely the decent clubs could be inundated with fisty-vest-beer-towelled-beer-bellied blokes in ridiculous flarey kecks nattering on in bingo accents about the good old days, and women in big silly flary skirts and ankle socks spinning round and showing off their chunky unsightly liver-spotted legs while taking up half the dancefloor, and we wouldn't be able to park outside because of the line of crazy cars with numberplates like 50UL4UL and stickers in the back windows proclaiming that "Northern Soul is a way of life" or those helpfully informing the rest of the world that It'll never be over for them. And every time the DJ played a record even if it was an entirely new discovery they'd start banging on about how they once had 170,000 copies of it but they swapped them all for a packet of Quavers and a hamster's cage back in 1957, and yes they do realise that 1957 seems a little early but we have to bear in mind that they did in fact invent the whole thing and it's not like it were in their day, and they remember when all this were dancers as far as the eye could see, and every single one of them would have necked 4kg of speed and washed down 3000 black bombers with their milk stout and oh f*** off.

Just say yes to KR events.

No offence like. If you are from Darlington and have the numberplate 50UL4UL and a sticker in your back window and a wife who wears flary skirts and eats maize based snacks and keeps hamsters then please be assured that any similarities to you are completely unintentional. I wouldn't want to offend anybody.

:D You're my hero Andy. Quality sir, quality :D

None of my business, but there's almost always two sides to every story.

However, my mate's wife's sister complained about the food in a restaraunt recently and the owner said that he knew who she is and kicked her out. A few days later a car with obscured number plate reveresed through her shop window and drove off. It's kind of hard to see two sides to that story tongue.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert