Banned For Life For Posting On Whitby

Mike

LOL Andy biggrin.gif However, I know it's not me as my reg is NS GRL haha... and you wouldn't see me dead in a circle skirt eating maize snacks... give me a fucking pizza any day :D

Social source share

• Replies 297
  • Views 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

That would be nice wouldn't it. Fat chance.

Please don't destroy Kevs events completely though.

There is a very real danger that if he closes all his venues completely the decent clubs could be inundated with fisty-vest-beer-towelled-beer-bellied blokes in ridiculous flarey kecks nattering on in bingo accents about the good old days, and women in big silly flary skirts and ankle socks spinning round and showing off their chunky unsightly liver-spotted legs while taking up half the dancefloor, and we wouldn't be able to park outside because of the line of crazy cars with numberplates like 50UL4UL and stickers in the back windows proclaiming that "Northern Soul is a way of life" or those helpfully informing the rest of the world that It'll never be over for them. And every time the DJ played a record even if it was an entirely new discovery they'd start banging on about how they once had 170,000 copies of it but they swapped them all for a packet of Quavers and a hamster's cage back in 1957, and yes they do realise that 1957 seems a little early but we have to bear in mind that they did in fact invent the whole thing and it's not like it were in their day, and they remember when all this were dancers as far as the eye could see, and every single one of them would have necked 4kg of speed and washed down 3000 black bombers with their milk stout and oh f*** off.

Just say yes to KR events.

No offence like. If you are from Darlington and have the numberplate 50UL4UL and a sticker in your back window and a wife who wears flary skirts and eats maize based snacks and keeps hamsters then please be assured that any similarities to you are completely unintentional. I wouldn't want to offend anybody.

:Dtongue.gif:D

In tears. Wheres my beer towel ?

Social source share

Going back then, to 1957 :angry: Oh ok 2006. Whitbygate, the ticket/wristband issue, as a matter of interest has anyone been to the Stoke alnighter? is it true their are touts outside selling tickets? as I have been led to believe, seems vey surprising if there are.

Edited by Sister Dawn
Social source share

There is a very real danger that if he closes all his venues completely the decent clubs could be inundated with fisty-vest-beer-towelled-beer-bellied blokes in ridiculous flarey kecks nattering on in bingo accents about the good old days, and women in big silly flary skirts and ankle socks spinning round and showing off their chunky unsightly liver-spotted legs while taking up half the dancefloor, and we wouldn't be able to park outside because of the line of crazy cars with numberplates like 50UL4UL and stickers in the back windows proclaiming that "Northern Soul is a way of life" or those helpfully informing the rest of the world that It'll never be over for them. And every time the DJ played a record even if it was an entirely new discovery they'd start banging on about how they once had 170,000 copies of it but they swapped them all for a packet of Quavers and a hamster's cage back in 1957, and yes they do realise that 1957 seems a little early but we have to bear in mind that they did in fact invent the whole thing and it's not like it were in their day, and they remember when all this were dancers as far as the eye could see, and every single one of them would have necked 4kg of speed and washed down 3000 black bombers with their milk stout and oh f*** off.

No offence like. If you are from Darlington and have the numberplate 50UL4UL and a sticker in your back window and a wife who wears flary skirts and eats maize based snacks and keeps hamsters then please be assured that any similarities to you are completely unintentional. I wouldn't want to offend anybody.

Another BB Classic..............brilliant, :D

Anastasia Beaverhousen

AKA

QoFxx

Social source share

Just wondered what other promoters he would get to ban Mags? which ones is he talking about? Would anyone ban Mags, Kirsty or someone else from their events just because Kev says so? I dont think so!

Cheers

Paddy

Jesus! What is the Soul Scene turning into?!!! Are other scenes this bad? Len...

NEXT EMBANKMENT FRI SEP 22ND - Andy Pollard, Roger Banks, Dave Vanner + Len.

Social source share

I would suggest people of the soul world to stand up against this type of abuse from mallisious, abnoxious, down right low and dirty promoters, shocking behaviour, and no way to treat people with a view, i would be shocked at people if they even considered putting money in his pocket any more, shame on you if you do....

P.S i look forward to reciving a registard letter, because it wont go in the bin it will go straight up KR arse!

I thought the fat fool had given up with this rubbish!! As I said before a ban from from 'Attilla the Bun' , is the best gift a 'soulie' could receive. Dont be angry, be thankful. This super powerful intellect and legal genius, has obviously identified the person in question as a person of 'soul'. So, in line with his 'poptastic' policy....you have to be banned!! Rejoice!!

I too look forward to a 'retarded'...sorry, 'registered' letter from the the 'bun meister'....

PAUL-S :D

P.S Anyone who can prove, by way of letter or email from the 'Bun', that they are banned from his events, can go on my guest list for soul or nothing. To me you are a 'freedom fighter'

Edited by paul-s
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Blimey. Comp crashed for a week, I have a nervous breakdown wondering what fun i have been missing, and i spend a lunch time reading this.

Bang goes my idea to give my spencers another airing at the 100 club next week. I dont want to be ridiculed by blokes and lasses dressed similiarly to the guests in my parent 40+ year old wedding photo's :D

Social source share

Blimey. Comp crashed for a week, I have a nervous breakdown wondering what fun i have been missing, and i spend a lunch time reading this.

Bang goes my idea to give my spencers another airing at the 100 club next week. I dont want to be ridiculed by blokes and lasses dressed similiarly to the guests in my parent 40+ year old wedding photo's :ohmy:

Ah you'll be alright Mikey, they were Zoot type trousers in them days favoured by the Jazz junk, lets have some modern, bang it to date music brigade of the 8t's :D:D

Anyway Pete wasn't having a go at Stoke, just find it a tad unrealistic that what happened at Whitby, and the selling of "extra tickets" outside one of the other KRL venues thats all laugh.gif seems a bit er... non sympathetic.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

I know what Ken Dodd would have thought... What A Gay Day :D

would have? biggrin.gif

ken hasnt died yet so why dont your write him a letter

Shane

Social source share

has anyone got that somewhat ironic photo of Kev Roberts talking to a Soul Artist at a US "Anti-bootlegging" convention? [/quote

He must have been talkin` KRap!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

would have? :thumbsup:

Shane

Fact: there was a group not so long ago named Ken Dodd's Dad's Dog's Dead.

Anyway Pete wasn't having a go at Stoke, just find it a tad unrealistic that what happened at Whitby, and the selling of "extra tickets" outside one of the other KRL venues thats all :yes: seems a bit er... non sympathetic.

Me?? I don't care, say what you like, nothing to do with me whatsoever!

Social source share

would have? :thumbsup:

Shane

The context of my retort was in a past sense of the fore question, not in respect of whether Mr Dodd is alive or dead at this current time. However, I might compose a short note to the Diddymen to confirm Mr Dodd's life status at present. :yes:

Edited by ♫ Soulgirl ♫
Social source share

There is a very real danger that if he closes all his venues completely the decent clubs could be inundated with fisty-vest-beer-towelled-beer-bellied blokes in ridiculous flarey kecks nattering on in bingo accents about the good old days, and women in big silly flary skirts and ankle socks spinning round and showing off their chunky unsightly liver-spotted legs

Very funny :thumbsup: but does this mean Mag's is also a bit err chunky. Why hasnt she been ridiculed for going to his night in the first place by the Soul Police??????

Ive never knowingly bought or attended KRL stuff. It wont make much difference tho, most who attend his events probably aint on here, aint interested in the politics and wouldnt attend many other do's as they'd feel it a little daunting attending venues where everyone dresses correctly, knows all the tunes, shuffles real cool and dont welcome "outsiders" pigeon holeing them as sad returnees or young upstarts who know nowt.

As I see it he caters for the less serious, either other promoters dont want them or have been unable to attract them.

Just like the rumours about djs playing non originals, we were told "the sh*ts gonna hit the fan" "names were gonna be named" ..as usual nothing happened and it all quitened down either it was true or someone was telling porkies in first place.

As for askin the dj's to stop djn, whose gonna compensate them, their not guilty.

As said am not one of his fans, he's made yet another unsouly error but its not the first time is it.

danny

Social source share

The context of my retort was in a past sense of the fore question, not in respect of whether Mr Dodd is alive or dead at this current time. However, I might compose a short note to the Diddymen to confirm Mr Dodd's life status at present. :yes:

Do the Diddy men,still work down the jam butty`s mine`s?, :thumbsup: and can anybody tell me where in Knotty ash they are located? :yes:

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Margaret H "MAGS"

I do hope that you will read this but don't let KR put any pressure on you because he's full of himself. Its with out doubt we soulies will win, he cant bully you or any other you are welcome at The Fez and KR is not

AND HE DOESN'T NEED TO BAN ME FROM HIS VENUES I HAVE ALREADY DONE IT

Dennis your soulnite ie The Fez!! does this mean you all wear Tommy Cooper Hats :yes::yes::yes: only kidding mate...Great Oldies nite and last time we went i earholed some 70s soul :thumbsup: nice too... :yes:

Social source share

Do the Diddy men,still work down the jam butty`s mine`s?, :thumbsup: and can anybody tell me where in Knotty ash they are located? :yes:

Yes Ken, the Diddy Men are still gamefully employed down the jam butty mines :yes: Arthur Skargill and his flying pickets failed to bring them to a halt and they finally recovered to full production after the miners strikes of the 70s/80s. The parents of Knotty Ash were very glad as they would have nowt for the kiddies school "pack-ups".

I heard a rumour that they are situated behing the Mecca Bingo on East Prescot Road....................but it was just a rumour. :yes:

Anastasia Beaverhousen

AKA

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo
Social source share

Are these the biggest and best jam butty mines in the Uk? :)

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

If a jam butty doesn't come from Knotty Ash it is a "boot" and whoever is responsible for producing it or anyone found eating them will be banned from all my tea parties for life!!!!!! and I will circulate their names to other tea party promoters ensuring they do the same :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo
Social source share

Guest Byrney

I'm in tears :thumbsup::yes:

Social source share

:yes::yes: You have a great way of putting things Andy! :thumbsup:

Social source share

:yes::yes: You have a great way of putting things Andy! :thumbsup:

After consultation with my fellow promoters/alcoholics I have to announce that Kev Roberts

has been banned for life from Solid Hit Soul Club & Soul In The City....................

& thats official :yes:

Social source share

After consultation with my fellow promoters/alcoholics I have to announce that Kev Roberts

has been banned for life from Solid Hit Soul Club & Soul In The City....................

& thats official :yes:

Perhaps it's just my sense of humour, but a Registered letter only costs a couple of quid, and all the promoters wouldn't like the embarrassing situation of someone turning up at their venue because they didn't know they had been banned would they :thumbsup:

Social source share

Perhaps it's just my sense of humour, but a Registered letter only costs a couple of quid, and all the promoters wouldn't like the embarrassing situation of someone turning up at their venue because they didn't know they had been banned would they :thumbsup:

Four quid more like now actually...but yeah keep sendin 'em, it all contributes to my bonus post-1819-1154625111.gif

(PS The Clowne Soul Brothers do not ban - not even those who knock us)

Social source share

Why do Ken Dodd and the Diddymen turn up on this forum every so often? It worries me... :yes:

IT WOULD WORRY ME IF THEY DIDN´T TURN UP !!! ONE OF THE ALL-TIME LIVE G´.B. ACTS ...NOT TO SELL OUT..AND TRY AND BREAK AMERICA......UP THERE WITH THE BEST...LIKE ´PICKETTYWITCH'.........´'IS JAM A DRUG'...... A DOCTOR WRITES...........IT'S CERTAINLY ADDICTIVE..WHAT WAS THIS THREAD ABOUT? OH YEAH !! ....VALUE FOR MONEY !!!! AND THAT'S WHY SIR KENNETH DODDS ' NAME ALWAYS CROPS UP ...SO THERE !!! whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest soul kitten

I know what Ken Dodd would have thought... What A Gay Day :yes:

im confused thought it was Larry Grayson who said what a gay day whistling.gif

bet he d have been banned as well god bless him :yes:

Edited by soul kitten
Social source share

Guest rasfoz

im confused thought it was Larry Grayson who said what a gay day whistling.gif

bet he d have been banned as well god bless him :yes:

shut that door then it was what a gay day my mum thought he was great i thought he was a dodgy mincer who look like he worked in a sweet shop :yes:

Social source share

Guest biggray1

KRs latest relese...Tears for souveners..by Guess who!!

That was Larry Grayson Karen and not Ken Dodd.......lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Well shut that Door Everhard!! I'll get me coat whistling.gif

Edited by biggray1
Social source share

So Who's who then Ken? which one is Dicky Mint....lol

Mark Bicknell.

Ask Ady.......he'll know which one is Dicky Mint......lolpost-1986-1154640843.jpg

Mark Bicknell.

Dont know,i`m guessin` the blue hat,bet he`s from Everton(minty).bet you know,Mark.....you know everythin` whistling.gif

Edited by ken
Social source share

It was indeed...now name the Diddy Men...lol

Mark Bicknell.

You know, I'm sure his jokes contained the words gay day.

What a gay day for letting your mother in law out... bla bla bla

I've scoured google in vain looking for clips of his jokes... this is now war whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

shut that door then it was what a gay day my mum thought he was great i thought he was a dodgy mincer who look like he worked in a sweet shop thumbsup.gif

Came from Nuneaton... :yes:

You know, I'm sure his jokes contained the words gay day.

What a gay day for letting your mother in law out... bla bla bla

I've scoured google in vain looking for clips of his jokes... this is now war :yes:

Ken Dodd's was 'what a tatty day...etc..'

Social source share

Thats why there are the threats of legal action going round. To stop that story coming out.

I know of someone who has an email threatening legal action and even naming the solicitor to be used. He's away at the minute but he is expecting a ban.

I'd ignore any threats - he blows more hot air than the Lebanon crisis thread in Freebasing. I remember a couple of close friends getting threatening letters from his legal bods in relation to 'R-Soul', a mag we published back in the 90s. Lawyers, I've shat scarier things. biggrin.gif

Social source share

Don't mean to be a miserable cow ... but can we please drop the Diddy Men bit ... this is supposed to be a serious thread about people being ripped off by KR :angry:

You're more than welcome to start up a "Return of the Diddy Men" thread biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert