Most active in this topic

Posted Images

if mean booted as in kicked

then its a nope

got a request via shane from him to close his account

which was done

mike

I stand corrected, sorry.

I thought he put his side of the story on the original Whitby thread Pete. Calling people hooligans etc etc.

Think he also denied (in reply to a post by Mike) banning anybody from his events, despite apparent evidence to the contrary.

I never saw the original thread Steve, it had vanished by the time I was told about it, probably cos it was in the events section which is one I don't find myself browsing very often because every day is an event in my life :lol:

Social source share

I thought he put his side of the story on the original Whitby thread Pete. Calling people hooligans etc etc.

Think he also denied (in reply to a post by Mike) banning anybody from his events, despite apparent evidence to the contrary.

Yes that's right, he did. :lol:

So if the case went to court last week as Mr Snow says it did, how about giving us all some answers. If everything was legitimate and everything he said was true, then why isn't he defending himself ??? I'm sure the moderators would post his reply up!

In the meantime folks :lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

I stand corrected, sorry.

I never saw the original thread Steve, it had vanished by the time I was told about it, probably cos it was in the events section which is one I don't find myself browsing very often because every day is an event in my life :lol:

It's not vanished Pete... still very much there.

Sure you've got better things to do than to sit and read it though... just being a helpful mod! :lol:

Whitby

Social source share

He wasn't around through the 80s and early 90s so I doubt if he lost money on soul dos. I thought he lost dosh on other ventures and got it back by jumping on the increased interest in Northern.

Ady i believe that it was skeggy weekender not to sure on the dates,Ady you probably don't see eye to eye with Kev Roberts but to me hes done alot for the northern scene over the years and also one of the top djs at wigan in the early days even some of the soulies on here were not born,i've heard in the great fine Whitby weekend was a total sell out and yes there was forge tickets they've caught the person and Kev Roberts did not know anything about it and i believe it hes an genuine bloke like yourself Ady and any other promoted on the scene.

Billy

Social source share

Ady i believe that it was skeggy weekender not to sure on the dates,Ady you probably don't see eye to eye with Kev Roberts but to me hes done alot for the northern scene over the years and also one of the top djs at wigan in the early days even some of the soulies on here were not born,i've heard in the great fine Whitby weekend was a total sell out and yes there was forge tickets they've caught the person and Kev Roberts did not know anything about it and i believe it hes an genuine bloke like yourself Ady and any other promoted on the scene.

Billy

......Anyone who resorts to sending threatening emails and bullying tactics, is hardly a positive force for this scene! I think the scene has done alot for Mr Robot's.....MONEY..MONEY...MONEY...BUT, finally, he has gone too far. People are waking up to his arrogant, soul-less and patronising ways.

I think it is Mr Roboot's who is the sell out, not Whitby! If the scene ended today, he would not shed a tear. He would just look for something else to exploit! I have never seen this muppet 'out and about', supporting events that he is not involved with, or the scene in general! He has his own ob-scene!! He has no interest in 'soul'....'music' or 'people'. To him they are just three words that equal CASH!! :lol: If you would like to call him personally, try 666.....

PAUL-S

Social source share

......Anyone who resorts to sending threatening emails and bullying tactics, is hardly a positive force for this scene! I think the scene has done alot for Mr Robot's.....MONEY..MONEY...MONEY...BUT, finally, he has gone too far. People are waking up to his arrogant, soul-less and patronising ways.

I think it is Mr Roboot's who is the sell out, not Whitby! If the scene ended today, he would not shed a tear. He would just look for something else to exploit! I have never seen this muppet 'out and about', supporting events that he is not involved with, or the scene in general! He has his own ob-scene!! He has no interest in 'soul'....'music' or 'people'. To him they are just three words that equal CASH!! :lol: If you would like to call him personally, try 666.....

PAUL-S

Hi Paul....I got named a ..nker not too long ago on a thread on here for going against supporters of KR really pleased that he ,at last ,has lost a few PUNTERS :lol: OH I will miss his top 500....... :lol: ATB Stevie

Social source share

I think it is Mr Roboot's who is the sell out, not Whitby! If the scene ended today, he would not shed a tear. He would just look for something else to exploit! I have never seen this muppet 'out and about', supporting events that he is not involved with, or the scene in general! He has his own ob-scene!! He has no interest in 'soul'....'music' or 'people'. To him they are just three words that equal CASH!! :yes: If you would like to call him personally, try 666.....

PAUL-S

I've just been reading private messages about Kev Roberts which has been sent to me there must be a genuine reason why he sent private emails to punters money money money well paul thats what makes the world go round got top djs at his venues hes not gonna pay them in green eclairs thats all down to money at the end of the day as i say to there own opinion hes always made me welcome and the crew im with and i will be going to his venues f**k the politics just let the soul flew out.

Billy

Social source share

Billy

Take it you weren't one of those who were locked out at Whitby this year!!! :angry:

If it was a total sell-out, how come 300 tickets were returned (just out of curiosity)? :yes:

Be interesting to know what the out-come of the court case was ......

Social source share

We seem to be going round in circles in this thread (and any other thread that KR is mentioned).

Yes we (well most of us) have agreed that full explanations are well overdue

Yes we (well most of us) have agreed that his threatening behaviour is not acceptable

Yes we (well most of us) agree that KR is a bully

Yes we (well most of us) agree that the lack of KR would be no great loss to the scene

Yes we (well most of us) have agreed to vote with our feet.

Some promoters have banned KR from their events

but is any of this going to have the desired effect :lol:

It was mentioned, either in this thread or the earlier "Whitbygate" thread, that what may have more effect is that some of the respected DJs that are booked for KRs events finaly stand up and say enough is enough and no longer accept bookings from him.

I realise people have a livelihood to make and i do not begrudge this at all as long as it is done honestly and without hurting other people, but these DJs are the mainstay of KR events and without them IMO there would be no events.

So do we expect any action from these DJs or will they continue to accept KR bookings.

I am, in no way berating these DJs but it would be good if we could have some sort of feed back of their perception of the whole thing. All I can say to these DJs is that without you KR is nothing and IMO YOU can make a difference.

QoFxx

PS and although i found BBs post bloody hilarious I have to point out that even the beer towelled, unwashed :yes: (only joking and appols in advance) of Doncaster who eat corn snacks and wives wear circle skirts and white bobby socks do not deserve to be ripped off and cheated in this way :lol: You deserve better .............oh and some quality time with Trinny and Susana (only joking)

TAXI

:lol:

Edited by chrissieo
Social source share

We seem to be going round in circles in this thread (and any other thread that KR is mentioned).

Yes we (well most of us) have agreed that full explanations are well overdue

Yes we (well most of us) have agreed that his threatening behaviour is not acceptable

Yes we (well most of us) KR is a bully

Yes we (well most of us) the lack of KR would be no great loss to the scene

Yes we (well most of us) have agreed to vote with our feet.

Some promoters have banned KR from their events

but is any of this going to have the desired effect :yes:

It was mentioned, either in this thread or the earlier "Whitbygate" thread, that what may have more effect is that some of the respected DJs that are booked for KRs events finaly stand up and say enough is enough and no longer accept bookings from him.

I realise people have a livelihood to make and i do not begrudge this at all as long as it is done honestly and without hurting other people, but these DJs are the mainstay of KR events and without them IMO there would be no events.

So do we expect any action from these DJs or will they continue to accept KR bookings.

I am, in no way berating these DJs but it would be good if we could have some sort of feed back of their perception of the whole thing. All I can say to these DJs is that without you KR is nothing and IMO YOU can make a difference.

WELL SAID QUEEN OF FOOLS!! :lol:

Social source share

Billy

I wasn't having a dig Billy, I was just pointing out how I remember his scene involvement. I'm happy to be corrected, but I can't remember him losing a fortune on a Skeggy weekender, perhaps I missed it.

Social source share

Take it you weren't one of those who were locked out at Whitby this year!!! :angry:

If it was a total sell-out, how come 300 tickets were returned (just out of curiosity)? blush.gif

What would have happend if the police did not turn up at whitby,and there was a fire,extra 300 cant be good,can it,sort of a disaster waiting,as a Wendsday fan,should know better,it never happend,but it could :lol:

Social source share

Some very dodgy territory being trodden on here....what venue, given the chance (and in most cases chance would be a fine thing !) has NOT gone over 'capacity'?

Social source share

What would have happend if the police did not turn up at whitby,and there was a fire,extra 300 cant be good,can it,sort of a disaster waiting,as a Wendsday fan,should know better,it never happend,but it could :P

Saw this on Ebay: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-ultimate-NORTHER...1QQcmdZViewItem

Normally there is an indication of how many items are available but 2000 may have looked dodgy !! :lol:

I've also just been advised that VIP radio will not be accepting any more requests to play "please let me in" and its also been banned from any KRL venue.

Some people have no sense of humour blush.gif

Mark

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

The only thing wrong with this thread is that Kev Roberts isn't able to come on and explain what's happened. Dunno if that's because he can't or he won't, but it would be very helpful to hear the other side of events.

heard it all before pete - same old sh*te every time

what's that old saying about if someone shafts you once it's cos they're a tw*t - if they shaft you twice...........................then you're the tw*t!

Social source share

I'd rather be a "chunky" than have an attitude like yours. So what's so bad about not being so SERIOUS? No-one deserves to get ripped off.

And as for why wasn't I ridiculed, who do you think you are - the original Mr Northern Soul.

Or have I mis-interpreted you?

with my biting wit i was attempting to highlight the irony in all of us finding andy's postfunny. In that lampooning those who attend his events are all beer towels/chunky liver stained legs etc... obviously failed to register with you and your "Original Mr Northern Soul" comment.

In that if you went your possibly a chunky liver stained flary skirt wearing beer bellied regular at such events (who also lacks irony)

IMO anyone who goes to his events in the first place get what they deserve,

danny

Social source share

IMO anyone who goes to his events in the first place get what they deserve,

danny

What a f*cking stupid statement. That's literally thousands of people you've just dismissed, including me, so I deserve what exactly for going to the best allnighter in the country?

Social source share

What a f*cking stupid statement. That's literally thousands of people you've just dismissed, including me, so I deserve what exactly for going to the best allnighter in the country?

When did you go to the 100 club last Pete ranting_1.gif:lol:

Social source share

I wasn't having a dig Billy, I was just pointing out how I remember his scene involvement. I'm happy to be corrected, but I can't remember him losing a fortune on a Skeggy weekender, perhaps I missed it.

No problem Ady it was me had a off day yesterday caught my willy in my flies had some major cuts to be done spent most of the with a big bandage on so it was'nt the best of days yesterday.

Billy-Hope to see you Saturday

Social source share

No problem Ady it was me had a off day yesterday caught my willy in my flies had some major cuts to be done spent most of the with a big bandage on so it was'nt the best of days yesterday.

Not really a reason to have a bad day is it ranting_1.gif

Social source share

ranting_1.gif Dear god Billy! hope you mend it soon :lol:

Social source share

When did you go to the 100 club last Pete ranting_1.gif:lol:

When did you last go to Stoke?

The 100 Club is not a great venue, it may be a great allnighter but you can't compare that room with it's tiny dancefloor and obstructions everywhere with a huge and usually full hall with a massive dancefloor, balcony running round, separate dealers room etc.

Social source share

When did you last go to Stoke?

The 100 Club is not a great venue, it may be a great allnighter but you can't compare that room with it's tiny dancefloor and obstructions everywhere with a huge and usually full hall with a massive dancefloor, balcony running round, separate dealers room etc.

About 4 years ago and that was enough ranting_1.gif

I was only pulling your leg i knew you'd bite :P differnt strokes for differnt folks at the end of the day, i like the feeling of the closeness in there, the grotty venue adds something for me gives it an underground feel, ok the dancefloor aint that big and could do with ripping up, but its all part of the caracture of the venue. :lol:

Social source share

If it was a total sell-out, how come 300 tickets were returned (just out of curiosity)? ranting_1.gif

No i did'nt go to Whitby weekender the 300 tickets i did not know first i heard of it but i do know Mr.Roberts did not know what was going on outside the doors and he would've done everything above board what would put his license in jeopardy as you said wait for the out come.

billy

Social source share

About 4 years ago and that was enough frusty2.gif

I was only pulling your leg i knew you'd bite :lol: differnt strokes for differnt folks at the end of the day, i like the feeling of the closeness in there, the grotty venue adds something for me gives it an underground feel, ok the dancefloor aint that big and could do with ripping up, but its all part of the caracture of the venue. :wicked:

I prefer the nearest thing to Wigan, sorry. But I'm more concerned with the comment that the punters attending Stoke or any KR venue whatever 'get what they deserve', if that means a drink, a laugh and a dance, a chance to buy some records and to hear some great music, then great - I got what I deserved!

Social source share

No i did'nt go to Whitby weekender the 300 tickets i did not know first i heard of it but i do know Mr.Roberts did not know what was going on outside the doors and he would've done everything above board what would put his license in jeopardy as you said wait for the out come.

billy

go back to beginning read and please take your head out of the clouds as

I Dont think you have read the thread thoroughly imo

Doug

frusty2.gif:wicked:

Social source share

Poor Billy, I hope that Big bandage didn't fall off frusty2.gif

Social source share

billy

I have to disagree with you on this one. The reason being is that the venue held 1500 & that is how many tickets he is supposed to have sold. As soon as you got to the venue you exchanged your ticket for a wristband, (so really the tickets were a pointless exercise).

At the point where the pavillion closed the door, there was 1500 people inside with wristbands (the bouncers had a counter thing as you went in). But there was also approx 300 people outside all with wristbands on & these werent people who had just arrived, they were people like my friends who had been there all weekend. Unless the fairies were giving out the extra 300 wristbands (it was actually Mrs Roberts who was), then of course he knew there was a problem.

And as for the person who said anyone who goes to KR do's gets what they deserve, that's really cheered me up, no end.

Kirsty

Social source share

Hi all ,I was at whitby..my personal take on this is ,KR has not got a leg to stand on,friday night in my opinion was allready well over capacity and do you really think 300 or so people would turn up for the weekend without tickets and just hope to get in, suppose I was lucky, I went in the pavilion at about 9:15 there abouts on the saturday night ,many of my mates were stood out side ,infact a friend of mine was in the doo and his wife was stood out side,they would not let him out or his wife in..disgusting fiasco

Bazza

Edited by bazza
Social source share

This entire thread can be summed up perfectly by this statement from Kirsty's post above, this is the crux of the entire matter and it's this that needs to be addressed: if this could be answered then the whole sorry mess might be cleared up once and for all.

At the point where the pavillion closed the door, there was 1500 people inside with wristbands (the bouncers had a counter thing as you went in). But there was also approx 300 people outside all with wristbands on & these werent people who had just arrived, they were people like my friends who had been there all weekend. Unless the fairies were giving out the extra 300 wristbands (it was actually Mrs Roberts who was), then of course he knew there was a problem.

Social source share

You are absolutely bang on, Pete.

In my previous thread several people asked him how many wristbands he had given out & he avoided the question everytime.

Though at one point he did say he wanted to wait for the police report. How a police report can say how many wristbands Goldsoul gave out is beyond me, but there you go.

As he has now closed his account, he isnt likely to come on here & give answers.

Social source share

You are absolutely bang on, Pete.

In my previous thread several people asked him how many wristbands he had given out & he avoided the question everytime.(snip)

For what it's worth, the following is a verbatim quote from KR's editorial page in the most recent N-Soul magazine:

"Unfortunately it appears that we had more wristbands than the 1500, although it is still unconfirmed at this time".

(make of that what you will)

Social source share

For what it's worth, the following is a verbatim quote from KR's editorial page in the most recent N-Soul magazine:

(make of that what you will)

"Unfortunately it appears that we had more wristbands than the 1500, although it is still unconfirmed at this time".

mmmm let me think, make of that what we want. caught, trousers down, so to speak, me thinks.

what has really hacked me off is that after the way KR has treated our SS members someone has posted a event notice for the next KRL stoke event, and the mods have not removed it :yes:

QOFxx

Social source share

what has really hacked me off is that after the way KR has treated our SS members someone has posted a event notice for the next KRL stoke event, and the mods have not removed it :yes:

QOFxx

Bit strong in-it!!,just cause KR bans everybody,dont mean s/source mods should do likewise,two wrongs dont make a right,maybe?, :( Hi Chrissieo,you well.... :yes:

Social source share

Bit strong in-it!!,just cause KR bans everybody,dont mean s/source mods should do likewise,two wrongs dont make a right,maybe?, :yes: Hi Chrissieo,you well.... :lol:

FIne Ken thanks :( See where you are coming from and on reflection maybe you are right, but have you never written anything on the spur of the mo :yes: and i think the poster of the event details probably had his tongue firmly in his cheek and just testing the water to see if it was removed or not, and i bow to your better judgement.

Leave the post there, mods, cos at the end of the day the negative and sarcastic replies the post is going to get will probably do more harm than good and he would of been better off not posting it in the end.

I will refer to my earlier post (the long one) it still would be good to get some feed back from the said DJs to know how they feel about the preceding episodes now KR has alledgedly admited to there being an excess of wrist bands.

QoFxx

&

Anastasia Beaverhousen........"You say potato, I say VODKA" :yes:

Social source share

havnt dismissed anybody, just stated imo with that guys track record and attitude to punters/artists etc, why is anybody suprised that he may pull a fast one now and again. (Many promoters have had too at some time) Why start whinging about these little problems and the fact that his friendly customer service dept threaten anyone who badmouth his product. (This is not an uncommon retort for many big money machines) Am sure the KRL steamroller will not be sidetracked by this latest indiscretion, the fact that some people didnt fully enjoy the latest big event is a mere blip, and I'm sure you and many other like minded souls will continue to support and enjoy Stoke and other such wonderful "best in the country" events.

Social source share

I'm not being funny Pete.... but how exactly do you know it's the best all nighter in the country..... when you don't go to any of the other allnighters in the country?

I know i'll get shot down in flames from you for daring to ask you such a question... just curious that's all.....

Social source share

QOFxx

Chrissie its not there for his benifit, its there for any members who are still wishing to attend his events, and you cant deniy that for fellow members of the site, what you proberly dont realise is by adding comments to his thread you are bumping it up and giving him the publicity he wants, im sure if you left it alone they will soon dissapere :yes:

Social source share

I'm not being funny Pete.... but how exactly do you know it's the best all nighter in the country..... when you don't go to any of the other allnighters in the country?

I know i'll get shot down in flames from you for daring to ask you such a question... just curious that's all.....

Have you got a tracking device on me or something?

Social source share

Guest Bogue

I know i am new on here, but i have been following the thread & i just had a thought that could maybe bring some good out of it.

Just think it's sad when everyone is fighting each other & maybe humour could re-unite everyone.

My idea is that someone could come up with a design for a wrist band, how about just white with maybe a SSource logo & individual numbers starting at 1500, they could be sold on here & at venues with all proceeds going to Children in Need or some other charity, like the various other wrist bands that have been popular of late.

Be nice if KR could come on board with it & maybe heal a few wounds.

Social source share

billy

I admire your loyalty to KR but I'm afraid it's very misplaced!

KR knew exactly what was going on, he came upstairs before the police arrived. He saw what was happening and disappeared, he was later seen hiding behind some soulies downstairs! That is fact, I was there!

So how long must we wait for the outcome??? :wicked::lol::lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert