Darrell Banks. Whats Happened To The Issue ?

Winsford Soul

Nobody ever saw it as far as I know - I kept asking who had seen it in the flesh.

I'm unconvinced ....................... until I'm convinced of it's authenticity  :g:

Could be a scam - potentially easy to do with IT and digital technology - just like the old 70s bootlegs were done with sh*te technology.

Jury is out as far as I'm concerned - until someone who knows their stuff has it in their hand and says it's a goodun  :yes:  :yes:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Nobody ever saw it as far as I know - I kept asking who had seen it in the flesh.

I'm unconvinced ....................... until I'm convinced of it's authenticity  :g:

Could be a scam - potentially easy to do with IT and digital technology - just like the old 70s bootlegs were done with sh*te technology.

Jury is out as far as I'm concerned - until someone who knows their stuff has it in their hand and says it's a goodun  :yes:  :yes:

Cheers

Richard

you for real ?

he passed on two videos that I posted up on here

what did you think of them then?

here are 

Edited by mike
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Videos? Thought they were photos... and has been pointed out, photoshop is quite good. Well, photoshop isn't, the users can be. Record Collector's e-mail newsletter said a second copy had turned up, but think they were having a laugh - it's quite hard to tell.

sorry, just seen your links - not working on my ipad...

Edited by cover-up
Social source share

If you guarantee that I can make £10k plus from it, I reckon I could get some photos and some videos made up for a few hundred quid to "prove" it existed for a few hundred quid. Nice challenge to do, and definitely worth the investment. All the matrix info you need is on the demos anyway  :yes:

However, if you had the record in your hand and knew enough about records you would know if it was real just by looking and handling it.

I'm not saying it is or it isn't real - just not convinced/unconvinced until it has been checked out for real by someone who knows what they are doing.

Verifying authenticity based on photos/videos is not sufficiently reliable. Didn't a few people say it was real based on virtual digital media?

Thank you  :)

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

If you guarantee that I can make £10k plus from it, I reckon I could get some photos and some videos made up for a few hundred quid to "prove" it existed for a few hundred quid. Nice challenge to do, and definitely worth the investment. All the matrix info you need is on the demos anyway  :yes:

However, if you had the record in your hand and knew enough about records you would know if it was real just by looking and handling it.

I'm not saying it is or it isn't real - just not convinced/unconvinced until it has been checked out for real by someone who knows what they are doing.

Verifying authenticity based on photos/videos is not sufficiently reliable. Didn't a few people say it was real based on virtual digital media?

Thank you  :)

Richard

I'm convinced Richard, even before seeing the videos. The reason why? Because I know TWO people that I'd trust with my lifetime's collection, who are not on these social media sites and who simply don't go to venues anymore, anywhere. These two guys have had two separate, totally unrelated copies in their hands. For me, that's good enough, and I'm normally very suspicious of things until I've seen them for myself.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Richard

that doesn't make sense, he wouldn't get 10 bags for proving he had one, he'd have to sell it, in which case, he'd have to have it no?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

that doesn't make sense, he wouldn't get 10 bags for proving he had one, he'd have to sell it, in which case, he'd have to have it no?

Yes, I didn't make my point very clearly - sorry.

Answer is no  :no: 

I meant that I reckon I could probably "counterfeit" a record for a few hundred quid, using modern technology to do photographs and videos, that would fool some people to spend £10k on it as an original. 

Basically, I'm trying to say that nobody should say that a 1960s vinyl record is original, based simply on 2014 technology-based photographs and videos.

As I have always said - it might be real - I hope it is - but is it?  :g:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

first time i have seen the video of the record...as a printer  the label looks like its been printed on a printing press and not done on a digital press...if you look at the forks on the middle of the record  the label goes right to the edges of them....looks good to me.....

just another question   why are the letters and numbers  MSC 7587 on the right hand side upside down.........sure i have been told before

AND NOW THERE ARE 2 OF THEM..... :ohmy:

Social source share

first time i have seen the video of the record...as a printer  the label looks like its been printed on a printing press and not done on a digital press...if you look at the forks on the middle of the record  the label goes right to the edges of them....looks good to me.....

just another question   why are the letters and numbers  MSC 7587 on the right hand side upside down.........sure i have been told before

AND NOW THERE ARE 2 OF THEM..... :ohmy:

Inverted matrix - they are nearl always upside down.

The second one that Record Collector were told about and may have reported was a demo - the owner didn't know the difference!

Social source share

I'm convinced Richard, even before seeing the videos. The reason why? Because I know TWO people that I'd trust with my lifetime's collection, who are not on these social media sites and who simply don't go to venues anymore, anywhere. These two guys have had two separate, totally unrelated copies in their hands. For me, that's good enough, and I'm normally very suspicious of things until I've seen them for myself.

Pete, I'm not talking about the Record Collector "second copy" I'm talking about Denbo swearing on his collection that there are two copies out there verified by authentic real people...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Cheers

Richard

It's in a box with Schrodinger's cat :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Pete, I'm not talking about the Record Collector "second copy" I'm talking about Denbo swearing on his collection that there are two copies out there verified by authentic real people...

Well if he swears it then you can't argue with him - in my experience there has never been another one, same with Mick Smith, but we can't know everyone and everything

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Didnt you say there was a uk demo of nina simone 'take care of business'

Social source share

:facepalm: Guys!  When I come on here - which is pretty much most days - I always log on, so you can see I am still around, you could of just asked, eh?  

Social source share

Anyone else google Schodringer cat.

Its an old paradoxical theory where something can be alive and dead at the same time.......it was on TV a while ago and the more you think about it the more it does your head in. :g:  :hypo:

So don`t think about it!  :shhh:

Social source share

Until "WE" sell? Is it jointly owned Nick? Or was that a Royal "WE"? :thumbsup:

I am sure that if you are in a caring sharing relationship you will know that what is mine is her's.................................................... of course what is her's is her's too !

Social source share

I am sure that if you are in a caring sharing relationship you will know that what is mine is her's.................................................... of course what is her's is her's too !

So, it's not yours, it's hers? :D

Edited by denbo
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!