Articles: The Four Perfections - The Story by Dave Moore

Dave Moore

13 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Dave , honestly, you got that wrong and you assumed I meant The Ethics on Vent, when I did actually said on the same label as The Intentions on "Up Tight"

Ethics.jpg

Yep, my mistake.  I thought you were referring to The Ethics on Vent etc and not the ones on the Up Tight logo. My apologies.  Looks like the correct info has been forthcoming in the other posts though.

Dave 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Dave Moore said:

Yep, my mistake.  I thought you were referring to The Ethics on Vent etc and not the ones on the Up Tight logo. My apologies.  Looks like the correct info has been forthcoming in the other posts though.

Dave 

No worries Dave, it happens to me as well, I'm guessing like me, it's an age thing :)

Social source share

• 2 years later...

• 1 year later...
On 07/09/2014 at 15:52, Dave Moore said:

Hey Guys.... Little bit more info for you.  (From correspondence with Rick Cooper who met Mr Weinroth Snr in 1974 when he went over for the master tapes for the UK Cream issue of "I'm Not Strong Enough").   Rick was told that apparently Kip Gainsboro, who is credited with the production role of the song was a made up name comprising, ..... The family Dog (Kip) and the Weinroth's address (which was 1203 Gainsboro Rd, Bala Cynwyd,  Pa 19004).  

So there you have it. All those years of trawling for Kip Gainsboro was a waste of time but now thankfully -  put to rest! Fantastic! Thanks Rick!

Of course we now have to find out exactly who it was that produced the session? Bruce Weinroth? "Boobie" Thomas? Cameo Parkway staffer?

I'm onto it.

Regards,

Dave

Dave, I just came across this article, as I was responding to another Soul-Source member who was commenting on my recent article on The Show Stoppers and Bruce Weinroth (This member seemed to think The Four Perfections were the same guys as The Show Stoppers, which is not right).

Anyway, I haven't even read the rest of the thread here, but I know Bruce, as you'll see if you've read my piece, and can see if I can get some more info on the production of the "I'm Not Strong Enough". I'll keep in touch.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!