Granada Tv 1996 Excellent Report On N.s. Scene Video

Pete S

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think this is one of the best of the mini-documentaries. It's from a program shown in the Granada region called "N.W.A.". Well worth a look.

still got this program on an old video tape,filmed mainly at the king georges hall blackburn,had to laugh at some of the quotes describing northern soul as "rare detroit soul" :shhh: the first half of the program was about "enfant terrible",monseiur cantona,think my wife appears a couple of times in the dancing footage

Mick

Social source share

4 things Pete,

1. no it did'nt

2. why did'nt you warn us Levine was in it

3. why can't people dance like that anymore

4. apart from our Edwin, shite background music as usual

Lenny :shhh:

It cuts out just as Tim is about to appear...that's why I said it's in 3 parts, just uploading part 3 now.

You're going to regret point 4 as the track just starting to play in the background was Open The Door To Your Heart...

Social source share

Part 2 Warning..contains footage of Tim Brown and his Frank Wilson record

And soul scene superstar Billy Whizz. Crazy eyes looking skyward, spinning in slow mo'. :shhh: 53 and still doing it every week. What a guy.

Where's part 3 then?

Social source share

Guest the dukester

I think this is one of the best of the mini-documentaries. It's from a program shown in the Granada region called "N.W.A.". Well worth a look.

I have this footage on a DVD bought from yours truly, with some real good soul footage on it.

part 1 and part 2 :shhh:

Social source share

Here's part 3 - at last!

Yeah brilliant mate. You gotta love Sir Richard Searling. Still loved, unlike chubby chops Levine & Kev .. Don't mean to be disrespectful like and hope I don't get a roundhouse 'sidekick' from a certain quarter. Tim Brown n'all strange zoo enthusiast, he knows the Simon Soussan answers ..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!