Spanner

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest micksmith

JUST GOT MY EDITION 3 BOOK ,OVER 40.000  TITLES BY OVER 12,000 ARTISTS ON 6,000 DIFFERENT LABELS  :lol:   blush.gif

link

BIG DEAL. WHO GIVES A S---T ABOUT HIS BOOK-WELL I CERTAINALLY DON'T.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Mick Smith and his brother after reading their copy of the latest price guide..

chuckle_brothers_270.jpg

link

YA-MY COLLECTION'S GONE UP 10 FOLD-WHAT ABOUT YOUR'S PETE. O FORGOT YOU AIN'T GOT ONE.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

You can't be a collector and a dealer ...

link

IS THAT RIGHT-COMING FROM A MAN WHO'S BEEN A DEALER FOR 10 MIN'.

I SEEM TO GET ALONG OK.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Tell it like it is M.J  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

link

NICE TO SEE YOU BACK LOUISE ?.

WE DON'T FOLLOW THE SHEEP WE SAY IT LIKE IT IS.

Social source share

IS THAT RIGHT-COMING FROM A MAN WHO'S BEEN A DEALER FOR 10 MIN'.

I SEEM TO GET ALONG OK.

link

You yourself need to be a collector to be a DJ Mick - otherwise if you weren't DJ-ing I bet you wouldn't have half those records in your collection. Anyway I've been selling and buying with you for about 16 years so whaddya mean 5 minutes?

Social source share

Guest micksmith

You yourself need to be a collector to be a DJ Mick - otherwise if you weren't DJ-ing I bet you wouldn't have half those records in your collection.  Anyway I've been selling and buying with you for about 16 years so whaddya mean 5 minutes?

link

ya- and i've earnt you a lot of money.

still a new kid on the block.

Social source share

Mick Smith and his brother after reading their copy of the latest price guide..

chuckle_brothers_270.jpg

link

The one on the left looks like Killer from Stockport.

Now that guy Killer is a real character.

Shane

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Funnily enough he looks like a mate of mine called Killer (Colin) Reed from Congleton (sadly no longer with us) a proper character and complete nutter and great fun to be around. Cor blimey not thought about him in years, brought a little tear to my eye has that

John

Social source share

JUST GOT MY EDITION 3 BOOK ,OVER 40.000  TITLES BY OVER 12,000 ARTISTS ON 6,000 DIFFERENT LABELS  :lol:   thumbsup.gif

link

Ovenchip must be kicking himself stupid over this guide.Even if he makes £24 profit on each copy, he (and other dealers) must be losing thousands from not being able to pick up records cheap(particularly in the US) and now having to folk out close to "book" prices. How many times have you seen ebay auctions have a starting price the same as in a guide? Dealers are obviously having to pay top dollar for stock nowadays as their starting auction prices are so high, and their stock / set sale stuff has a very low turnover, a £5 record is now £20. It's OK for anyone with a collection amassed over the years because you can just add a 0 or two to the value, but for anyone thinking of starting collecting now, a twenty grand collection is going to consist of half a dozen records all priced at 100 times their true value - yet another obstacle for enticing in "new blood". Also, I'm sure some of the records on dealer's lists who do it for a living are non existent, because even if you went around with a wheel-barrow full of £50 notes you are not going to pick these records up now because collectors remember that they only paid a fiver for a £500 sound, but are gonna have to spend £800 to get it back because that's what it say in the guide!!!

Social source share

Thats a good last point. I remember scanning Soul Bowl lists for years to try and have an idea on prices. Then the usual 15 year wilderness period allows you to forget. Now at present, its all hell let loose on prices and this guide gives at least a quick reference point. I did the ebay UJIMA sell at £150 from a £1 Boylans (Conisbrough) buy yonks ago. Only put it up becauase the guide showed about £200. Still kicking myself at letting other go @ 1984 (Miners strike etc) Ringleaders £1, Gloria & Tiaras £5, Ronnie McNeir £20, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. God bless Manship.

Ed

Social source share

Thats a good last point. I remember scanning Soul Bowl lists for years to try and have an idea on prices. Then the usual 15 year wilderness period allows you to forget. Now at present, its all hell let loose on prices and this guide gives at least a quick reference point. I did the ebay UJIMA sell at £150 from a £1 Boylans (Conisbrough) buy yonks ago. Only put it up becauase the guide showed about £200. Still kicking myself at letting other go @ 1984 (Miners strike etc) Ringleaders £1, Gloria & Tiaras £5, Ronnie McNeir £20, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. God bless Manship.

Ed

link

Aaah, Boylans at Conisbrough. That brings back memories. The never ending bus ride from Sheffield. Used to have some good stuff in tho.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Ed

link

GREAT MEMORIES. ALL THOSE LOVELY CHEAP RECORDS THAT ARE WORTH THOUSANDS NOW. I JUST LOVE IT-KEEP THEM PRICES RISING.

ON ANOTHER NOTE-JUST CHECKED OVERCHIPS AUCTION-SAW A RECORD I SOLD TO A GUY SOME WEEKS AGO. NOW I'VE GOT TO BAN HIM FROM BUYING FROM ME. CAN'T HAVE OVERCHIPS GETTIN' ANY OF MY FINDS CAN WE.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!