Trailer For Northern Soul The Film

Paul-s

When I saw "Once upon a time in Wigan" I sobbed - literally. So embarassing.

When I saw "Soulboy" I sneered - especially at the dance scenes.

I have seen the clips of "Northern Soul The Film" and the atmosphere looks about right. I don't have very high expectations because it's a FILM, not a documentary.

One of my ATF films is Zulu, if I were a military historian I could probably rip it to shreads, and no, I don't want to debate it here!

I have spoken to Ellaine about the film and I think her heart is in the right place. We can't really ask for any more can we?

In the imortal words of William Goldman "Nobody knows what makes a hit film", so let's just see it and have our opinion without getting evangelical about it. After all, it can't possibly do as much damage to the scene as "This England" did. Can't wait :)

• Helpful 3
Social source share

"..........I deliberately held back from seeing the film until late on. I knew the music choices would be quality and I knew that Elaine was one of the few people who would be able to translate this era accurately and thank god she did. I'm hopefully gonna see it again shortly.   :thumbsup:"

Ditto Ian!x I haven't watched the trailer or got involved in any thread or debate about it...until this comment and those made in the Cinema thread yesterday! I want to see the film....stand alone.....and have the impact! Many films trailers kill the film for me....they take the action shots and promote that but the plot/story/characters can't be relayed in a trailer....so I avoid them.....along with others opinions on a film! Stopped reading newspapers in 1983. That choice to not be influenced in life by 'reporters' who ain;t in life as I am or think about life like I do...to be my guide! I see....hear...and think...for meself!x

The music....?!.....to be very honest....I haven't even given that a thought! It's Northern.....on the big screen......i'm happy already!x

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

Thank you too for your efforts/input on behalf of us all and the scene too Ian...X Whilst I haven't contributed to the film discussions....I have read most and acknowledge your commitment to it mate.....nice 1X

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!