Carrie Cleveland 7

purist

I'm not at all up to date on what has and what hasn't been bootlegged/legally reissued/w.h.y., but what was the 7" single sided Carrie Cleveland "Love Will Set You Free" for sale recently on ebay?
I messaged the seller to ask about it but got no reply

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carrie-Cleveland-Rare-7-Inch-Northern-Soul-Looking-up-/261583439831?ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3AAAQ%3AGB%3A1123&nma=true&si=NlyAHpQ9xe6JUbGd65bzVpcHdpw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

if it's from the album, containing the truly awful versions of "I need love' and "make love to me" then it is awful too! Looks dodgy, but then the 45 was a home made job out of her garage. She may well be trying to make a few $$ with it. Her taste, however, is dubious. The demo of the 45 is bay far the best cut, biut she re did it with awful bontempi organ on the stock copy and a reggae type version on the album.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest vinylheaven

Hi,

I bought the single off EBay and created the submission on Discogs.  It was pressed by MPO (probably in France) so is likely to be official, possibly a test pressing linked to the recent Franz Ferdinand compilation just released that features this track - thoughts??

Anyway, I love the track.

Byee

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!