Richard

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Richard

Sisters Three - 'you can forget it' is a pretty good oldie also on the Early Bird label, got a reissue on one of the old Soul Supply lps in the early 80's

You going to SITC next week? might see you there..

best

Jon

Was going to say exactly that, with a slow version of Can You Qualify on other side, use to have YCFI it covered up many years ago, shame everyone with any knowledge knew it!! :yes::yes:

Sure there are others on here but can only think of Casanova 2 at moment, cmon people jog my memory.

Cheers

Jock

PS How much does Sisters 3 go for now, one of the ones I think I let go (for less than a tenner I bet) has nostalgia value so woudnt mind it back for a fiver more :thumbsup:

PS Forgot to say Claude Baby Huey, absolutely great record, assume this just gathers dust on aspiring dj's shelves :yes:

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Dave Greenhill has been known to play this at SITC in the past.

actually not Dave, but rather myself Paul, and and and I first heard it on that Soul Supply comp from the 80's AND I will be taking it along next Weds as I haven't played it out for a good while.......

Social source share

actually not Dave, but rather myself Paul, and and and I first heard it on that Soul Supply comp from the 80's AND I will be taking it along next Weds as I haven't played it out for a good while.......

:yes: Paul is correct & I played it on a number of occasions, don't remember any beer bottles aimed at my head :thumbsup:

Social source share

:yes: Paul is correct & I played it on a number of occasions, don't remember any beer bottles aimed at my head :yes:

I think there's some confusion here Dave, you may well play Claude Huey, but as far as I'm aware you don't play the sisters three (which I do :thumbsup: )

and it's utterly vital to clear this up, or the world cannot move forward..... :yes:

Social source share

I think there's some confusion here Dave, you may well play Claude Huey, but as far as I'm aware you don't play the sisters three (which I do :thumbsup: )

and it's utterly vital to clear this up, or the world cannot move forward..... :yes:

Ok Ok the world can move on, I was indeed talking about Claude Huey as indeed I suspect was Paul.......................... in reply to:

"PS Forgot to say Claude Baby Huey, absolutely great record, assume this just gathers dust on aspiring dj's shelves " :yes:

You're just too far ahead of the game Martin :yes:

Social source share

Hi Richard

Sisters Three - 'you can forget it' is a pretty good oldie also on the Early Bird label, got a reissue on one of the old Soul Supply lps in the early 80's

You going to SITC next week? might see you there..

best

Jon

Hiya Jon

Yes hopefully catch up with you next week, hope all is good with you in the South of End :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Just love this record - real 'feel good' factor with a great girlie backing supporting Claude's vocals and a distinctive backing which just plops along at the right tempo !

Why is it that records like this just gather dust and lesser records get major exposure ?

Can never understand the northern scene at times.......... :huh:

Take care

John

Claude Huey..Feel good all over is one of those great finger clicking 45s like Gene Chandler..good times.Got my copy about 5yrs ago,think its still fairly cheap,dont see it about much.Also on Treasure Chest of Nthn soul Goldmine cd ph34r.gif
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!