Sign To Support Vintage Reggae Stars

Spacehopper

heres a link I saw on facebook for a petition to get the JA government etc to do more for the founder reggae stars who are on hard times..shocking pic of Jackie barnard from the kingstonions before he recently passed away

SIGN!

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/aid-to-support-foundation-artists-in-reggae-asfar

Edited by spacehopper
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

So diabetes then.  It was Brazil, not Mexico that I saw the footage of him.  Apparently thats when they realised something wasn't quite right.

The ludicrous thing though, while he rotted away in a partly built house in poverty in Jamaica, his records from 1968 to 1970 often sell for over £100 a time...Kingstonians sales on Ebay for just one year must be over £5000

Social source share

True Pete

I am as guilty of spunking money on vinyl recorded by artists that live or have died in extreme poverty...it is a sad world we live in

I had seen some pictures of Jackie living in what can only be described as squalor, with incontinence problems, and his dentures had been stolen in a recent hospital visit..it was enough to make me do something (which wasn't much to be honest) if only to make me feel less guilty

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

heres a link I saw on facebook for a petition to get the JA government etc to do more for the founder reggae stars who are on hard times..shocking pic of Jackie barnard from the kingstonions before he recently passed away

SIGN!

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/aid-to-support-foundation-artists-in-reggae-asfar

Done, how is Pat Kelly doing ? Anybody know ?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!