The Chosen Few Band

Cbills428

Does anyone have any information on this record? I've only discovered it recently. It goes to show you I'm not a huge Northern Soul guy or even a Modern Soul for that matter but I'm from Buffalo, NY and I've been trying to learn more about our local records. I see it's produced by Key & Cleary, who are originally from Buffalo but the record shows Ohio (?). I'm also not very familiar with this particular label, "Buffalo's Reflection". Key and Cleary had some records on various Buffalo area labels (Amherst, Mark Custom). Their records don't seem to be incredibly popular and they don't command too much money but the songs and arrangements I find very interesting. "A Man" by Key and Cleary actually sounds like an early drum machine.

I've searched the forums here and haven't come across too much, other than the fact it's super rare, super expensive and most definitely a modern soul favorite. If anyone has the scoop on this record and/or group or any other interesting findings, it would be much appreciated.

Chris

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks - I came across this site in the past. I never realized the site was maintained by David Griffiths. David was actually responsible for unearthing Bob and Gene (Mo Do Records), also from Buffalo, NY. He seems to have quite the knowledge when it comes to local NY soul recordings. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert