Northern Soul @ Kgh

Barry

Just has feedback on what I missed. One of my mates who never knowingly expresses excitement on, well, anything.. Described it is calm terms as "good... No very good". On that I'm taking it then to be excellent :)  

Social source share

I don't want to be negative in any way, because making a film and getting it out there is a triumph. But last night I couldn't hear a word of the dialogue for the entire film. I could sense the unease in the room during the scenes that had a lot of dialogue. You just couldn't follow the story line. The background sounds were too loud, and the speech inaudible. 

I just hope it will be sorted before it's released. Such a shame really.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I think the sound issue is more to do with the acoustics of Kings Hall and the sound system they were using. It did distract from what was otherwise a very good film. 

Saw the Avenger parked outside, took me back to the days when I passed my test do used to borrow my father in laws motor to rag around in when he was too drunk to use it. Good times  :)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

My mate Steve Conry who did stuff for my Fun City :wink: label in the 90's supplied some of the motors for the film.

He's picking me up in a yellow Avenger haha.

I saw the Avenger as well.. L reg 72 -73.. It was mint I don't recall seeing an Avenger looking so good when they where new

Yes the audio wasn't too good last night but I agree with Martyn it was down to KGH and not the film.. I enjoyed it

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I don't want to be negative in any way, because making a film and getting it out there is a triumph. But last night I couldn't hear a word of the dialogue for the entire film. I could sense the unease in the room during the scenes that had a lot of dialogue. You just couldn't follow the story line. The background sounds were too loud, and the speech inaudible. 

I just hope it will be sorted before it's released. Such a shame really.

Apparently there were issues with the sound system, not the film but the set up. Some managed to hear it though but it depended on where you were located. You owe my a drink for my ticket btw ;) 

Social source share

It was very much down to the acoustics and the sound system. I think it will make all the difference seeing it in the cinema on a decent sized screen and a proper Dolby sound system, or even a decent home cinema system. I'm going to reserve my judgement until I've watched it again on a proper set up.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest frenchie

I saw it last night at KGH, but was also lucky to view the first screening in Manchester at a cinema.  It was definitely an issue with the sound system at KGH NOT the film. It still sounded good, even with a slight sound issue and that was very dependant on where you sat last night.  I will also add that my second viewing was as good as the first :) and I took more in second time around. A nostalgia trip of the very best kind.

Well done Elaine and all the Crew.

Penny 

x

Edited by frenchie
Social source share

Guest lofthope

I was sat there with a dodgy hearing due to an ear infection, dead jealous that everyone else could probably hear it better than me, only to find out afterwards that the acoustics were to blame. Mind you, it was still more coherent than some DJs manage on the microphone. :wink:

More seriously, having seen a couple of screenings previously, I can confirm that the sound in cinemas will be fine. It has to be of an appropriate standard to be accepted by Universal.

Enjoyed KGH afterwards too. My daughter's first ever 'pwoper Norvern do' outside of London and she loved it. Wife was well happy hearing classics from Dexter Wansel to Lowrell downstairs and I loved both (rooms...although obviously I love wife and daughter too!)....great night.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!