Dj Alias - Who Was First

Why is Mark Dobson called Butch? Anyone?

Apparently he used to wear a belt that the buckle was in the word 'Butch' - Chr*st I hope he doesn't read this, because knowing that is reeeeealy sad!

I always thought it was for tax reasons — It also gives them a ‘Mystique’, but I don’t think they actually choose to use an alias for that reason, it just does (To me anyway)

All the best,

Len (‘D.J Lenard’) :thumbsup:

Social source share

We were at The Ritz during the 90’s and Ginger walked past us, going towards the decks, Nina said “Is that Ginger Taylor?”….I replied “Mmmm, you may be right there…..he certainly looks like a Taylor doesn’t he?” (All 'dead pan' like) We were in fits for about half an hour — Brilliant! Ain’t it great when one is ‘on point’ at a Nighter?! :lol:

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Pete, this Morrissey fan is seeing him tonite at an old opera house in Brooklyn, 29 years, 8 months and 13 days since first saw the Smiths, time flies!

Must be getting near that long since I saw them, Brighton Dome, support act James.

Though I'm not a fan now by a long chalk...

Social source share

If you take a glance at any phoenix soul club all-nighter (the wirrina peterborough) poster from 1975 you'll see the home team calling themselves spena (gary spencer), smudge (andy smith) and jonah (steve jones), pk& biffo (pete & dave mindem the promoters) and paul donnelly, who bravely went as himself. that's quite an array of aliases, ain't it?

Edited by macca
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!