A Million To One Chance Some Us Triumph Trp Carb Manifold Parts

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

In the smallest of chance am looking for 2 parts for my US spec Triumph TR6. They are marked on the photo. Please, I'm begging help an old swinger out !!  :wicked:

attachicon.gifOctober Ebay Sales Two.jpg

Hi Chris.

The chances of getting one new are nil I believe but there is a get around with it. The Vacuum retard was only used at tickover to lower emission for the north American market at tickover only. as soon as you drive off the advance curve in the distributor takes over. I know people have blocked off the hole in the inlet manifold where the banjo bolt fits and adjusted the tickover higher or set the timing to 12 degree instead of 8. 

Hope this helps.

Brav

Edited by Brav
Social source share

Hi Chris.

The chances of getting one new are nil I believe but there is a get around with it. The Vacuum retard was only used at tickover to lower emission for the north American market at tickover only. as soon as you drive off the advance curve in the distributor takes over. I know people have blocked off the hole in the inlet manifold where the banjo bolt fits and adjusted the tickover higher or set the timing to 12 degree instead of 8. 

Hope this helps.

Brav

Hi Brav

I had heard about this and it well may come to that. I did locate a guy in Ohio who has tons of TRs languishing on his ground and he has promised to go look for one, we'll see. Thing is a part of that banjo connector/bolt goes to the brake servo, so we'll need to see how that can be done. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Brav

I had heard about this and it well may come to that. I did locate a guy in Ohio who has tons of TRs languishing on his ground and he has promised to go look for one, we'll see. Thing is a part of that banjo connector/bolt goes to the brake servo, so we'll need to see how that can be done. :thumbsup:

Hi Chris.

Didn't realise the brake servo was involved, anyway not sure what the thread is on the banjo but you could try one of these and run it to the servo.

https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID600173

Please note what ever you do it must have a non return valve in it

Brav

Edited by Brav
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!