Help - Rare Ike & Tina A&m Demo - Oh Baby - River Deep

As Many of you will know my knowledge of British 45s is limited so I need some help. 

Pete S if you're about I'd like to know your thoughts and anyone else's as well.

I've been told it was withdrawn by Phil Spector but that's all I know. I've got it for sale at the moment so would like advice on price as well.

Thanks Darren

A&M Demo

Ike & Tina

River Deep/Oh Baby

post-7091-0-75962700-1412327764_thumb.jp

Edited by BROWNIE
Social source share

I've had this a few times but usually on an issue so that would suggest to me that it wasn't withdrawn Darren, also they released another great Spector produced single, Everyday I Have To Cry, so no reason for them to pull that one (unless to be replaced by 'Everyday').  Both fantastic 45's though.

Social source share

Thanks for the info guys, has anyone ever seen it on this yellow demo though I cant find a copy anywhere on the net.

Could it still have been withdrawn??? as a 45 of this magnitude should show more than 10 or so copies I would have thought, like I say though I'm no expert on British and respect the knowledge of those who are.

Thanks so far.

Darren

Social source share

Thanks for the info guys, has anyone ever seen it on this yellow demo though I cant find a copy anywhere on the net.

Could it still have been withdrawn??? as a 45 of this magnitude should show more than 10 or so copies I would have thought, like I say though I'm no expert on British and respect the knowledge of those who are.

Thanks so far.

Darren

I haven't had that demo I don't think but I've definitely had issues - the reasons so few copies on Popsike - lesser known and not great demand, no US release either I don't think.  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I haven't had that demo I don't think but I've definitely had issues - the reasons so few copies on Popsike - lesser known and not great demand, no US release either I don't think.  

Oh baby, nice tune also on the "River Deep" LP along with "I idolise you":

https://www.discogs.com/Ike-Tina-Turner-River-Deep-Mountain-High/release/4855408

If anyone's got a spare copy at £15 please PM me.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I get the sneaky suspicion you don't believe us  :lol:

No Pete, I totally agree with yours and most the comments on the thread.

That said most people are saying the same about the 45 not being withdrawn due to a fair few of them around, agreed.

That said I've had further conversations that it was withdrawn albeit very late and plenty got out hence its not rare, however my question should have been how rare is this actual demo.

I'm not reading any reply's saying there's plenty of these yellow demos or am I just not reading it correctly?

I think this is one to go to Ebay and see what happens.

Thanks to all Darren

Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All...... I think sometimes people don't fully understand how record deals are made? & totally forget that people like Mick Smith (full time record dealer) this is job, and as such he needs sell records to live, last Saturday he was in Wolverhampton, so just the cost of getting to the fair would be £25, then there is £40 for the stall, so once this is taken on board, the records that he sells will be priced at a price to sell, this price is based upon 40 years experience, of buying & selling Rare SOUL,

So for example if you asked me as a collector to put a price on your DEMO I would say £45 for a mint copy, Mick would use his knowledge about the record, this will include the demand for it, priced at £45 nay be right, but that maybe to much for him, as the buyer might hesitate and walk away, so the way most dealers work out the selling price is normally twice the price paid,

Most dealers when buying stock (collections) will only buy what they know will sell easily, call it cherry picking, but that's what they do, if you had 1000 records for sale, they as go through the records making piles, each pile will have different price on them any thing from £5 to over £100+. this can cause a upset, seeing your £60 45 put in a £15 pile, then when you think oh well! the dealer will start moving the piles rejecting some outright,

Depending how needy you are to raise cash,

For this reason if I have spares of certain record I will class them as stock for Mick, knowing that the price will be low, however I have got over the years many 45s from Mick but I have never paid the price he has marked up in his sales box, for me finding certain records & giving them to Mick, has made it possible to build a great UK collection at a knock down price, people who sell records for the high rate they might sell some but will never achieve the status of Mick or Pete Smith, both of them sell cheap compared with many others, I recommend if you don't use them you are just throwing your money away :g: DAVE K

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!