Anyone Know Why This Is Going For Big Money

Pete S

here is a RARE NORTHERN SOUL 45 by THE CHANTELS on the VERVE label, record # 10435, in NEAR MINT condition. songs are "INDIAN GIVER"/"IT'S JUST ME"

Seen a couple of these on ebay recently all going for over $100, I'd have thought it was only worth about £20, anyone know whats going on here??

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Stuart T

Pete, I hope you can get me one for £20, I rather like it. I think its been played on the mod scene, it was also on a CD burned in Europe that I was given a copy of, so maybe thats where the demand is? I've bid on a few copies but have been surpised at what they went for, I thought it would be a cheapie.

Social source share

Guest Biggie G

Pete, I hope you can get me one for £20, I rather like it.  I think its been played on the mod scene, it was also on a CD burned in Europe that I was given a copy of, so maybe thats where the demand is?  I've bid on a few copies but have been surpised at what they went for, I thought it would be a cheapie.

link

It's on the Raving Mad Records list for £20

Social source share

This has recieved a few plays on the mod scene, not loads by any stretch, it is a £20 - £30 pound record apparently. I got mine for that price although the labels are a bit battered. I'd give £40 odd for a mint one as its a superb dancer.

I've also heard it spun once at the 100 Club. I think the price rocketing on the bay is more to do with recent Deep Funk radio show plays and interest on that scene.....maybe James T might know more?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!