Sticker Residue

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

There isn't one way. It all depends on the sort of paper of the label, the ink they've used and if it was "plastified" or not. Then there are the differences of glue used for the sticker. How old the sticker/glue is... So, I'd say that I've learned to leave some in accordance with the sticker wich will be less "damaging" than to reveal an "ugly/nasty" sticker tear/mark on the label. Some just need a peel. Some do need a little "fuel" soaking (BE careful/cautious about some ink used on label can react to fuel and leave some ring discoloration) before/after peeling. Some do need to be scrapped gently... It's a whole science IMHO.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I often use a very effective anti-adhesive liquid called "Proseptine" from Gifrer firm  (I don't know if it exists in your country, I'm from France)...it's great, I can remove all of this sticky residues without staining labels, LP covers...

Social source share

WD40 removes the residue from sticky label.

Hope it helps without any damage .

NO!!!! Adding oil to your labels - mad!

Petrol lighter fluid - back in the days we still did artwork on drawing board we always used it for degreasing and removing spirit glues, also great for degreasing vinyl.

Felt tip - unlikely you will ever really succeed.

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!