Mr. Fish - October Rare Soul Sales List

Mister Fish

Welcome to October's Rare Soul List (part 1)

Reluctantly I am selling off some of my play box 45's so am now offering some top notch dancers that don't come up that often.

This is part 1 of the sales list, more to come in part two, but cheaper!

Please click on the titles to hear the actual record for sale. 

Hope you find something of interest or just have fun with the clips.

Best,

Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UK Postage is £2.50  (£3.50 recorded) up to 3 records. 
Europe is £4.50 up to 3 records.
USA is £5.50 up to 3 records.

Please ask for registered shipping prices.

Payment as 'friends or family' or Bank transfer preferred.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Click on the titles to hear the entire record for sale*

PERCY STONE & THE EXPLOSIONS- CHAINED / SPREADING LOVE (RAM) VG++ £650
One of the pinnacles of crossover. This Classic Eddie Bo written & produced 45's on the tiniest of labels is so sought after. Grubby label but Excellent unblemished vinyl.

HARMONICS - BE YOUR MAN / SCUM-A DOOM (SOCK-IT) M-  £450
Not only hugely in-demand but on the super are 1st Detroit label.
Brilliant tough drum crossover of the highest calibre.

YOUNG IDEAS - LOSING YOU HAS MADE ME A WINNER / PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE (JEREE) M-  £450  SOLD
Something of a cult 45 over the last couple of years. This is the best condition copy I've seen and extremely rare.

SONNY TIL - I GAVE IT ALL UPNO NOT FOR HER (CLOWN) M-  £375  HOLD
Massive uptempo crossover dancer.

BILLY BYRD - I CAN'T MAKE IT WITHOUT YOU / CAN YOU FEEL IT (COMMUNICATION) VG++  £350
Superb Chicago 70's from this revered artist. Very tough to find and a big Soul Sam spin.

UJIMA - I'M NOT READY (EPIC) VG+  £300  SOLD
Magnificent & rather splendid 70's .

PRESTON PETERS - DON'T DO NOTHING TO THE RIGHT (M.M ENTERPRISES) VG  £300  SOLD
Played at Stafford as a miss-press and title unknown, this is to my knowledge the first appearance of the real deal issue copy wbac 100/101 with the unknown deep flip by Ruby Johnson & PP. Not seen before by John Manship or Guy Hennigan this has remained a mystery tune for several decades. A rare chance at a unique 45.

VARIATIONS - I WANNA TAKE YOU UPTOWN (RIGHT ON) M-  £275  SOLD
Very In-demand right now.

ULTIMATE BLACKS - I LIKE TO BE THE WORLD IS A TURMOIL  (HITSTOWN) VG+  £295
It's well documented that this sweet soul/funk double header plays appallingly due to heat damage, BUT here is a clean copy!!!!!!! Not thought to existing playable condition this could be the only clean copy to turn up. 15 secs before the end there is one skip which may be fixable. Labels are clean.

SAMMY RIDGLEY - LOCKED UP IN YOUR LOVE / DREAMING (CASH IN TODAY) M-  £250
70's stomper. One time Stafford (Guy) play doing the business all over again. 

LEE FIELDS & SPONTANEOUS GENERATION- TAKE ME BACK TYRAS SONG(ANGLE 3) M-  £250  SOLD
Stupendous, heart-racing Soul, finding favour again.

SOUL COMMANDERS - DREAMED OF A CASTLE (C/UP) VG+ £250  SOLD
Last of the handful I found. All copies now reside with top DJ's and are still kept covered up. Spins at the 100 club and Va Va Voom recently for this wonderful slice of group Northern Soul.

MAIN ATTRACTION - I GOT LOVE FOR MY BABY / WHAT DO I WISH FOR (CINDY) VG-  £225
Not helped by the lo-fi recording this Flint. Michigan rarity is still a crackly copy but after searching years for a good copy i'm giving up..Wonderful group Northern with a good few funky licks and a very funky dancer flip too.

SPECIALS - CAN'T FIND ANOTHER / PART 11 (SATCH) M-  £225  SOLD
Explosive, monster dancer. Tears up any dance floor!

RUBY & MUDFLAPS - BREEZY (JUPITER) M-  £195  SOLD
Despite the daft name this has become a majorly sought after
Modern spin for some of Europe's top jocks. Glorious, floor filling dancer and as a Germany only release not an easy find even in it's land of origin..(comes with ps.)

EULA COOPER - TRY (TRAGAR) VG  £175  SOLD
Out of this world crossover from a soul idol. Covered in marks but like all the Tragar 45's plays beautifully on good solid vinyl.
A stone cold under-played classic for sure.

BILL MURPHY - AIN'T NO BIG THING (MARTINS MUSIC) M-  £200
Now hitting the heights as THE version to play. Detroit crossover at it's finest!

COOKIE SCOTT & CHEVELLES - I DON'T CARE / MISLEAD  (ORR) VG  £175  SOLD
Massive, much admired and joyous 45 with multiple marks but plays great as you can hear.

SUMMITTS - I CAN'T GET OVER LOSING YOU (DONTEE) VG+  £175  SOLD
Dreamy, floor filling, top drawer group crossover. Another guaranteed floor filler.

RONNIE NORTH - I'VE GOTTA HEAR IT FROM YOU  (HOLLY) VG++ £175  SOLD
First had this in '84 and sold it for £100 via Keb Darge as an unknown. Now getting some big spins from enterprising DJ's out there. Never been an easy one.

WHISPERS - YOU CAN FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT / YOU GOT A MAN ON YOUR HANDS (DORE) M-  £175  SOLD
One of the rarest Whispers 45's. Sublime Crossover.

PERFECTIONS - CAN THIS BE REAL / TILL I GET HOME (CALGAR) M-  £175
An almost perfect '70's 45 as both sides are top drawer SOUL.

TSU TORONADOS - PLEASE HEART DON'T BREAK (RAMPART STREET) M-  £150 SOLD
...and the perfect Crossover tune to follow.

SEDUCTION & FUN CITY BAND - ORDINARY GUY / SAILING (BME) M-  £150
Ultra rare modern dancer on a private label from places unknown. Direct from one of the band members, no other copies available. Nice Sweet group flip too. With very few known copies  this could be an investment for an enterprising dj/collector.

CLASSMATES - TIGHTEN UP (HIT) VG+  £120
The rarest & most in-demand version to be played at present by the likes of Ian Wright etc..

FRIENDS LTD. - GOT TO HAVE THAT FUNKY MUSIC (PORTRAIT OF SOUND) VG++  £100  SOLD
Pretty much unknown dancer out of Scottsdale, Arizona from 1975. Very few around and ripe for progressive dj plays.

SOUL BROS feat GEORGE BROWN - CHANGES (C/UP) M-  £100
Current cover-up for Dave Thorley. Needless to say very obscure private label tune.

CARACAS - MY WOMAN (ROCKY COAST) M-  £85
Clearly blue-eyed but what a backing! Another crazy rare obscurity this time out of N.Y.C from '76.

ENCHANTERS - I SHOULD BE LOVING YOU  / HIDE & SEEK
(DELTA LTD) M-  £80

Beautiful, lilting., atmospheric group number out of Atlanta GA.
Flip it for some furious rhythm & soul action.

PEGGY LAREY - WELCOME HOME (SIDEWALK) M-  £75
Still to have it's day, this a moody piano led crossover tune with a heap of possibilities and a nice breakdown.

CITY LIMITZ - FIRST LOVE (VIRTUE) M-  £75  SOLD
Up-tempo funk edged Northern 45 waiting for some spins.

CONTRIBUTORS OF SOUL - WE CAN GET IT ON LATER ON / YOU CAN'T BUT HELP FALL IN LOVE (TAD) M-  £60 SOLD
Brilliant Chicago moody mid dancer. Current spins for yours truly. Not forgetting the subtle flip too. Bargain double-sider.

CREATORS - I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S TRUE (COCONUT) VG-  £50  SOLD
VERY rare 70's cut but on less than pretty vinyl. Still a player and like I say a true rarity.

-----------------------------------FIN------------------------------------

PART TWO NEXT WEEK!

Edited by Mister Fish
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source